KTMrad

SDAR Forums May Be Monitored by Anti-OHV Groups

I know for a fact, that BLM and other land agencies such as Anza Borrego State Park monitor our forums, as well as other dualsport and dirt riding forums.

Anti-motorized groups (environmental groups) may also monitor our posts, to try to gain ammunition against us.

Therefore, EVERYONE here please abide by the Forum Terms & Rules....which state the following....

You agree not to post anything about riding in illegal or closed areas, not obeying posted rules or signs in areas, going the wrong way on posted one-way trails, etc. You shall not post descriptions or locations of such riding.

SDAR does not endorse illegal riding or riding in closed areas or any of the riding mentioned above. SDAR promotes responsible, safe riding and endorses the "TREAD LIGHTLY" Philosophy of riding.

Remember, We Are Stewards of the Lands We Ride On and Use, and of the dualsport image !

Please treat our public lands and riding areas with respect, follow and obey posted signs and rules, and know what the rules are for areas you ride in !

Thanks !

I can tell you for a fact %100 your site and others are being watched.

Reports are copied and filed away for use later.

As a person who has been locked into this NO FISHING campain for years and years, its only a matter of time.

The only thing that will be able to RIDE THE TRAILS, is a HORSE and DONKEY.

"WE" need to write letters and voice your opinon, if you think sending money to this group or that to fight this fight is working,, YOUR DEAD WRONG,,,

If you want to see who and whats really going on, FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL..

I can tell you for a fact %100 your site and others are being watched.

Reports are copied and filed away for use later.

As a person who has been locked into this NO FISHING campain for years and years, its only a matter of time.

The only thing that will be able to RIDE THE TRAILS, is a HORSE and DONKEY.

"WE" need to write letters and voice your opinon, if you think sending money to this group or that to fight this fight is working,, YOUR DEAD WRONG,,,

If you want to see who and whats really going on, FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL..

Getting people to write letters, attend meetings, etc. is like pulling teeth. It's a very SAD fact.

Judging by the amount of views of certain posts vs. views of important posts in the environmental/land use section, you can see what's more important for most people....it's the entertaining posts.

I am trying to think about the psychology of this....that the people who don't want us to ride anywhere, want it more than we want to ride???? I mean they are bent on stopping us. It's all consuming for them, almost as though there is nothing else in life for them. For instance, there is a page on Facebook called Idiot Ridge Fantasy Motocross Park put up by a woman from Oregon that goes by the name of Susan Hanson. This woman has DEDICATED her life to "exposing" how stupid the sport of motocross and it's riders are. She wouldn't be able to rest until every riding park in the world was closed down. It's hard to believe that there are people that are such hateful nutjobs that they would stoop so low.

:torch: C'mon folks, tar and feathers for everybody. Let's go!

It's hard to believe that there are people that are such hateful nutjobs that they would stoop so low. :torch: C'mon folks, tar and feathers for everybody. Let's go!

At the risk of getting myself kicked off the board (and this isn't directed at Mimi or anyone in particular), because I know I'm in the minority in this view..... :torch:

I think all you need to do go over to the D38 boards (or even around here some, but to a much less degree) and you will find just as much hate and ignorance to the Federal/State and local governments (primarily directed at BLM) when it comes to government policy on access to public lands. When people are focused on a singular interested, you get the exact same reactions, only on the other side of the coin. We all have our own self interest at heart, and to call the other side a nutjob because they have their own self interest at heart...... :grrr:

I'm all for riding and open access. But it is how you paint the fight. Are we all just haters and nutjobs no matter where we fall?

Now, to go put up my flame retardant jacket, leave town for six days with no computer access, and ride Primm and Bar10!! It will be interesting to see the response to this thread when I get back. :unsure:

Are we all just haters and nutjobs no matter where we fall?

No comparison to Susan Hanson. We are girl scouts. No wait, we are conservationists. I am, anyway. I believe that all land can be used thoughtfully by different groups of people, and that motorcycle racers should have sports complexes to practice, compete, spectate and otherwise pursue their passions. What outdoor passions do most of these environmentalists have? Beyond a bit of hiking, probably nothing. But I don't believe that somebody should tell me that I can't enjoy any land because I want to do something other than walk.

It's hard to believe that there are people that are such hateful nutjobs that they would stoop so low. :torch: C'mon folks, tar and feathers for everybody. Let's go!

At the risk of getting myself kicked off the board (and this isn't directed at Mimi or anyone in particular), because I know I'm in the minority in this view..... :torch:

I think all you need to do go over to the D38 boards (or even around here some, but to a much less degree) and you will find just as much hate and ignorance to the Federal/State and local governments (primarily directed at BLM) when it comes to government policy on access to public lands. When people are focused on a singular interested, you get the exact same reactions, only on the other side of the coin. We all have our own self interest at heart, and to call the other side a nutjob because they have their own self interest at heart...... :grrr:

I'm all for riding and open access. But it is how you paint the fight. Are we all just haters and nutjobs no matter where we fall?

Now, to go put up my flame retardant jacket, leave town for six days with no computer access, and ride Primm and Bar10!! It will be interesting to see the response to this thread when I get back. :unsure:

I will counter that "we" don't have a "singular interest"... anti-use people often DO have a singular interest; I will go so far as to say, their motives are generally noble- to save a place for nature... it is the WAY they do it that so often infuriates me. Pseudo-science, lawsuits, and fabrications

I think, to a person, SDAR riders see the need for wilderness... REAL wilderness... no fire roads, bike paths or even hiking

but when people take vast tracts of land that have been used as riding areas since the pneumatic tire, and call them Wilderness Areas; THAT is to serve their agenda... no use of nature except the way THEY want to do it...

and I have been a member of Sierra Club, and I shop at REI... trust me; these people are no more enviro-friendly than most of us here at SDAR. They drive their Prius and wear birkenstocks and think their way is the ONLY way, without any idea what it does to nature to make and dispose of a Prius. They think chain oil from a montain bike crossing a stream is going to kill all the fish downstream... they REALLY believe that! MOST of them sign petitions, and attend council meetings because it makes them FEEL like they're doing something noble, and the reality is they have no clue about these areas. One long weekend at Corral or Lark Canyon will show you how well dirtbikes and nature can co-exist... their agenda does not believe this.

I know this is not a rant page but if this is watched by the powers that be I would like to know how it is justified that people that can't hike long distances , like me, and are allergic to horses , like me, are basically denied access to all those places that don't allow motorized access, even on a mini trailbike.

Sign me , P.O.d and locked out.

" think, to a person, SDAR riders see the need for wilderness... REAL wilderness... no fire roads, bike paths or even hiking" BS

Don't believe that is true. Personally, I do agree with that statement, but off-subject.

Extremism in any form is double trouble. "Moderation in all things"

So, yes we have a right to Riding Space,,,or Practice/ Competition Space. And it is healthy to have Wilderness.

Jim, I'll ride with you on your return.