BaDDoG

New in SD area

Hello everyone ... Name is Rich ... originally from Colorado ... bought a 05' xr650l about a year and a half ago, but havn't been able to ride much as of yet due to work ... have been on about 20 or so rides in SD and surrounding area (havn't made it to the desert yet) and have found a few great trails, but definately a lot more fences, gates and signs ... boooo ... anybody know some good trails in the area that won't get you shot at, arrested, or chased by wild Indians ... haha ... (or a forum name that discusses such things) ...

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you'll find lots of adventurous trail riders here.

Hello ... I was curious if anyone has been down Eagle Peak Rd out of Julian lately ... would like to know what roads are open out there before I make the trip

Hello ... I was curious if anyone has been down Eagle Peak Rd out of Julian lately ... would like to know what roads are open out there before I make the trip

Eagle Peak and Boulder Creek are always open...Cedar Creek MAY be open, depending on muddy conditions, etc.

welcome to our forums !

Welcome- lots of fences and signs to be sure. Sign of the times...

Join up on a posted trail ride-

Post your own trail ride-

Or just go explore and see what you can find! Just did a great trail ride today with some new buds...XRL is a bit big for some trail but very versatile and able to do about anything

Welcome Rich....perhaps see you on a ride sometime....

Eagle Peak and Boulder Creek are always open...Cedar Creek MAY be open, depending on muddy conditions, etc.

welcome to our forums !

Cedar Creek is the connection at the end of Eagle Pk to Boulder ck. It was open a couple weeks ago when i rode it. Its hunting season at least i think it still is and they usually open the gates for the hunters.

Great! ... thanks for the input everyone ... I will be heading up that way hopefully this weekend to check it out ... I think I will try your route X-country-Rider ... Julian to Eagle Peak to Cedar Creek to Boulder Creek to Descanso then back home on the 8 ... looks like a fun ride!!

Great! ... thanks for the input everyone ... I will be heading up that way hopefully this weekend to check it out ... I think I will try your route X-country-Rider ... Julian to Eagle Peak to Cedar Creek to Boulder Creek to Descanso then back home on the 8 ... looks like a fun ride!!

Can you take pics especially along cedar creek road?

I will take my camera and take some shots along the way ... Looks like I'm off work tomorrow so I'm heading up there in the morning ... I will post them when I get back

Well ... made it down to the end of Eagle Peak, but the roads leading on were gated ... too bad ... great views from the road around there into the valley though ... ended up backtracking up to boulder creek and riding down to Descanto (Cedar Creek gated off on Boulder Peak side also) ... the Cedar Creek trail looks like a blast though ... oh well maybe next time

Welcome Rich, from another XR650L rider! Even though I'm a Noob (still!) here on the page, I've found it to be a great place, with lots of friendly folks! I think you'll like it here!