daijones

Time stamps incorrect?

Just posted a topic reply at 9:08PM and see it shows up as being posted in future at 9:28PM, is this because the server isn't set to correct time or am I in a time warp??

Just posted a topic reply at 9:08PM and see it shows up as being posted in future at 9:28PM, is this because the server isn't set to correct time or am I in a time warp??

Same thing this morning- @ 7:08 crawdaddy had a 7:23 stamp

It's been like that for weeks, I figured you city boy's were just way ahead of me just like on the trail.

I typically like to post things in the future, just so I can watch everyone catch up.

Server is 19 min fast on the clock :)

SDAR Webserver time:

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:17:50 GMT

Actual time:

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:58:50 GMT

Just updated the server time, should return to a bit more sanity...upstream there was a routing issue the provider screwed up and didn't let me know, so the interwebs might have been behaving strangely...I really need to migrate this server...

Thanks Cam....just so you know, the server clock is 20 minutes fast.

yeah, the server should be accurate now, and yeah, ntp/rdate/whatever is good, but I need to yank this off onto a new server, so when I do that all should be well, and then I'll just throw a cronjob at it so it shouldn't be an issue.