Bagstr

Carrizo Creek - Saturday Nov. 5th - 0900

http://maps.google.c...395199,0.727158

Click on "Tree Parking, easy road access"

Intermediate Skills Ride, ranging from Dos Cabezas/Hayden Spring in the south to the bottom of the Pinyon Drop up north.

Possible: Volcanic Hills, Arroyo Seco del Diablo, Sandstone Canyon and Hapaha Flat. Please be self sufficient - Tubes, Tools, Water, Snacks.

There will be no catering truck or fuel available. Un-relenting SAND interspersed with relenting rocky two track. Temps in the 70Fs. 75-100 miles.

The parking is 1/4 mi east of the S-2 near Bow Willow Camp. Washboard level 2 wheel drive road to trees in view from road. I drive in from I-8 and the town of Ocotillo.

Come on Down to enjoy a peaceful day in the borrego. Bring you radio if available 146.505

1100013961_gmMaG-L.jpg

With any luck I will have one or both of my DS bikes back by then!

Sandstone Canyon was a dead end last weekend. Near the end there were signs stating " No off road activity beyond this point. The sign was at both places at the Y. Still Sandstone is cool.

P1010603.jpg

Paul = laugh.giflaugh.gif You and me too buddy!

Schwinn = Sandstone is beautiful regardless of where the signs are placed. We All want to keep the Dez lookin' sharp, right?

Paul = laugh.giflaugh.gif You and me too buddy!

Schwinn = Sandstone is beautiful regardless of where the signs are placed. We All want to keep the Dez lookin' sharp, right?

I agree, last Saturday was awsome in there and ran into Hoss there also

Are there any Temecula/Hemet area riders driving down for this ride that would have room for a DRZ and a rider with some gas money?

I will see you Sat AM.Might be epic if we have some rain.

Kug,

40% chance today, a Sunny 65F tomorrow.

Riding without our tents could be a novel experience.

good.gif

PS - A future ride-in Camp plan has been percolating through my tiny gray cells. Like the top of Arroyo Diablo.

1204296690_p824f-L.jpg

My probability of attendence just jumped from likely/hopeful to packing/loading the trailer as soon as I get off this train from LA.

I'm really thinking about this ride. A great group and looks like perfect weather tomorrow. However I need to think about how smart it would be. I had a little surgery on my neck 12 days ago and although I feel pretty good it's hard to turn my head. But heck who needs to turn your head when riding. Just look down the trail and gas it.

CiD

I'm really thinking about this ride. A great group and looks like perfect weather tomorrow. However I need to think about how smart it would be. I had a little surgery on my neck 12 days ago and although I feel pretty good it's hard to turn my head. But heck who needs to turn your head when riding. Just look down the trail and gas it.

CiD

Well, we'll all promise to go much slower for you.

Or to otherwise slow you down.

Come on out, I'd enjoy riding with you, and helping you to be CoveredinDust. Your neck surgery would be my only chance of doing so.

CiD

Thats why you use a radio! Chris carpool?

Hmmm..... I just got my suspension done by George (Suspenders) at Suspension 101 and he insists I put the DRZ through hell and give him feedback.......

Hmmm..... I just got my suspension done by George (Suspenders) at Suspension 101 and he insists I put the DRZ through hell and give him feedback.......

Shouldn't you still be sleeping or something??

Ken I'll call you this evening. All depends on how the neck is doing.

Chris

Chris I just commited to take a buddy of mine.he just got his knees replaced so he wants to try them out.don.t panic-- he has been riding some.

Damn...would love to make this, but haven't ordered new chain/sprockets yet, and new fork seal.

Bagstr, hope to hear about the overnighter you plan out there.

Thanks !

No problem Ken, I just went out to lunch with the wife (1st outing since the surgery) and I'm tired from lunch so going riding would probably be pushing it way to much. catch you guys in Dec. sometime for a ride. Right now I need to rest up for 10 days in Cabo coming up soon.

Chris

Ok my Buddy just backed out at 4:50 pm so I will be driving alone if any one wants to carpool local fron Esc. ???? area. I have a small trailer ( no more pick up ) Need to be heading out by 7:30 AM from Esc.

Chris - Take care of yourself. You have a midweek reservation when ready.

The rest of you - Loaded and Ready.