zancat

Real time Ocotillo Wells weather

That is a neat gizmo

This is the back end of www.WunderGround.com (Weather Underground) I like the interface of this much better, it is bare bones. However, W.U. you can get access by searching city names, etc.

One of classes was meteorology (I thought it would be an easy Lab credit) and since have wanted to be involved in a program such as this. Surely I could mount a weather station to the GSA....

Don't Laugh!

My guys recently developed a fully operational weather station for deployed sensors that is smaller that a coffee cup and in conjunction with the data transmitter (basically WiMax technology) the power draw is well under 12v.

How cool would that be to have? Especially if we could compress the data enough to ride on L-band or K-band satellite, that is the same transmission line your SPOT uses....

Thats pretty cool.... wish I was out there riding right now...instead of sitting inside with the pouring rain in poway ...I hate the rain... :( .can't help it...my New England Upbringing...had enough weather the first half of my life to last forever !!!!!

That is a neat gizmo

This is the back end of www.WunderGround.com (Weather Underground) I like the interface of this much better, it is bare bones. However, W.U. you can get access by searching city names, etc.

One of classes was meteorology (I thought it would be an easy Lab credit) and since have wanted to be involved in a program such as this. Surely I could mount a weather station to the GSA....

Don't Laugh!

My guys recently developed a fully operational weather station for deployed sensors that is smaller that a coffee cup and in conjunction with the data transmitter (basically WiMax technology) the power draw is well under 12v.

How cool would that be to have? Especially if we could compress the data enough to ride on L-band or K-band satellite, that is the same transmission line your SPOT uses....

Not sure if WU uses this data or not, It is my brother's personal weather station mounted on his trailer in the trailer park. NWS does use it though, so if you ever see high in the nation Ocotillo Wells CA, that's space 6 in Desert Ironwoods. LOL

He sends the data via HAM to a repeater on Palomar and from there I don't know how Find U gets it on the net or who all uses it....