Sign in to follow this  
Hayseed

Rules for Carrizo Mountain?

Hey,

I am taking the kids riding this weekend. I am considering Carrizo Mountain as a possible destination but I would like some input from people who have been there.

Questions:

Its open June to January?

Is the area legal for green sticker bikes?

If green stickers are OK, is it technical? One of the kids (10) rides a Kawi 110L, with small diameter rims/tires.

They're all a little tired of the same old Ocotillo Wells, Superstition, Plaster City scenery.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

If it's the place I'm thinking of, overall it's an easy ride on 4x4 roads. Although, there is a hill that gave some folks trouble when I was out there. Also some of the switchbacks are kinda loose and rocky and the overall abundance of rocks may give the little guy some trouble. I'd say try it. The views from the top are worth the effort.

Is this the Painted Gorge Carrizo Mt? If so I rode up with guys that were on Red Sticker bikes.

Yes, thats the place. Thanks!

Mike

There used to be a sign on the gate at the bottom that said only street legal vehicles and must remain on the road, beyond the gate. That said, I have seen vehicles up there that were not street legal. Before you get to the gate, there are lots of mud hills to ride around on, and I believe that area is green sticker legal.

There used to be a sign on the gate at the bottom that said only street legal vehicles and must remain on the road, beyond the gate. That said, I have seen vehicles up there that were not street legal.

If I see the sign, we'll probably head over to the Plaster City area. As much as I'd like to get the kids to the top of the hill, I still have to act like a law abiding citizen in their presence.

Many thanks for the info.

Mike