Crawdaddy

CORE to become AMA D37 Promoter

Attending AMA D37 Dualsport Committee meeting in Pasadena tonight on behalf of SDAR/DualSportMoto/CORE.........the committee has offered to help me get CORE set up as a formal AMA event promoter under the AMA umbrella (GPS training/rides).......still working on setting up a Crawdad Racing/CORE Website and event/ride schedule in 2011

Only ride set up thus far is the Primm/Bar 10 ride.....we have ~25 or so confirmed for that ride so far (capping it at 50).......have you signed up yet?

Way to go Chris....You've always done an amazing job organizing and putting great rides together.......they should be glad to have you on board..

It was a fun meeting and good to put faces with some of the names I've seen around for a while. One HELL of a drive up there though, Just over 2 hours each way.

Was interesting to hear all of the things going on with D37like land use, promoters, rides, calendar events, newsletter, etc. I guess somehow I volunteered myself to work the LAB2V next year which should be a lot of fun. :)

Great news Chris.. I know I am looking forward to the CORE events this year.

Got home at 2am and up for work at 5:30.......but it was worth it......I now have a better understanding of what will be required for Crawdad Off-Road Events (CORE) to become AMA sanctioned and I'll be making that investment/heading down that road in the coming months......

The D37 Dualsport Ride Calendar is currently full in 2011 so it's unlikely that I'll run any D37/AMA sanctioned rides until calendar year 2012......I'm targeting the "CORE Laughlin 250" for March of 2012 (if I can slide into their 2012 Calendar).......Laughlin has some great riding, I just rode ~1,000 miles over there during the Thanksgiving holidays and I have some "good stuff" up my sleeve. And, to the best of my knowledge, no other AMA promoters (certainly no D37/D38 promoters) are currently hitting that area so it's fair game since I wouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes by establishing a new/AMA sanctioned ride in that area......

CORE "AMA Sanctioned" ride(s) will be promoted on D37 via the D37 Dualsport Ride Calendar and with flyers in appropriately timed D37 Newsletters in addition to DSM/CORE (to reach out beyond the San Diego area), CORE mail list, and/or the CORE Facebook page...

I envision the "CORE Laughlin 250" as a 2 day/AMA sanctioned ride in Laughlin Area - Target audience for that formal/sanctioned ride is 100+ riders not to exceed 250 riders......I don't envision taking on more than one AMA sanctioned ride/year in the short term....there's a lot of time/effort/$$ involved.......which is why many AMA sanctioned clubs/promoters just have one AMA sanctioned ride/year (Desert Dash, the Big Bear Run, LA-B-V, etc.)

Informal CORE rides/tours will continue be held throughout the calendar year(s) as usual......informal CORE rides will be small/boutique tours......They will be promoted via the DSM/CORE websites (to reach out beyond the San Diego area), CORE mail list, and/or the CORE Facebook page.)

2 day Ridgecrest Tour (Randsburg/Ballarat)

2 day X-Plane Tour (Barstow)

2 day Primm Tour (Red Rock/Mojave Road)

3 day Bar 10 Tour (Bar 10/Toroweap)

2 day Mammoth Tour(Mammoth/Bishop/Bodie)

2 day Mojave Road Tour (Barstow/AVI and/or Laughlin)

2 day Bass Lake Tour

1 day local San Diego tours

Other?

See ya on the trail(s)

Chris, way to go. Good to have another D37 promoter, like yourself joining the ranks !

Now, to get D38 to promote some dual-sport rides...

There is no recognized District 38, only with racing. D37 AMA Dualsport is a huge effort that's been around for years. Don't know what it would take to have a D38 Dualsport.....but I'll check into it !

There is no recognized District 38.....Don't know what it would take to have a D38 Dualsport.....

I know....which is just nutty :wacko: .......it would be nice to participate with BOTH D37/D38......told the D37 guys we'd (meaning you and me) look into chatting up D38 honchos to see about setting up a D38 Dualsport Committee, Calendar, blah, blah, blah......but if we only have 2 promoters/2 rides it's hardly worth the effort.......figured we'd bend Tree's ear a bit since he's got D38 connections.....

but if we only have 2 promoters/2 rides it's hardly worth the effort.......figured we'd bend Tree's ear a bit since he's got D38 connections.....

