Crawdaddy

Directions to Bautista/Hixon Trails

Nice pics, Have any of the section 7 hard B)B) ?

I don't have any pics from our ride......but I was able to find something even better.....an excellent write up/photos on Thumper talk (see link below).....one key point to remember......the guys in these photos rode UP Hixon and DOWN Bautista (the Dualies followed that same route in 06) then they turned around and rode UP Bautista and Down Hixon (as you'll be doing on the 07 route this year).......the second half of the ride is what beat them up because UP Bautista and DOWN Hixon is generally regarded as the harder direction.....get the picture? Any other questions on why this section may be jammed up with riders on game day? :D ....Still think ya want it? B) Then go get it! B):DB)

Hixon/Bautista (Allesandro) trails report/photos from Thumper Talk

Posted the reply above to Carguy regarding Section 7 (Hardway) on the Dualies Charity ride in 3 weeks......I had recommended in an earlier post to skip that Hardway section because it'll be a log jam with riders on an already long day on the day of the organized ride.......the other reson I recommended skipping it is because you can drive up there and ride that section (in both directions as the guys in the link above did) at ANY time as an INFORMAL ride.....it's only an hour away from San Diego in Hemet....how cool is that! B)

Take 15N to Winchester in Temecula (right)

Winchester to Domenigoni Pkwy (right)

Domenigoni Pkwy to S. Sanderson (left)

S. Sanderson to W. Florida Ave. (right)

W. Florida Ave. to Fairview (right)

Fairview to Bautista Rd. (left)

The Hixon Trailhead is off Bautista Rd. (first photo in link above)

My Advice - Participate in the organized Dualies Charity ride (fun route/great cause).....have a blast.......and then come back and ride the Hixon/Bautista - Bautista/Hixon section at your leisure/at your schedule/and without ~80 other guys.....

My Advice - Participate in the organized Dualies Charity ride (fun route/great cause).....have a blast.......and then come back and ride the Hixon/Bautista - Bautista/Hixon section at your leisure/at your schedule/and without ~80 other guys.....

That looks like a total BLAST! B) Thanks for posting the link to the ride report. Since I have to bail on the Dualies ride I'll be looking forward to heading up in the summer. Keep us posted Chris B)

I'm in!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Move the night ride to this location. B)B)

I ride up there alot. Hixon is pretty easy most of the way with just a couple of intermediate sections in it. I usually go up to Anza and start off of Carey road. There is also a "black diamond" trail inthe same vicinity called Alessandro. It is shorter (about 3 and a half miles long) and quite the little butt-whacker. Also there are a couple of other tight twisty single tracks out there and also Thomas Mountain for those who want a nice scenic ride that is no-sweat

There is also a "black diamond" trail in the same vicinity called Alessandro. It is shorter (about 3 and a half miles long) and quite the little butt-whacker.

That's right.......Bautista Trail and Allessandro Trail are one in the same.....and you can connect the trails to one another via a dirt road up top......pictures of Bautista (Allessandro), Hixon, and the dirt road connector can all be found in the Thumper Talk web link I pasted in to start off this thread.....

Great Pics! I was out there with 2 buddies 2 weeks ago. We also started at Carney rode and rode up Nf-7s04 to Nf-6s89. We rode down Alessandro singletrack. PIC# 19 & 20. Let me tell you. I consider myself a pretty decent technical rider, and it was all I wanted.... Great Pictures and skills you guys have. I was way to worried about throwing my new KTM down a cliff.

We then made a right at Bautista Rd and rode up Nf-6s16. We found some singletrack on the left that looped around and back down, then rode up Hixon (which is really sweet) and fireroad back to trucks. We were able to link up 45miles. Sorry no pics, I was to busy death gripping my bars.

We will most likely be out there again this Sunday early. Maybe we'll see some of you out there.

Dan

Nice pics, Have any of the section 7 hard :):) ?

