Bagstr

Vallecito Mountain Tour

Ride Cancelled Due to Wind

Folks are nervous and I can't guarantee good weather

I will be riding at an undisclosed location Saturday.

http://maps.google.c...7bdc3a76c&msa=0

Opps - wrong link! Try not to think of this destination.

http://maps.google.c...395268,0.727158

This is correct Trail Head Map - Click Tree Parking, Easy Two Wheel Access.

Please bring your Intermediate skills - Tubes, Tools, Water, Snacks. Don't plan on food or fuel on route. ABDSP Territory, which means DOT equipment, Plate, Mirror, Tires.

Avoid parking on vegetation. Plenty of parking in treed area 1/4 mile east of S-2 opposite Bow Willow Campground. We will be riding established two track with no

trail cutting, thank you very much! Slow twisting deep sand tracks, Diablo and Fairchild Drops.

We are starting at 10:00 to accommodate late shift Wednesday, so don't even ask!

Three Card Carrying members of San Diego Adventure Riders will be meeting Thursday December 1st at South Carrizo Creek.

On the bike we will travel North; Arroyo Seco del Diablo, Hapaha Flat ending in Pinyon Canyon. Along the way we will feel free to

Explore Sandstone Canyon and other geologic wonders. The route being soo all that, we will return toward the south by various means.

The three of us are recovering from various ailments and planning on moderate pace. We may even stop to take a photo.

Looking forward to seeing you at the trailhead.

Anyone interested in this ride, I will be leaving Escondido at 8 sharp on Thursday and have room for 2 more bikes in my truck.

Covered in Dust

Looks good Dave

I will be hauling my bike on the RiggerDan Hauler

BUT

I have the option of using a 5X10 utility trailer if someone wants to jump onboard & needs a ride

Leaving the eastern Jamul area around 7:30ish

I might join you, call me when you have time at your convenience so we can set it up.

Driss

1322586360[/url]' post='116543']

Anyone interested in this ride, I will be leaving Escondido at 8 sharp on Thursday and have room for 2 more bikes in my truck.

Covered in Dust

Wind in Our Hair

Decision time gentlemen. Gusty conditions in lower

Dez Thursday and Friday, 10-15 mile wind, 30 mile gusts, High winds over the mountain passes.

I have no problem riding Thursday but,,,If the group would prefer Saturday with mild conditions, fine by me. Temps approximately 65 throughout.

Radios if available 146.505

Already doing a Side X Side ride with NCY on Saturday. So if you and Dan are still good so am I. A little wind will just keep the dust down and shouldn't bother us savvy vet's to much. :blink:

Ride CANCELLED Due to Possible High Wind. See 1st Post.

Nothing magic about Thursday, weather dicey so live to ride another day.

If there is a record for cancelled rides...

Ride CANCELLED Due to Possible High Wind. See 1st Post.

Nothing magic about Thursday, weather dicey so live to ride another day.

If there is a record for cancelled rides...

P1000609Ltg1000w-L.jpg

I agree, for us old retired guys one days the same as the next and no need to ride in bad conditions if we don't have to. Let's try again for Tuesday?

Chris

Damn. I was hoping the wind would help to clear the trial of CID's dust trail so I wouldn't have to spend the day eating it. If anybody reads this I'm looking to ride Thurs or Fri, the only time I can ride this week.=

It's still really still up in North County as of this moment, and it looks like it even rained a little during the night.

It's still really still up in North County as of this moment, and it looks like it even rained a little during the night.

Not sure what time it was but woke up to a massive hail storm

an inch or two landed and sounded like a freight train - all melted this morning and very wet here, if the winds do pick up at least the fire danger will minimal...... I hope

I just checked the weather Channel it's showing 25mph wind in borrego springs right now which means a gust of about 40mph,last night I was in LAX the wind was blowing so hard I was having a hard time controlling my truck.Having said that wind doesn't bother me much on a Light bike especially riding offroad at 40mph average speeds but I have riden canyons on my old 1200GS and it was challenging but after I put a damper on the bike much easier to handle the monster especially in the sand. God only knows how much I wanted to go riding but we do this for fun and if it's going to be miserable because of weather I agree with the group why bother.

1322755267[/url]' post='116667']

Where are this winds.....its dead still in Jamul.........):

Yes it did rain last night in north county I come home between 12:00 pm and 01:00 am in the middle of it.

1322755533[/url]' post='116668']

Is this ride moved now to this Thursday 12/08 like previously mentioned? Let me know guys so I can do some light scheduling to make it.

Driss,

There could be riding Thursday. We will know Wednesday. Definitely a DRZ type ride.

Driss,

There could be riding Thursday. We will know Wednesday. Definitely a DRZ type ride.

Is this ride open to anyone? I might be able to take a day off work!!

Michael & Driss,

This thread is a week old. Time will tell if anything is happening Thursday. Won't know until Wednesday PM

These rides are open to anyone willing to take responsibility for themselves in terms of carrying tools and spares

in addition to accepting the challenges of deep sand and rocky two track. Last week was more of a hard schedule,

this is less defined. I will check back Wednesday PM. Sorry I can't be more definite. If I go it probably won't be the described area from Dec. 1

Thanks! I definitely carry tools and spares for my bike...now actually knowing how to use them all effectively....I might need a pointer or two...