RangerDan

405 Freeway Closure

It's almost here...the 500,000 car trips per day 405 freeway will be closed for the entire weekend between the 10 and 101 freeways. As a kid, did you ever have an ant farm and shake it up just to see the turmoil inside? This should be the adult version of that game.

I am hunkering down in my home park and not venturing out until Monday...

Dan

It's almost here...the 500,000 car trips per day 405 freeway will be closed for the entire weekend between the 10 and 101 freeways. As a kid, did you ever have an ant farm and shake it up just to see the turmoil inside? This should be the adult version of that game.

I am hunkering down in my home park and not venturing out until Monday...

Dan

They are calling it CARMEGEDDON.

I am currently staying in a mountainous region that has only one lane in both directions... This road serves as an alternate for the route that is closing. It is going to be a mess!

Guest Crusty

Do you think it will be clear by Monday, we are going to Magic Mountain.party.gif

Crusty, I believe it's only on the weekend....but maybe check the Caltrans website for road info to be sure.

Yes. If there are no glitches the 405 is scheduled to reopen at 5:00AM Monday. There are some concerns however including "dropping" half of a bridge onto the 405 lanes with only sand to protect against impact damage. If the lanes get torn up...it will really turn into a fun adventure.

Dan

http://thesource.metro.net/2011/07/12/detailed-explanation-of-how-the-mulholland-bridge-over-405-will-be-torn-down/

so- it looks like the dirt will catch chucks of concrete, not a section of bridge

at any rate... the 405 freeway is a HUGE artery for that area, and they BETTER get it open on time, or it will be a nightmare... I would just stay home if I worked off that route and it didn't open... or take a bike on side streets

The 405 closure made us extend our trip to oregon an extra day. We were originally slated to come right through that mess on sunday, but now we'll stay an extra night and sneek through monday morning.