I'd like SDAR to put on 2 more rides a year, probably just single day rides.......a Mt. Laguna, Corral Canyon Ride, and a Warner Springs to Anza to Idyllwild back to Warner Springs ride....something to that affect. Always open to other suggestions also.

Have to start planning after the Desert Dash.

but if we only have 2 promoters/2 rides it's hardly worth the effort.......figured we'd bend Tree's ear a bit since he's got D38 connections.....

I'd like SDAR to put on 2 more rides a year, probably just single day rides.......a Mt. Laguna, Corral Canyon Ride, and a Warner Springs to Anza to Idyllwild back to Warner Springs ride....something to that affect. Always open to other suggestions also.

Have to start planning after the Desert Dash.

I'll likely host some informal/small one day club rides locally along with fundamental GPS training.......if you go formal/AMA sanctioned/T-Shirts/etc., etc. and you're only offering 1 day you'll definitely need to draw from the local D38 crowd.......too far of a drive for many of the D37 folks to come down for one day......

if you go formal/AMA sanctioned/T-Shirts/etc., etc. and you're only offering 1 day you'll definitely need to draw from the local D38 crowd.......too far of a drive for many of the D37 folks to come down for one day......

I don't know about that....first Desert Dash was one day and we had 55 riders. Also, some of the D37 rides are just one day and people from down south go to them....people will go if it's a good ride.

Or, maybe we'll figure out a way to make it a 2 day ride. We'll see.

Now, to get D38 to promote some dual-sport rides...

There is no recognized District 38, only with racing. ......

And pretty soon they may not even have that. Seems there are many hurdles to overcome after the Johnson Valley incident.

I want to publicly thank Paul/Roger for helping me turn a vision into reality/art........check out the CORE Logo :coolio:

core-logo-final.jpg

Hope to have website released next week.......

Is that a trials tire? :lol:

Hell yes it is ;)

I REALLY must try one of these and see what the Trials Tires are all about...(.when spring comes and Big Bear Fun starts again!!!)

Chris I work with IMS in El Cajon to get decals for my company vehicles quite often, I want a CORE sticker ( and a new SDAR ) sticker for my bike, do you want me to call Marshall-IMS and see how much?

I'm not trying to step on toes but that logo is just to cool to not see daylight at the dash.

Reminds me of STP stickers when I was a kid 'opps thats another thread.

Unc C

Chris I work with IMS in El Cajon to get decals for my company vehicles quite often, I want a CORE sticker ( and a new SDAR ) sticker for my bike, do you want me to call Marshall-IMS and see how much?

I'm not trying to step on toes but that logo is just to cool to not see daylight at the dash.

Reminds me of STP stickers when I was a kid 'opps thats another thread.

Uncspeo C

Paul and Roger did a bang up job on the Logo and I do plan on making stickers/shirts/etc......but, sadly, I think I'm going to need to abandon the use of "CrawadRacing" as a domain address for CORE...... I think "Racing" is just going to cause too many problems with authorities (AMA, BLM, National Park Service, private property owners,Counties, Cities, etc.).........I don't want to freak anyone out with "racing".......I'm all about low impact/access.......not alienation

"WE" at SDAR all know it's a long standing joke about an old/fat/slow guy, but any third party wouldn't see it that way (initially) and I don't want to have to continually explain the true meaning.......I'll keep the "CrawdadRacing" domain name that I've owned for a while, but I'll probably use "Crawdadoffroadevents.com" as a primary web address/domain for CORE.......which means the Logo will also need to change to reflect the proper web address on the side wall of the tire.....

Paul and Roger did a bang up job on the Logo and I do plan on making stickers/shirts/etc......but, sadly, I think I'm going to need to abandon the use of "CrawadRacing" as a domain address for CORE...... I think "Racing" is just going to cause too many problems with authorities (AMA, BLM, National Park Service, private property owners,Counties, Cities, etc.).........I don't want to freak anyone out with "racing".......I'm all about low impact/access.......not alienation

"WE" at SDAR all know it's a long standing joke about an old/fat/slow guy, but any third party wouldn't see it that way (initially) and I don't want to have to continually explain the true meaning.......I'll keep the "CrawdadRacing" domain name that I've owned for a while, but I'll probably use "Crawdadoffroadevents.com" as a primary web address/domain for CORE.......which means the Logo will also need to change to reflect the proper web address.....

Done

core-logo-final20.jpg