Uncle Champ

Insurance recommendations

A little advice please fellow riders,I got my renewal notice on the 450x and it seemed high, I called my agent and said "hey since liability costs this much how much for full coverage? ",obviously I did like the answer. I have a CLEAN record, school bus driver clean, I walk to work so LOW mileage and my bike is old. It isn't all about price and I don't want jacked around at renewal time and I do want a real person to work with if there should ever be a claim.

What do you all suggest?

Anybody in the club do insurance?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I've been a State Farm customer for over 20 years, and had my first claim- the theft about 6 weeks ago. They paid 100% of what I asked, without any argument.

I now have all 4 vehicles and our home with them. Plus an umbrella policy.

I use State Farm for all my insurance. I pay about $175.00 every 6 months for full coverage on my KTM 625SXC. I do not remember all the details, but my car and bike are insured to the hilt. My truck, just liability. They go by cc's of the bike, so yours should be less. I have been with these guys for 20 years, with multiple houses and at least a dozen cars over the years with no claims.

When I shopped for insurance I got quotes from just about everybody. What I found was that Geico was about half the rate of everybody and about a third of Progressive. I remember Progressive because I used to be a customer, but when they told me that "if I can find a better rate elsewhere you should take it", I did.

My vote is for state farm as well no questions asked hands down. 20 plus years and all my stuff is with them, umbrella policy and life insurance. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences every single time i have needed them.

I have progressive and pay about $600/year TOTAL for all 3 bikes - haven't had a claim so can't say how good they'll be in that department But pretty painless for signing up on line payments quarterly, etc.......it actually cost almost the same for 3 bikes as for 2......multi bike discount.....Full coverage, but I do carry a higher deductible, I think $500....rather not pay out so much each month...

I have progressive and pay about $600/year TOTAL for all 3 bikes -

Sorry to use you as an example Deb but with Geico I pay $240ish/yr for two(2) bikes. The Ape is everything covered, even roadside assistance/recovery, Suzook has less coverage but not nearly enough less to be that much less $ than Progressive.

I got quotes from everyone, too. After going over the numbers, and who took care of what - Markel takes care of both of my bikes.

When the 07 R12R "faw down go boom" they totaled it and paid off with enough left over to get the DRZ and down payment on replacement R12R.

I'm also shopping around for new insurance on our bikes. Progressive gave me a way lower quote than Geico. I'm leaving 21st Century because they have changed hands and have become a bit of a pain. Their website is not user-friendly and now they're telling me that because Mike and I have separate registrations on our bikes that they will need to do separate policies. Why? We don't have to do that with our cars. The answer was: That's just the way it is. Thanks for asking about insurance Uncle Champ, I'm going to go check out State Farm now.

State Farm is who I have always been with, although I noticed that my car insurance just went up on my Jeep. No tickets or accidents or other claims (besides a windshield for my truck) for many years, so I don't know what's up with that. My two small bikes (200cc and 300cc) cost about 36 dollars a year for liability, while the two larger ones (450cc and 550cc) are about double that.

Thank You everyone , how strange I wasn't going to name names but State Farm is my current insurance carrier and they are charging me $105. for liability for 6 months. Geico is half for full coverage. I will pursue further now that I have more info.

Thanks.

Yep, I also look for price (mainly) when insurance shopping. GEICO is usually the one I go with. Been with them on and off since 1987 but have left when their rates increased. Right now I have full coverage on my road bike and only $80 a year extra to add my 110GS (liability). They've been reasonable with me for claims over he years.

Still, in this economy, I will go with another insurer for price or service at the drop of a hat. So much for brand loyalty.

Thank You everyone , how strange I wasn't going to name names but State Farm is my current insurance carrier and they are charging me $105. for liability for 6 months.

I have six vehicles covered with them, so maybe I am getting a multi-vehicle discount. :unsure:

I had State Farm for over 20 years....no claims. My neighbor totaled by buggy which I had luckily insured 3 days before we went out. They gave me enough for a replacement, no problems at all.

My wife has had Allstate for years. They beat State Farm (comparing apples to apples) in price and have had great service. Unfortunately, I've had my truck in and Laura just got the car back yesterday from someone running into her.

We're also insured to the hilt...especially with the pool being in there. The only thing I still have with State Farm is Laura's ring. Allstate couldn't beat the price....even as a rider on the homeowners.

For what it's worth, when I was working the wildfires, and saw the response in the neighborhoods, people actually made a point of saying how responsive State Farm was.

I went with Geico after I wasn't satisfied with AAA. I went with liability only and it was $75 per year for all 3 of my bikes, after I sold 2 of them it is still $75 per year, but I was glad that they didn't add a bunch for each bike like AAA did. The reason I went with liability only is that I figure if I total my bike, the replacement cost will be the least of my worries.

State Farm here too... for EVERYTHING.

... my pops just saved $1000/yr by leaving State Farm and going to CostCo's insurance called Ameriprise

All this talk is making me think that it's time to do some snooping around, since I have so many vehicles and some of my State Farm insurance premiums have been going up recently.

Former military? Government empployee?

USAA - it is a Progressive policy, but seriously reduced. I pay about $700 a year for my 2008 Truck, 2009 BMW, 2009 WR450, 2009 Fz1, 2005 DRZ, and 2005 600rr. I have full coverage on all except the 600rr. My driving record is about as clean as the bathroom floor in a whorehouse.

Former military? Government empployee?

USAA - it is a Progressive policy, but seriously reduced. I pay about $700 a year for my 2008 Truck, 2009 BMW, 2009 WR450, 2009 Fz1, 2005 DRZ, and 2005 600rr. I have full coverage on all except the 600rr. My driving record is about as clean as the bathroom floor in a whorehouse.

What were you doing inspecting the cleanliness of a bathroom floor in a whorehouse? And does your fiancé know about this?

When buying liability insurance get the high limits for bodily injury with uninsured motorist. If someone with low or no coverage hits you then your insurance should pay your medical. This could happen even out on the trail.

I have State Farm for everything, including Laurie's ridiculously expensive ring... But, I have noticed my rates going up, even with no claims, and no messes on my bathroom floor.. OK... not entirely true... I got a speeding ticket 3 years ago

But; I'll be shopping around too... with 5 vehicles, renters, and the ring, I feel like I pay a lot every time I turn around

USAA has been good to me. I totaled my truck offroad (entirely my fault) a few years ago and they gave me more than it was worth and more than I paid for it.

I had progressive and premium virtually doubled over 2 years with no claims or tickets so I looked around last year and went with Geico which lot cheaper, also insured my van with them and got multi vehicle discount.

car..wawanesa, no question...for us, like 50% of any other choice.

B)..bike different company tho...reading this thread for that info...esp after paul's deal happened.

State Farm for 20+ years, 3 Bikes, 1 RV, 4 Cars & Homeownwers. They have taken care of me for along time with many different issues and give many discounts.

They work for me! :ph34r:

My agent, State Farm