Boston Mangler

I am Now A Garmin Dealer!

Hey Guys

This isnt a "solicitaion" per sey, but my friend and i have been busy as hell starting up a 4x4 outfitting company based in San Diego.

We wont be quitting our day gigs, but will end up doing them and this full time, going to make for a busy schedule!

Most of our stuff is 4x4 based, but we are also carrying most of the Garmin line as well, and a few select Lowrance models.

Feel free to email me at: speicher@san.rr.com for info and such if your interested

We will also be offering classes to folks new to the GPS world.

Our main strength is customer service, so please feel free to email me with any questions you may have regarding the units or their software.

Thanks

COOL, and Congratulations! :rolleyes:

Will you have a shop? What part of town? I would love to take a class to help me understand everthing I don't know about my Garmin Rinos. How much for a new 520 (the color screen is soooo cool, PM me if you can)? I may also be looking to spruce-up the '74 Bronco. Can you tell that I'm excited for you Kevin?

Good luck!

by 4x4 outfitting company... do you mean like "tires, suspension packages, diamond plate", or like you lead 4x4 tours and trips on the Rincon Trail and such.

Being out in Alpine, the people that don't rides bikes, tend to ride quads/buggies/jeeps, so if I can send folks your way, I will

I am very interested in getting a gps,dont know a thing about them except for the stock one in my truck, i need 1 for my KTM, guidance on buying which one and $ would be helpful.

COOL, and Congratulations! :rolleyes:

Will you have a shop?

The "Shop" will come in Phase 2 :lol:

What part of town?

Clairemont, right off of the 52 on Genesee

How much for a new 520 (the color screen is soooo cool, PM me if you can)?

PM Sent

I may also be looking to spruce-up the '74 Bronco.

Most Cool! I built a 71 for my cousin! Very nice rig!

Can you tell that I'm excited for you Kevin?

Thanks man! Me too! :D

by 4x4 outfitting company... do you mean like "tires, suspension packages, diamond plate", or like you lead 4x4 tours and trips on the Rincon Trail and such.

Yes and No. We are going to be catering to a pretty specific group. Mainly people that are into long range self sufficient travel. We are going to sell suspension, vehicle fridges, roof top tents, GPS units, sat phones, safety gear, etc....

We wont be a tour company "persey" but we will be leading friends and customers into Baja on occasion! :lol:

We are NOT going to get into tires and such, too my time and space required.

Being out in Alpine, the people that don't rides bikes, tend to ride quads/buggies/jeeps, so if I can send folks your way, I will

Thanks, but i dont know what we can offer them! :rolleyes:

I am very interested in getting a gps,dont know a thing about them except for the stock one in my truck, i need 1 for my KTM, guidance on buying which one and $ would be helpful.

What do you want out of it and what is your price range?

There is also the personal preference factor.

Some folks love their color screens some hate them!

Personally, i think the older and cheaper non color screens are MUCH easier on the eyes, dont drain the batteries as much, and are also a lot easier to see in the Sunlight, especiailly when there is dust on them!

The problem is that they dont make a unit that has the non color screen with expandable memory, its a catch 22

If i were in your situtation, i would go for the eTrex Vista, but that is my opinion. You might want a color screen, you might not.

The new CX Line (Legend, Venture, and Vista) are all great units and have expandable memory and color screens and will all fit perfectly on a set of handlebars

I ride like a fool and crash a lot so my cheapy unit does great! :rolleyes:

Shoot me an email if ya got any other questions: speicher "at" san.rr.com