piratemonkey

Simon the dog does the TAT

Let me get this out of the way first: I won't be posting too regularly. Riding all day and then dealing with the chores of camping all evening leaves very little time to do anything else. I'll post pics now and then, but the detailed write-up is going to have to wait until I get back.

A few photos...

We were only at Salton Sea and I was already down five pounds of water weight.

post-1009-021814300 1315921358_thumb.jpg

Simon loves Arizona because you can proudly wear your piece while you ride.

post-1009-098381500 1315921388_thumb.jpg

A cook brought Simon his own slab of ham. He was not allowed to eat the entire piece since all that salt would cause him to retain water and he's already heavy enough as it is!

post-1009-064203800 1315921431_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the bike goes where the spirit carries it.

post-1009-039040700 1315921479_thumb.jpg

More photos when I get the chance. We got through Monument Valley yesterday -- too bad the option to really enjoy the area was a no-go thanks to a rude storm.

Sometimes the bike goes where the spirit carries it.

Beware of evil spirits. :bigeyed:

Wayne carries Simon in the dirt since he doesn't fall like I do.

Currently eating breakfast in Monticello before hitting the dirt. Been storming a lot so we're hoping there's no deep water.

Ahhh, you're getting ready for the Moab section....have fun on the big sand uphill heading towards the Gemini Bridges ! We did on our big bikes.

You guys are realy moving along .At least you are out of the heat.

Been storming a lot so we're hoping there's no deep water.

What? You're not carrying these?

0000006919.gif166356_ts.JPG?cell=300,300&cvt=jpeg

Love the thread title...Have fun, be safe...look forward to hearing all about the adventures

zina does have a spot,....she asked if she could add my info in case they need something....BUT...I don't have a link to her spot....ZINA...send your info to strega....and he can give us a quick link....so we can follow you guys.....

zina does have a spot,....she asked if she could add my info in case they need something....BUT...I don't have a link to her spot....ZINA...send your info to strega....and he can give us a quick link....so we can follow you guys.....

I do have a Spot, but I didn't sign up for the tracking feature. Although I am willing to post photos of my bike stuck in a bush, I don't want you all to know how long it really took for us to get it out of there. :ph34r:

More photos, not in any particular order.

It is impossible to resist the draw of a hole (make of that whatever you will).

post-1009-027960500 1315973466_thumb.jpg

Just starting the Monticello portion of the TAT.

post-1009-065095500 1315974017_thumb.jpg

Fail!

post-1009-065570700 1315974200_thumb.jpg

Monument Valley in the rain.

post-1009-018924300 1315974417_thumb.jpg

We didn't want to pitch camp in the mud so we ended up here. Shabby chic. Or maybe just shabby.

post-1009-018822000 1315974610_thumb.jpg

Bummer about the rain.

Bummer about your man deciding to take up crossdressing at the start of your journey! The Beer looks good and frosty though!

Wait till I load the pic of two DRZs down. They look like sleeping sows.

Were you bored at camp and tried cow tipping ?

Well I visited Crown King, AZ, but I missed that photo op with the frosty beer girl!!..nice little bar/restaurant though..the locals across the lot were all out on their porch playing spoons...(loved riding around Prescott, good times)

Leaving Moab in the morning. Do those look like rain clouds? Maybe because they were!

post-1009-019610600 1316064924_thumb.jpg

A patch of deep sand around a corner caught us out. I had scrubbed off most of my speed and thought I'd get around on the right side, but I ended up clipping the back of Wayne's downed bike. Simon came away from it fine. The bottom of the backpack has a hard plastic stool in it (inverted) so the lower part can't be crushed.

post-1009-042239800 1316064427_thumb.jpg

One of the tracks we followed ended up going nowhere, or at least nowhere obvious.

post-1009-053962100 1316064669_thumb.jpg

Simon's rain cover is good for protection but bad for the view. Sucks to be a dog with no input.

post-1009-032741500 1316065241_thumb.jpg

Are you in Green River? Looks like the weather will start to clear up in a day or two. :thumbsup_anim:

LOVE the picture of Simon's snout peaking out of the backpack!

enjoy your trip, take your time, and prepare the write-up we are all counting on

Currently in Ely, Nevada hunkering down in the tent due to yet another storm. Had to detour from the TAT route due to really bad roads. Gonna try to pick it up again after we slab it to Lund.

Will load more pics tonight.

tent and storm or not words that belong together.

Spa and storm.

Luxury resort and storm.

Home and storm.

Currently in Ely, Nevada hunkering down in the tent due to yet another storm. Had to detour from the TAT route due to really bad roads. Gonna try to pick it up again after we slab it to Lund.

Will load more pics tonight.

Wow you are making very good time .So much for smelling the roses. 200 miles per day ??. How are you getting along with the route ? Sloppy sticky roads ? :( Nevada is incredible.