Guest Crusty

Watch GOOFY ride to Denver Co. 10-27-2011

Im in downtown denver. Does anybody know of a motorcycle shop here? Dr650 rear 17in tire needed.

Thanks

Coyote Motorsports took care of me when I was up there. They may need to order the tire, but should arrive in a day or so.

301 E 57th Ave

Denver, CO 80216

www.CoyoteMotorSports.com

Awesome Tim ! Glad you made it, I figured you would.

Party down !

Glad you made it.. Bravo..

Still looking for open discussion as a noob, now that Goofy made his 'goal', how do you prep him for the ride back?

Wanting a safe return also.

Still looking for open discussion as a noob, now that Goofy made his 'goal', how do you prep him for the ride back?

I am trying to get him to earn his IBA certification on the way back. If I can do it on DRZ anyone should be able to do it on DR650.

His planning was excellent and he had really good logistical support back here in SD to help with mechanical and travel concerns.

Really all he should require is the new tire he already had mounted, and a check of the air filter, oil and mechanical components.

fay myers

9700 East Arapahoe Road, Greenwood Village, CO 80112

My friend in Denver highly recommends Fay Meyers.

I got a new tube and rear tireat sun enterprises.

One of the guys at the bachelor party who i met randomly lives in albuqurque so ill be staring there sunday night. Depending on my route home i will be close to 750 to 900. An IBA attempt may be possible Monday if i get quality sleep sunday night. I have a feeling sunday's AM milrs are going to be rough haha....

I'm in Albuqurque at a friend's house.

==== The IRON BUTT attempt is ON for tomorrow! =====

I'll be riding from Albuqurque down the 25 to El Paso (yes to visit the blonde girl with the accent), then back west along the 10 to the 8.

Its almost perfectly 1000 miles. I HOPE to wake up at 4, be at the gas station starting this journey by 430!

The bike will make it. The question is will I......

My biggest issue will be the # and length of my gas stops. I can cruise 80 all day but if I have to take 12+ gas stops and spend 15+ minutes at each stop that will cut into my time. My visit in El Paso will also be a wildcard. I'm gonna need all the luck you guys can send me. I appreciate the great support from SDAR. Thanks!

goofyfooter.whereamiriding.com

www.goofyfooter.whereamiriding.com

Geared Up, headed to the gas station. Ready to start and Ready to GO

I can hear it now

Got a good one for you guys. The gas cap broke and wouldnt unlock. I spent the last 30 min in 41 degree cold trying to break it off with my tire irons. I got it off finally, disassembled it and am now duct taping the cap in place

not sure how it broke but when i first got the bike i put the gas cap in upside down and it took me 20 mins go get it out so maybe that plus a combination of many other things had it frozen up. now the wish list is as follows:

new rear tire:check

IMS gas tank:black or white please

new exhaust can: FMF Q4(assuming the one thats on there rattles completely off and he leaves it in texas)

and thats about all i can think of now

Brendan - you can have an FMF with spark arrestor we just pulled off my son's DR if you want it. It's not too loud, in decent shape & plugs into the stock header. It's prolly 5 years old but it works & you can save the money for other things if ya want.

Check it out when the loaner stuff comes back this way.

new rear tire:check

IMS gas tank:black or white please

new exhaust can: FMF Q4(assuming the one thats on there rattles completely off and he leaves it in texas)

and thats about all i can think of now

If I were you I would consider a "natural" tank it is much easier to see the fuel remaining. I them them on the DRZ and WR, but the XR I was only able to get a red tank and I am regretting that already.

I do have an FMF Q4 off my DRZ, with the header. it was used for about 600 miles and with the exception of some rubber on the inner side of the can it is like new. I would need to ask for a little cash in exchange, but we could work something out (I mean it is practically brand new)

oh yea good call on the tank i didnt even think about that.

steel rain and trophy thanks for the options, ill def. consider them both depending on the status of mine when i get back.

and the most recent update from tim via text:

"F* you boyle"

(shortly followed by)

"the early onset of delerium is setting in"

i think the redundancy of that statement is evidence enough.

lets keep him going cuz im sure hes running on less than fumes right now.

WTF is he doing in El Paso?

I was expecting a call from him last night but it never came. I cannot offer the same support for his trip back that I did for the trip out but I am still available for an emergency.

but WTF is he doing in El Paso? That is a slew of extra miles and time unless he is going to use Mexico to get extra miles into the IBA Cert.

steelrain: his plan changed.

he rode to NM to stay with our buddy for the night last night. he woke up at 4am today and routed a trip through el paso that is almost exactly 1000 miles. i havent gotten an update from him lately but im at work so im not really able to use my phone a whole bunch.

Im in deming nm and headed back west. I routed to el paso to pick up miles and catch up with a friend. Steel i called last night but didnt leave a message. I appreciate you being there in an emergency. The route home should be clear except for traffic in tuscon and phoenix. I hope to do you and sdar proud by making it to sd in time. 414am local time is my deadline

Heya Tim, Good thoughts and Energy goes out your way for your journey home...been fun following your wild adventure!! :torch:

Just helped a young hipster with her bike. Shes tiding cross country with her honda hawk haha.