I don't have any pics from our ride......but I was able to find something even better.....an excellent write up/photos on Thumper talk (see link below).....one key point to remember......the guys in these photos rode UP Hixon and DOWN Bautista (the Dualies followed that same route in 06) then they turned around and rode UP Bautista and Down Hixon (as you'll be doing on the 07 route this year).......the second half of the ride is what beat them up because UP Bautista and DOWN Hixon is generally regarded as the harder direction.....get the picture? Any other questions on why this section may be jammed up with riders on game day? :o ....Still think ya want it? :) Then go get it! :blink::D:good:

Hixon/Bautista (Allesandro) trails report/photos from Thumper Talk

Posted the reply above to Carguy regarding Section 7 (Hardway) on the Dualies Charity ride in 3 weeks......I had recommended in an earlier post to skip that Hardway section because it'll be a log jam with riders on an already long day on the day of the organized ride.......the other reson I recommended skipping it is because you can drive up there and ride that section (in both directions as the guys in the link above did) at ANY time as an INFORMAL ride.....it's only an hour away from San Diego in Hemet....how cool is that! :lol:

Advice taken, Thanks we must do section 7 hard this summer.

:)

Alessandro is a pretty tough trail.

It was really tough doing it on a BMW R100GS......Mad Mike and I did it a couple years ago on Malcolm Smith's ride. Mike was already tired from helping get a crashed bike out of a ravine, so when we started up

Alessandro, he was having a hard time on his Beemer. I swapped bikes with him and let him ride my 640 up, I rode his Beemer.....we felt like Manly Men when we got to the top of the trail, after riding his Beemer up without much trouble. :)

Anybody knows how many miles to go on Bautista Rd. to the trailhead? Left or right side to watch for coming from Hemet? Some of us are thinking of doing it this Saturday. Need the details to call a meeting place. Any takers?

Alex.

Dissatisfied with all asphault directions to the trailhead. I looked it up on Google and found a dirt route there. And it's really easy to get to. Everyone that joined in on the last ride I led into Anza may remember where we turned right onto Bailey Rd just south of Anza. :i-m_so_happy: Not likely, but at any rate, if we turned left and stayed on the Cienega TT we would run right into Bautista Rd.

I'm not going to be able to do the Dualies ride but may be able to set up a ride out there. Mostly dirt, a real Ironman ride for those with iron asses. Prefererably we could do this before the 80+ riders sink their tires into it. Stay tuned. (to another channel)

Dissatisfied with all asphault directions to the trailhead. I looked it up on Google and found a dirt route there. And it's really easy to get to. Everyone that joined in on the last ride I led into Anza may remember where we turned right onto Bailey Rd just south of Anza. :i-m_so_happy: Not likely, but at any rate, if we turned left and stayed on the Cienega TT we would run right into Bautista Rd.

I'm not going to be able to do the Dualies ride but may be able to set up a ride out there. Mostly dirt, a real Ironman ride for those with iron asses. Prefererably we could do this before the 80+ riders sink their tires into it. Stay tuned. (to another channel)

Like members only channels?

Hey guys,

if you are interested, plan on coming...we are finalizing the details about meeting place/time...look for future posts for meeting place/time details.

Papa/Alex

Hey guys,

if you are interested, plan on coming...we are finalizing the details about meeting place/time...look for future posts for meeting place/time details.

Papa/Alex

Alex, suggestion......meet in Warner Springs and ride dirt out from there to Anza, then only a few miles of pavement, then more dirt to the Alessandro Trail.

Are you guys planning on doing the Alessandro Trail ?? If you were going on Sunday, I would try to make it. I'm flying in from Vegas Friday night, and don't think I want to get up to go riding first thing on Saturday.

Hey guys,

Papa/Alex

Alex, suggestion......meet in Warner Springs and ride dirt out from there to Anza, then only a few miles of pavement, then more dirt to the Alessandro Trail.

Are you guys planning on doing the Alessandro Trail ?? If you were going on Sunday, I would try to make it. I'm flying in from Vegas Friday night, and don't think I want to get up to go riding first thing on Saturday.

Great idea/route......I only posted the road directions for folks thinking about driving to the Hixon Trailhead and unloading.......if you want to ride over then I'd come at it from the Anza side......I'd suggest riding past Allesandro trail on the dirt portion of Bautista road and turning onto the Hixon trail from the pavement.......that way you can go up Hixon and down Allesandro first then turn around and ride it in reverse......same as the guys in the web link did......might help you get the lay of the land for the ride up Allesandro......or not......whatever.......it'll be a blast.......go get it! :i-m_so_happy:

I'm out this weekend......was gone all day Sunday each of the past two.....have to hang out around mi casa