h8redlights

Next Maintenance Gathering September 26th

PERFECT.....THANKS....I'll get ordering....looks kind of intimidating/complicated...... but, heck, if you come supervise (well actually totally direct and help me out, cuz wiring is not my strong point......or if you prefer, let me help you out)....I'll give it a go....starter has been working fine, but to be honest, I prefer to have the fan, better light, etc...and the power to run them....perhaps not do ALL this in one tech day...maybe do the fan later...but at least get the other stuff in.......Debie.

Remember, you need to have a Clarke tank, not a IMS to fit the fan...

p

yes on clark....battery ordered...kelly will work on stator....thanks a bunch...

hehe hit the fan

Ken, thanks for offering to host.

Laura and I will try to make it.

I changed the topic title to make it more obvious.

Sounds like good fun... I was thinking the girl and I would DS down from Anaheim Hills.

...but I've no way of knowing how to get there once past Lake Elsinore partially off-road.

I'll try the PM to Member's trick.

Robert

I have a collabortaion kitchen event that night, however if you need ice, send someone by.

I make 5 ton aday,,,

I'll put the address in MO when close. Or PM me.

If you're bringing a bike for maintenance and want/need/can't wait for special tools and/or advice....post up so everyone can help as much as possible.

2 weeks away.

Bumping this so some folks don't miss it.

Also, if you have some items that need a new home, PM me and I'll start a new list so those that can use 'em will get 'em....or just bring the items and we'll lay them out.

You DO NOT have to RSVP to come...it just helps with food prep. Last year we had 50 people total (kids included) so come for the day, stop in for some food, whatever makes your day relaxing.

Coming by in the AM to shake a few hands, and say hello. Then i have to get back for a event.

see ya all there

I am going to do the carbs on the Virago. If anyone has a carburetor synchronizer, vacuum thingy that you can bring, please let me know. :) Ken

I am going to do the carbs on the Virago. If anyone has a carburetor synchronizer, vacuum thingy that you can bring, please let me know. :) Ken

I've got one!

It can sync 4 or 2 carbs....uses mercury. If you happen to have any extra mercury....bring it. There should be enough....but just in case

I've got one!

It can sync 4 or 2 carbs....uses mercury. If you happen to have any extra mercury....bring it. There should be enough....but just in case

I have a brand new one never opened, Gunner borrowed my old one and broke it and then bought me a new one ,,,What a guy!!!

You may not need one Ken, I have always been able to do it with sound and feel. Have you tried running some Sea Foam through a tank of gas yet? I have had good luck with that stuff loosening up old gas in carbs.

Ken, Julie and I are planning to come out. I'll be bringing a front wheel to replace the tube, again.

Jon

Bring it down.....we'll find it on line if that's what it takes. I have brake bleeder stuff if that helps.

Also have shrink tubing and heat gun for grung proofing some wiring if that happens for anyone (Deb).

Put MAP to house in MO.

If you don't have access to MO, please read THIS

Mostly, this sentance: To gain access to the "Members Only Forums", you must be a registered member on this site, and also must have been on at least one ride with others from this site who are regular riders / posters, and/or a regular poster must know who you are.

Look forward to a fun, productive and relaxing day!

Anybody know how to bleed the magura hydraulic clutch on a 625KTM? hoping mine just has air bubbles.

Most important- Know what fluid it takes. Some take "Magura Blood" others mineral oil, others brake fluid. I have syringes and tubing for dot 5 and mineral oil that I use to pressure bleed clutches and brakes. If you let me know, I'll bring them.

Most important- Know what fluid it takes. Some take "Magura Blood" others mineral oil, others brake fluid. I have syringes and tubing for dot 5 and mineral oil that I use to pressure bleed clutches and brakes. If you let me know, I'll bring them.

I just switched from DOT4 to Magura Blood in my Gas Gas clutch. It works very nicely in place of the brake fluid. But I have also learned that you can get plain old mineral oil (laxative) from the drugstore for much cheaper and it works just as well as Magura Blood (also mineral oil), except that instead of paying 3.95 for 2 ounces, you are paying 8 bucks for 16 ounces. :)

Bumping this so some folks don't miss it.

Also, if you have some items that need a new home

You DO NOT have to RSVP to come...it just helps with food prep.

This is too big too miss. Kinda like KLR tech days if you have a KLR. The art of motorcycle maintenance! Maybe if I dust off the KTM someone can show me how to change the fork seals?

anyway I will let you know soon as my wife will tell me what is happining Sunday. Ken - if I go I will PM or call you to find out what to bring. I will bring one good item to donate == Are you going to do a raffle?

No raffle - just a "swap meet"....swap your stuff for warm fuzzies or $$$$. Self regulated, good natured.

Nothing specific to bring other than what's on the 1st post. I figure if everyone brings their choice of side dishes, deserts, & some beverages...it'll all even out.

Also - if you can't get to the MO section... PM me for the address.

Looks like I need to install a JD jet kit on the 450 exc. Is there going to be somebody that can help me with that? Will I need to bring any special tools other than the kit itself. I also have a fuel screw that I will need to install.

Anybody know how to bleed the magura hydraulic clutch on a 625KTM? hoping mine just has air bubbles.

My manual says DO NOT USE DOT.5(its in caps in my book) it says use dot 5.1 or i could use dot 4 but should switch to 5.1 asap. Isnt 5.1 mineral oil??

No idea. And not going to guess. A buddy of mine used brake fluid in a mineral oil/blood unit and made a total MESS of his system.

Josh - I don't know of anything specific you need for tools (KTM folks sound off) but I have a bunch to choose from including an impact screwdriver if the bowl screws are anything like the stock DR ones (switched to hex heads).

....and for you Charger fans....the game will be on in the family room and I'm working on rigging a TV in the garage for Sunday.