Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Anybody heard of Bee Canyon

Hi all, after riding Hixon trail last weekend, I was looking at some roads on google earth that appear to lead up from Hemet to both east and west of Fulmor lake near Idlywild. Somebody at work who lives in Hemet said that this was Bee Canyon road. I'm hoping it's not fulla bees. It starts just east of Cranston station in Hemet. I was wandering if anybody ever rode any of this stuff. It looks extensive and of course I have no idea if there are locked gates or anything like that on it. I am curious about exploring it and thought I would go out there and park by Cranston station and maybe nose around on my freshly resprung TE 450. Any thought on this? Anybody wanna go have a lookee-see? On Sunday. I have to work on SAturday.

Hi there... I have no idea about that trail... hopefully someone will respond... How's the re-sprung TE450.. I saw one at GP San Diego they did some work, and it was much lowered... I'm riding tomorrow Pine Valley to Corral Canyon with Stefano and 2wheels, you are certainly wellcome or anybody else looking at this post... I'll be thinking about a Sunday Ride... Are you going to the night ride on Sat evening?

Go to A forum for general photos, under General see aerial photos compliments of Doctor dynamite. He is a helicopter pilot and has much knowledge of the area,

Go to A forum for general photos, under General see aerial photos compliments of Doctor dynamite. He is a helicopter pilot and has much knowledge of the area,

The Bee Canyon in Aerial Photos is between Otay Mountain and Tecate Peak close to the Border. The one in this post is somewhere up in Riverside County.

To make matters even more confusing, there is a Bee Valley about 5 miles from Bee Canyon - the one by the Border. It's in the Deerhorn Valley area off of Honey Springs Road.

I'm riding tomorrow Pine Valley to Corral Canyon with Stefano and 2wheels, you are certainly wellcome or anybody else looking at this post...

Maybe you should start a new thread for this.

Anyway, I won't be able to make it. I just had my bike at South Bay Motorsports to get a new tire put on, and it had a worn rear bearing. They said I shouldn't be riding it all.

Sorry dirt dame, hijack off

I grew up in Idyllwild and have been up the Bee Canyon road many times. What do you want to know about it? There's another fire road up 74 maybe 5 miles from the Bee Canyon road, it has a gate though and they close it when it becomes a fire hazard. I forget if Bee Canyon has any gates, I don't think so.

Hi there... I have no idea about that trail... hopefully someone will respond... How's the re-sprung TE450.. I saw one at GP San Diego they did some work, and it was much lowered... I'm riding tomorrow Pine Valley to Corral Canyon with Stefano and 2wheels, you are certainly wellcome or anybody else looking at this post... I'll be thinking about a Sunday Ride... Are you going to the night ride on Sat evening?

I have to work both Friday and Saturday. The only week day I get off regularly is Wednsday. I was lucky to get last Saturday off and make it to the Hixon ride. As for the night ride, I can barely see where I am going in broad daylight and I have to work till 6:30 on that evening, maybe I'll try a night ride some other time, although it is doubtful

I grew up in Idyllwild and have been up the Bee Canyon road many times. What do you want to know about it? There's another fire road up 74 maybe 5 miles from the Bee Canyon road, it has a gate though and they close it when it becomes a fire hazard. I forget if Bee Canyon has any gates, I don't think so.

Well, that's better than nuthin (or hearing that it is closed 5 miles in or something like that) It just looks from the google earth perspective like it would be a good long ride that would end up in the pine trees and on 243 so I could putt over to Idylwild for lunch, fuel and mosey back down the pavement.

I have to work both Friday and Saturday. The only week day I get off regularly is Wednsday. I was lucky to get last Saturday off and make it to the Hixon ride. As for the night ride, I can barely see where I am going in broad daylight and I have to work till 6:30 on that evening, maybe I'll try a night ride some other time, although it is doubtful

Well, that's better than nuthin (or hearing that it is closed 5 miles in or something like that) It just looks from the google earth perspective like it would be a good long ride that would end up in the pine trees and on 243 so I could putt over to Idylwild for lunch, fuel and mosey back down the pavement.

never heard of it but willing to explore