Papa Smurf

found a cheap place for KTM parts

I usually shop online for my KTM 625SXC parts. I have used KTM World because they usually are the cheapest. But I just found this place http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/default.asp They are the cheapest I have found anywhere. I have to replace the starter clutch parts on my bike and this place is the cheapest buy a good margin. I have called and talked to dealers in Orange County in the past, and they all charge retail.

I usually shop online for my KTM 625SXC parts. I have used KTM World because they usually are the cheapest. But I just found this place http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/default.asp They are the cheapest I have found anywhere. I have to replace the starter clutch parts on my bike and this place is the cheapest buy a good margin. I have called and talked to dealers in Orange County in the past, and they all charge retail.

I just checked prices on a couple of things I need. Definitely cheaper than I have found before. Thanks for the tip.

Why not support the local shops who support SDAR ?

We have various dealers who give minimum 12% off, some are cost plus 35%.....I'm sure that's as good as your internet prices, and you're supporting LOCAL business with personal service !

These discounts are for SDAR Supporting members...in the Members Only Forums.

I frequently use All American KTM even though I don't drink the Orange kool-aid. RJ has beat many on-line quotes and gets parts in quickly. Great service and I'm happy to support a local business!

Because they don't have the parts. GP is moments away from my home (yes, moments less than five) but don't have the parts I need. Simple stuff, last time it was a set of brake disk bolts they didn't have. Even Rocket used to carry the small stuff. Obviously they can order them, and I appreciate that. But I can order them, too, and probably get them even faster with a better discount.

I really, really WANT to support local shops. I'm willing to sacrifice my generous KTMTalk Lifetime Member discount to do so. But if they don't have the part, what am I going to do?

I live in Orange county and the KTM places here are over priced and lousy attitudes. I sure ain't driving to San Diego to spend more money than I would on line.

Because they don't have the parts. GP is moments away from my home (yes, moments less than five) but don't have the parts I need. Simple stuff, last time it was a set of brake disk bolts they didn't have. Even Rocket used to carry the small stuff. Obviously they can order them, and I appreciate that. But I can order them, too, and probably get them even faster with a better discount.

I really, really WANT to support local shops. I'm willing to sacrifice my generous KTMTalk Lifetime Member discount to do so. But if they don't have the part, what am I going to do?

I agree with this... and I mention SDAR every time I go in to a local dealer/parts place/mechanic; I really want these relationships to be mutually benefitial... but if I stop in to the shop to get a doo-hickey, and they say they can order one for two day delivery; even if the price is EVEN, it still makes me make an extra trip. I live in the sticks, and have funky work hours, and sometimes I just order on-line. Plus I have a M-F work delivery address, so don't have any worries about my stuff being taken (which can be a problem where I live)

I ride Jap Crap (is that the right expression?)so have never been in the new GP (used to go in there to drool over all the bikes at the old location)... MotoWorld has a pretty good selection of parts (including KTM Paul)

But motoworld is in El Cajon. Might as well be Alpine : )

I like AAKTM, but it's Ramona. That's a 90 minute round trip at $4.xx per gallon.

If the shops aren't carrying what you need, tell them ! They want to know how to keep our business....trust me, they've all told me this.

we MAY have some real clout... it might not be totally obvious to a shop that the SDAR forum has any influence, unless we tell them "I heard about you on SDAR"...

I think we have some clout......don't think we'd be getting all the discounts from different shops, if we didn't have clout.

Woops......Bob, somehow edited and deleted part of your post by accident.

If the shops aren't carrying what you need, tell them ! They want to know how to keep our business....trust me, they've all told me this.

Not only did that, I provided a detailed list of A level KTM RFS parts.

Paul, I will bring this to their attention. They have a new guy in parts with 20+ years experience, who is a go-getter. I'll tell Paul about this.

Paul, I will bring this to their attention. They have a new guy in parts with 20+ years experience, who is a go-getter. I'll tell Paul about this.

Well, in all fairness, they make more money on selling bikes and servicing late model bikes. Selling parts for 8 year old bikes is probably not profitable.

Well, in all fairness, they make more money on selling bikes and servicing late model bikes. Selling parts for 8 year old bikes is probably not profitable.

I'll counter that... if I keep going in to the same dealer, with all these pretty NEW bikes, to buy parts over and over for my old DRZ, where am I most likely to buy a new bike?

If my bike first blows up an engine... then trashes a rear sprocket (I'm speaking theoretically here)... then needs new bolts... at some point, I will maybe question the overall integrity of the bike, and will lean towards a purchase at my neighborhood shop that always goes out of their way to get me the parts I needed, and I will try to maintain that relationship

that's how relationships work- win-win... I'm not speaking of my personal relationships mind you <_<

Yeah, I agree with you- but not everybody else does. It's not, in some people's minds, worth the hassle of keeping an inventory of old parts.

Yeah, I agree with you- but not everybody else does. It's not, in some people's minds, worth the hassle of keeping an inventory of old parts.

Try buying parts for a 30 year old Honda at a Honda dealer. The last time I tried the guy behind the counter just look at me and laughed, He then said said the bike was made before he was born. I replied that at least the bike was better designed than he was. :coolio:

I guess I wasn't in a very good mood that day.

He then said said the bike was made before he was born. I replied that at least the bike was better designed than he was. :coolio:

I guess I wasn't in a very good mood that day.

Maybe so, but you were right. :torch:

Same issue with my 2004 KTM 625SXC, no one stocks parts for them. I don't really blame them, it was not a huge seller in the US and it is 7 years old. I really don't want to drive someplace, order it and go back and pick it up. The dealer near me is great, but is a Yammie dealer, so I get my oil, filters, gloves and other items from them. I am also tired of going into a KTM places that say "525 EXC?" when I tell them I have a a "625 SXC"

I'll tell you what irks me- when I need a part for an rfs motor, and they insist on using the year/model lookup.

Really? For drainplug washers?