unclecameron

Intermittent Apache (web server) problems

It seems Apache is puking due to memory exhaustion (for those of you who know and/or care) and has been eating database sessions when it get hungry. Trying to get to the bottom of the problem, but in the meantime it causes Apache to crash, bringing the site down. Will update when I know more.

I haven't seen any site outages lately....but I'm not on all the time either.

Thanks Cameron.

Things seem to have stabilized, will keep monitoring it though for problems, installed some apache updates, hopefully we shouldn't see any more issues...

okay, the gremlins have returned (very intermittently)...I really need to migrate this site to a new server. If I find the time shortly, I'll set up a staging server and work on a migration to MUCH newer hardware (and software too), which should help out. I've needed to do this for awhile, I guess this might be as good of a time as any.

In the meantime, not much will change during the migration, though I will post a message when I get ready to flip the switch to the new server, and will keep the current server live in case we find we need to revert back due to problems. Just planning things out, will be a bit before I start rolling the change out...now go ride :)