ARGMISTER

2006 Buell ulyses xb12x

So i sold my truck, and now am looking to get a commuter/adventurer, biggs harley has a buell ulyses for under 6k with 12k on the clock, im looking for something with some long distance capabilities with a small budget in mind,but im young so something with a little bad assness ;) anybody have any input on these bikes? ive read alot of reviews that have nothing really negative to say about the bike.

post-13937-054743900 1314466009_thumb.jp

well- that is certainly badass... if you haven't already, check advrider for comments... filter them to remove the jerks and bandwagoners, and you should get a pretty good view of the bike for most people.

I'm not sold on that engine, but have a lot of respect for Buell as a motorcycle guy...

for off road- that can under the bike sounds like a problem...

but the whole bike has a great attitude... not a Harley... not a GS... not an ADV... it is a badass Buell

^^^^^^^ What I was thinking, but better said.

Notice the rear tire is worn more than the front? Bet the front wheel's in the air a lot :coolio:

Definitely B.A.

They're a decent bike....good for occassional fire roads, not enough ground clearance for more serious off-road.

Great street bike with some dirt mixed in for fun.

Still doesn't compare to a KTM950 or BMW800GS or 1200GS.

The Buell motors are pretty reliable, and YES, the bike has some "bad-assness" built in. :coolio:

Currently reading adv in between customers :ph34r: havent found to many negatives except a few people with crank bearing failures 06/07..... kinda scares me. fixed it with the 08's and up. The can is a popular subject, according to most of the reviews its strong enough to be used as a jacking point :wacko: thing must weigh a good amount to be that strong. Would really love to find a fz6/1 but well see. still shopping for that good deal.

It looks like Buell is going out of business.

Buell

Still a good ride, but will there be continued support?

I love my 06 950 adventure. 80 miles a day on slab, sometimes 130 a day. Total blast in the dirt considering the weight. :coolio:

They, 950 Adventures, are few and far between, but worth the investment.

cycletrader

where have you BEEN John? Buell discontinued was news a long time ago... as for support, it shouldn't be too bad for the basic engine... hot rodded Harley

How long does one plan on keeping a bike anyway? I figure 10 years of parts support is plenty

I read, legally parts are suppose to be available for 7 years. Im moving back to ramona in october, and thats a long ride for a bicycle, so i gotta find something soon. Would really love this, no matter how uncomfortable it would be to ride long distances, its just cool- http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/2568158391.html

Thinking the buell looks like a great all around tourer/off-roader/commuter. Lookin towards the future, cause i really want to take trips to far away places, and this bike looks comfortable for 2 up rides too.

Hey Arg, I'm sure you'd have a blast with the Buell.

If you want, I have a friend at Victorville Harley Davidson -Dave Finnerty (general manager) where I bought my XR1200. I used to roadrace with him at Willow Springs...he and his salesman Dennis both own the Buells. Call them and ask about them....they won't give you any BS just because they work at a Harley shop....they'll give you their true impressions of the bike. I know they like the Buell Ulysses.

Dave rides the Ulysses, and also rides a Husky Supermoto.