Czechsix

So is the 60csx still the choice for stand alone?

After that last ride, I'm going to have to find a new mountable GPS. Even after all these years, I still see lots of good reviews on the 60csx, so I'm wondering if there's anything else that's so much better that I shouldn't pull the trigger on a 60csx?

Basic requirements are has to be 12v capable, has to be able to accept Topo, has to have decent storage, sunlight viewable, d/l and u/l map data, waterproof or resistant, easy button manipulation while wearing gloves.

If anyone's got a used one you're tired of, I'd be up for that too.....

I really like mine......and I can recommend (as others have) the RAM mount...I used the garmin handlebar mount for a couple of years...but the cradle is plastic and I went through a couple of those at $20 each before getting the RAM set up....much sturdier....I also got the wiring set up to go right into the battery...and just need to get an inline fuse and have a smart electrical person wire it for me.....Hoss314 helped me order the right stuff and knows the wiring....if you need specifics he could help ya...(thanks Hoss)...

I still think so.. I also second the RAM mount.

Personally i think the 76 is better. Ram mount is way better and it is more durable in my opinion. Take it with a grain as everyone has there favorite.

I'll look at the 76 also, then. Definitely going to be a Ram mount, already have a couple of them on there, just need the right adaptor. Thanks for the replies folks, now I need to see where they're on sale, or find a decent used one.

All info is listed here

Only problem is the 60CSX is now $219 instead of $199.....76 is the same price though.

You could be a wheeler and dealer such as I would and call them. Give them a hard sale to cut you a package deal.

Sigh....76cx at West Marine, 179 smackers on sale. I've gotta go look at a 60 first though. 179 isn't a bad price I'm thinking.

And after all that....looks like I'm going with the Delorme.

I have a PN-40 that I'm about to throw on eBay if you are interested......

I have a PN-40 that I'm about to throw on eBay if you are interested......

I'll shoot you a PM, let's talk