I have an addiction. It happened again............home at 9:20pm after a 13hour day and 272 miles. Went out on my KTM 950, didn't plan on going out for an all day ride intothe night, but I couldn't resist the urge as the day went on. Went out 94with Ed, Brett, Uncle Dave, Randy W. and hispossible FNG he brought along for breakfast. After, we had plans for somedirt, so we went Harris Ranch dirt road from Twin Oaks restaurant to 94ethen up Buckman to the Bear Valley dirt turnoff to Pine Valley. Had fun inthe dirt to Pine Valley, then beverage stop and gas. Everyone parted ways from Pine Valley, I still had no plans. I decided to doBoulder Creek dirt from Descanso to Engineer Rd. WARNING !! For those doingBoulder Creek, watch out for the first water crossing (if it has water) thatcrosses the PAVED ROAD only about a mile or 2 from where you turn right ontoBoulder Creek from the main Oak Grove Rd. I came up on this not expectingwater there, doing about 40, hit the brakes and slowed a little........oh ohI saw green slime on the concrete, almost lost it. The front wheel slidabout 6" sideways but luckily I stayed upright. The next water crossing onthe dirt part of Boulder Creek still has water running across the entirelength, I slowed down and putted across that one. Had fun in the dirt, then down to Santa Ysabel for gas and anotherbeverage. Hung out for about an hour, talking to some riders, and justrelaxing. Tony 'D pulled up after his Palomar ride, no cops anywhere he saidI was debating what to do, and decided I really didn't want to go home.Tony left, and when I left it was 2:45 and decided to head up 79 north toWarner Springs. I was thinking about pavement to Idyllwild, but then saw theturnoff to Lost Valley, we had done on Greg Minor's adventure bike ride afew months ago. I decided to ride dirt to Anza instead of pavement. I forgotwhat a neat route this is, 20 miles of dirt and great scenery as you crossover some ridges and criss-cross some valleys. At Anza, I headed into townfor beverage stop. While sitting there, enjoying a break, my mind was working on the nextdualsport ride, maybe in November, that will utilize this route. Got back onthe bike and rode west on 371 to Aguanga, and looked for the Palomar Dividedirt road turnoff. I had never done it yet, but remembered Kevin say it cameout by a trailer park. I saw that, and the nearby dirt roads, and found myway to the Palomar Divide Rd. Man, I really enjoyed this route !! I thoughtit went along the base of the mountains, but it crosses the high ridges justeast of Palomar for 25 miles !! The views of the area were awesome from upthere. I came to an old stone house and checked it out. The road lookedfreshly paved from here, I was really disappointed to see blacktop. BUT, itwas only for 3 miles, then more dirt to the bottom. Weird seeing blacktopfor 3 miles, and not even from the paved road up. Hit 79 and went south, stopped at Warner Springs Ranch to see if they'reopen to the public for rooms for future dualsport ride, but the rules say NOMOTORCYCLES on property.........BOO HOO at them !! Stopped at Santa Ysabel,restaurant closed so I bought some stuff from the Market and had a littlepicnic. Isn't that nice...LOL. Met a cool Harley guy and we talked, he's thinking about buying some landnorth of Ridgecrest on the 395 and building a biker only, Iron Buttcampground (minimal facilities). I gave him my card and told him to let meknow if he does it. Left Santa Ysabel as it got dark, Old Julian fun as it was still just lightenough, then Wildcat with all the slowpokes home. I hope I never overcome THIS addiction !! Randy LazarSan Diego Adventure Riderswww.dualsport-sd.com

Guest ziggy
:) Nice writeup of a good day. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Z