bikeslut

-Corral-Sunday 12th and Monday the 13th

I am taking my 11 year old and 14 year old riding Sunday... probably setting up at Corral Campground around 7, with the trailer, wife, kids, etc. We'll start on fire roads, then maybe Spur Meadow up to Norm, etc. TOTALLY noob/big bike/small kid friendly... easy pace, plenty of stopping, snacks, drinks, pictures, etc.

Wife will hang around the campground with the 4 year old, so little kids and non-riders are welcome... my wife is an aviculturist and plant afficianado, so will be walking around with a camera, etc.

I'll have a cooler, some chairs, an enclosed trailer, Wi-Fi, laptops, etc. All the luxuries of home except a hot shower...

Monday- I will be going back without the kids, and riding the hard trails... 3, 5 and 7 if I can find it... 8, 9 and Ranger are on the agenda as well, but I will play it by ear. I'll be on the WR with no fork oil, or the DRZ... not that that should matter any.

I am in for Monday. 7 is not hard to find but it is a bit of a challenge to complete. :torch: What time were you thinking? Pine valley start or elsewhere?

Monday- I dunno...maybe 8ish...if 7 is a real pain up, maybe we'll ride it "down"? I have no interest in hike a bike, but if it is rideable by me, I'm in...I actually have no interest in 3A up; I have nothing to prove- I've done it a few times and really don't enjoy it on my DRZ (or my DR or the KLR)...it was just an exercise in humility and perseverence...Ranger is challenging but fun...same with 5...I will assume 7 is in the same category?

I'd rate 7 quite few notches above Ranger which I didn't think was very tuff going either way. 7 going down is a fun challenge, haven't gone up all the way yet but its like 3A if you have to compare except narrow

I'd rate 7 quite few notches above Ranger which I didn't think was very tuff going either way. 7 going down is a fun challenge, haven't gone up all the way yet but its like 3A if you have to compare

Well- I don't care to ride that "up" then

I have no interest in hike a bike

its more of a flog and flop.

I have only gone down it. its like 3a, it can be done but your level of enjoyment may vary.

I have gone up 7 a few times and I think it is a bit tougher than 3a. Honestly I didn't think 3a was all that hard once I got the line figured out. That was on the 250 2 smoker that bike feels like a mountain bike compared to my 450. Monday I will be on the 450. I will ride whatever just nice riding out there during the week.

I am a maybe for Monday.

This not having to work thing is pretty awesome...except for the not getting paid thing.

How does 7-noonish sound? I have some stuff going on in the afternoon.

I'm in for 8am Monday at Corral. I assume you are you parking at Corral Campground on Monday. Didn't see it mentioned.

I'm in for 8am Monday at Corral. I assume you are you parking at Corral Campground on Monday. Didn't see it mentioned.

sure... that will work!

im 90% sure i will be there for this. ive been dying to do a weekday ride! hope to see you all there tomorrow morning.

nevermind....was just moving bikes around in the garage and managed to do the domino effect with 2 of them. just snapped the brake lever!! barely enough for 1 finger to grab. most shops are closed til tomorrow. just my luck. maybe next time.

sure... that will work!

This is sounding good

I am going to have to back out of this one. I have broken bike syndrome. :dead::angry2:

At the actual (lower) campground or 4 corners...?

Yes, the lower campground is Corral Canyon Campground.

Ok- I'm still in for this one...rode with the kids today; rode all the easy trails and a lot of fire road. The 11 year old puckered a bit on the step-down on trail 1, dug a hole trying to get up a step, and ended up in a bike-sucking rut on the fire road

LOTS of cool animals today- quayle, buzzards, BIG snakes, turkey- it was cool...

Broken bike people- what do you need? I have lots of parts, including levers that are not yet broken (japanese bikes)...I'd be glad to donate to the cause

Otherwise, I'll see whomever out at the lower (corral) campground at 8ish...

Sorry for the late notice- (hope somebody sees this)- I woke up (bike already loaded) feeling crappy- not going to make it- I hope at least two of you show up-

Again- sorry

I got the BS disease. MCTrails & Bill.....have fun!

That probably didn't come out exactly as intended-

completely missing the double meaning if there is one.

I'm not riding cuz I feel sorta crappy too. Wishing the other two (or whomever) riders a good time.