Czechsix

Sunday ride out to Santiago Peak...

Had a nice little ride out there, took the long way out first past the Santa Rosa preserve, then came back through Tenaja Truck Trail.

The ride out was completely deserted, didn't see any traffic, and even Wildomar was dead as a doornail.

Southern trailhead parking

post-14220-037911000 1317671391_thumb.jp

Hopped over to the North Divide side...

post-14220-059022100 1317671423_thumb.jp

Dusty trail, but still green!

post-14220-073730600 1317671445_thumb.jp

Anyone missing a 650L?

post-14220-045981000 1317671465_thumb.jp

And on up to Santiago Peak and the view....

New fairing build worked fine, nothing fell off, and it actually cuts the wind OK. 170 miles total from Fallbrook, past Santa Rosa EP, over Ortega Highway, and then main divide North until five miles past Santiago, plus points in between. Fun ride, I need a better seat than this CEET heheh. Have to do it again within the next few months. As usual the North entry to Tenaja TT was signed "no trespassing" "private property", and it's been long enough that I didn't remember the exact route, so that added a few miles on. Tenaja TT itself is really easy right not, a bit loose but not bad. The waterfall crossing is completely filled in and as easy as pavement, but that'll change with a few rains I'm sure.

You wouldn't happen to have any tracks would you?

Yep, just have to DL them and clean it up a bit...some, uh, unintended side trips there :unsure: I can shoot you a .gpx file once it's done, if you'd like. I might post it up on some other sites too, come to think of it. The Tenaja TT is obviously getting lots of traffic, it was pretty dusted, and lots of 4x4 tracks on it, not many bikes though. I saw maybe one or two other knobbies that had been on it.

Looks like a nice day out there....finally getting cool enough to hit our local spots more...I love palomar.....now that it's not 100 degrees...thanks for sharing..

How many miles of pavement? Id like to do this ride sometime soon as I've never been up that far.

Bummed I couldn't get the bike back together in time to ride.

Which fairing are you using? Couldn't see the front. The setup looks pretty nice.

Had a nice little ride out there, took the long way out first past the Santa Rosa preserve, then came back through Tenaja Truck Trail.

The ride out was completely deserted, didn't see any traffic, and even Wildomar was dead as a doornail.

Southern trailhead parking

post-14220-037911000 1317671391_thumb.jp

Hopped over to the North Divide side...

post-14220-059022100 1317671423_thumb.jp

Dusty trail, but still green!

post-14220-073730600 1317671445_thumb.jp

Anyone missing a 650L?

post-14220-045981000 1317671465_thumb.jp

And on up to Santiago Peak and the view....

New fairing build worked fine, nothing fell off, and it actually cuts the wind OK. 170 miles total from Fallbrook, past Santa Rosa EP, over Ortega Highway, and then main divide North until five miles past Santiago, plus points in between. Fun ride, I need a better seat than this CEET heheh. Have to do it again within the next few months. As usual the North entry to Tenaja TT was signed "no trespassing" "private property", and it's been long enough that I didn't remember the exact route, so that added a few miles on. Tenaja TT itself is really easy right not, a bit loose but not bad. The waterfall crossing is completely filled in and as easy as pavement, but that'll change with a few rains I'm sure.

How many miles of pavement? Id like to do this ride sometime soon as I've never been up that far.

Bummed I couldn't get the bike back together in time to ride.

Lots of pavement miles, coming in from Vista. But once you get up to the North Divide side, there are something like 70 miles? of dirt to play around in. On this route I'm going to estimate I did 35-40 miles worth. I need to DL the track file, but I'm having issues with the USB on my ancient adding machine, might have to spring for a new version or build another before I can get the track file. But there are good tracks on the other thread posted by someone. I'll be going again, that's for sure, but it's not a hard ride, other than distance, and seats that feel like 4x4's after 150 miles.

Which fairing are you using? Couldn't see the front. The setup looks pretty nice.

I posted a few pics on ADV when I was putting it together

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16826718&postcount=3732

It's an old KLR fairing that I did a wedge mod on, bought it from a neighbor for $20, fabbed a couple of hack brackets that I still have to improve on, found an '85 VF500 H4 headlight and bracket, added that in, and then got some ABS sheet and did a few bends, then added junk onto it. Yeah, I agree that it looks like a star wars helmet :heh: but it's working, and I've got maybe $50 bucks into it. What I was after, and am still after, is experimenting with side forces, and how badly the wind bucks it, versus a frame mounted fairing, and then finally playing around with a low front fender and seeing how that affects things. I was coming back from the desert a while back and the wind really sucked, which is what got me on this whole thing. That plus the BD light was pathetic - at least this light throws more out there.

My seat feels like a 2x4 after about 5 minutes...

When do you think you will ride it next? Im definitely in.

Plans? PLANS? what plans?

No idea, I ride when the urge hits. What I do want to get out and do is head back to the mine road area and explore some more. I'll post up when I'm ready to go on that one - getting cooler and that's good. I'd like to head out to Cleveland once a month or so, and get an efficient short and fast route out there, at least to Wildomar.

My seat feels like a 2x4 after about 5 minutes...

When do you think you will ride it next? Im definitely in.

Lol. Crackin me up.