Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Anxious to see my son........

Taking the WR250R on a ADV spin tomorrow morning :coolio: ........riding a mix of off-road/on-road between Ramona and Brawley.......which fits the mission statement of the WR250R nicely.......I bought the bike with long/mixed terrain rides like this in mind.... :smile_anim:

Jarrett left Altus Air Force Base in Altus, OK. this morning.......put him up in a motel in Flagstaff tonight.......long day of driving for the boy........we'll load the WR250R up in his truck in Brawley then drive back together.......figured it would be nice to get some one on one time with him before we surprise the rest of the family with his unannounced arrival tomorrow night :friends: (sssssssshhhhhhhhhhm it's a secret :rolleyes::lol: .........last time we saw him was when he graduated from basic in February).......he'll be here for a couple of weeks then he has to drive to Scott Air Force base just outside of St. Louis in mid Oct.....that'll be his home for the next 3 years (minimum) but they already told him his refueling squadron is scheduled to be deployed to the greater Trashcanistan territories in Jan. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Udeid_Air_Base, Qatar)

Headed out this morning around 8am to go meet Jarrett in Brawley (he left Flagstaff around 6:30am in his truck)......I headed out of Ramona as if I was going to The Hideout via 7th St, Pamo, Santa Isabel TT, Black Canyon…….once over to 76 I took tat up to 79/S2/S22 where I hoped off onto the western end of Grapevine Canyon.......down to Jasper TT……..very nice out there this morning.......snapped a pic along Jasper TT

Jasper.jpg

Jasper to Culp Valley TT and Culp down to S22 which would drop me down to the valley floor in Borrego Springs….

Pic at S22 (Montezuma Grade) viewpoint:

S22Viewpoint.jpg

Stopped off at the taco shop in Christmas Circle for a breakfast burrito:

Breakfast.jpg

Then I headed across S3 until I found the dirt trail that leads the traveler through the various Copper Sculptures......(Rad - we might want to consider routing folks through this area on the Desert Dash this year rather than along the pavement by the airport......something different/new and the sculptures are pretty cool....... once you get out across the dry lakebed you dove tail into San Felipe Wash just the same as if you rode out to the dump along S22)

A few pics of some of the copper sculptures.......parked the WR250R in a few just for perspective.......they’re huge

Eaglefront.jpg

Eagleside.jpg

Horsesplaying.jpg

Horsekicking.jpg

Elephantfront.jpg

Elephantside.jpg

Then I hammered across San Felipe Wash……….couldn’t resist heading up Blow Sand…….worn trials tires?…..250 engine?……so what, cruised right up no problem

Blowsand3.jpg

Popped out near the airport and slabbed it another ~40 miles to Brawley........the WR250R was made for rides like this.......~130 miles total

Jarrett arrived ~30 minutes later......we loaded up and headed back for Ramona.......we've conversed a few times and lot's of internet chatter, but haven’t seen/held Jarrett in 10 months so it was nice to be able to catch up with him for a couple hours driving back......he seems pretty stoked about his place in life/Air Force......me too......good to have him home for a few weeks.....

Jarrettwtruck.jpg

SPOT: http://www.CrawdadRacing.info

So great! Nice ride, pics & the son's home. Can't start a weekend any better than that.

Good stuff.

Nice! Glad you are stoked to see your boy, Its gotta be a pretty cool feeling seeing your son grow into a man of his own.

Chris,

You know how to live my friend.

Hey, looks like he is driving a "Man Truck."

Drag him by the Sunday Tech Day, if you have time.

PS, And the temps at Blow Sand were?? PSS - You are a stud to venture out there.

That is so awesome.....thanks for sharing...

That is so awesome.....thanks for sharing...

+1 ...Give's me a warm feeling that you got to meet your son that way.....

now THAT my friend is a cool ride report....i feel like a better man for reading that report and knowing you {even if it is just online so far}....

you sir are a stud in this heat to even think about blow sand and OW brawley...and the pics to prove you are a stud...you are a.. :king:

Hey Chris,

What a cool way to go meet up with your boy. I really need to go riding with you, you seem to know our backyard like the palm of your hand. I could learn a thing or twelve.

See you tuesday

hey, that was my first post, good thing I joined almost two years ago lol

Edited by Broken Spoke

Thanks for the comments everyone - I think I have Jarrett talked into coming to the Maintenance Day with me tomorrow.

Gary (AKA Broken Spoke), drive (or ride) down to Trophy's place tomorrow if you're available: