ADVs or DSs?

I should be able to squeeze out another ride on the DRZ rubber...

I'm DSing and DD is ADVing. This will probably be the last trip on my knobbies :D

What's the pace/skill level for this one. I'll probably bring my 450 but I don't want to hold you all up if you're all ex Baja 1000 guys.

What's the pace/skill level for this one. I'll probably bring my 450 but I don't want to hold you all up if you're all ex Baja 1000 guys.

1kstep,

Not to worry. I was going to join this one as well. The only way you would be slower than me would be if you were at a rest stop. As for skill level, I've been up there once. I remember it being nice windy graded fire roads.

Anyone who quotes Lao Tzu in his signature line is worthy of a reply in my view.

Baja 1000...yes but 30 years ago and the bike that did it (Husky 390) will stay in my garage. I will be riding a Vintage Honda XL and enjoying the company, scenery and taking pictures. This isn't racing - it's trail riding.

Cool I got the hall pass!I'm in Escondido and would like to meet up for the ride to fallbrook! any takers?

I will probably be leaving Escondido around 7am. How about the Shell station (I think it is a Shell) on Bear Valley Pkwy & I-15 across from North County Mall? We can decide whether to do the Twin oaks Valley route or slab it depending on how prompt we can leave.

I'm probably in for this ride. I live up in Hidden Meadows north of Esco so I'd like to meet up with the Esco guys at the 15 and Twin Oaks exit if this is OK.

Chris

Cool I got the hall pass!I'm in Escondido and would like to meet up for the ride to fallbrook! any takers?

I will probably be leaving Escondido around 7am. How about the Shell station (I think it is a Shell) on Bear Valley Pkwy & I-15 across from North County Mall? We can decide whether to do the Twin oaks Valley route or slab it depending on how prompt we can leave.

Just to make sure, you meant Via Rancho exit off of the 15. I'm in for 7am at the Shell.

I'm probably in for this ride. I live up in Hidden Meadows north of Esco so I'd like to meet up with the Esco guys at the 15 and Twin Oaks exit if this is OK.

Chris

Did you mean Twin Oaks and 78, or Twin Oaks up by Gopher Canyon and the 15?

Chris

Well I am certainly confused. I guess we could meet at the Shell station at 7 then ride up to Gopher canyon Park and Ride at 7:15 to pick up the Hidden Meadows crowd and see if we can still meet Doug in Fallbrook by 8. By the way - Via Rancho was Called Bear Valley Pkwy in my day. (Old school jargon) :rolleyes:

I suggest we wait no longer than 10 minutes for stragglers, otherwise we will become stragglers ourselves.

Anybody concur?

Gopher Canyon and 15 park and ride is good for me at 7:15 am Sunday morning. And I'm never late, see you then. It should only take about 20 minutes to get to the Fallbrook meeting place from here.

I will be easy to spot. I will be riding an 84 Honda XL350r. Very RED!

Chris

Well I am certainly confused. I guess we could meet at the Shell station at 7 then ride up to Gopher canyon Park and Ride at 7:15 to pick up the Hidden Meadows crowd and see if we can still meet Doug in Fallbrook by 8. By the way - Via Rancho was Called Bear Valley Pkwy in my day. (Old school jargon) :rolleyes:

I suggest we wait no longer than 10 minutes for stragglers, otherwise we will become stragglers ourselves.

Anybody concur?

I'm in.

Well I'm still a noob. After living in Hidden Meadows for the last 20 years and driving to work down Deer Springs to Twin Oaks every day I still call the exit wrong. I had ment Deer Springs at the 15. This would be a better exit to meet at if it works for everyone else. There is a dirt spot right at the top of the exit that would be visable to all. If not I can still meet at Gopher Canyon.

Chris

Well I'm still a noob. After living in Hidden Meadows for the last 20 years and driving to work down Deer Springs to Twin Oaks every day I still call the exit wrong. I had ment Deer Springs at the 15. This would be a better exit to meet at if it works for everyone else. There is a dirt spot right at the top of the exit that would be visable to all. If not I can still meet at Gopher Canyon.

Chris

I know the spot. No problem for me.

Chris

I know the spot. No problem for me.

If you know the spot let's meet there at 7:15 and stage for 5min. It's getting near ride time let's not make too many more changes. I don't want to screw anyone else up.

I'll be at the Shell at 7:00, just to confirm shell on the east side of 15 or west? 2 shell stations

How about East side next to the Chevron? I was hoping to gas up at Chevron anyway. Thanks for the heads up I didn't know there were two Shell Stations at that exit. I don't get out much:)

I'm going to have to bail on the ride tomorrow. I tried riding today and the finger with the nail torn off just hurts to much to pull the clutch all day.

Chris

post-13540-036756000 1281827766_thumb.jp

I'm going to have to bail on the ride tomorrow. I tried riding today and the finger with the nail torn off just hurts to much to pull the clutch all day.

Chris

WOW, that looks painful. I am going to cancel the Deer Springs stop then.

My bike and my body seemed to be intact. I am still IN for the Shell station on the East side at 7am.

I'm in for the Fallbrook to Corona Ride. I'm coming from Poway, do you want to meet before Fallbrook like Esc. or somewhere in San Marcos? Looks like there's some fun back roads to Fallbrook on the East side of Pendelton.

It's your ride, sounds like a good route. I'd suggest meeting at Carl's Jr in Fallbrook (GOOGLE MAPS LINK HERE) and hitting the road early (8am worked for us). I'd probably skip Margarita Peak, as well as lunch at Hell's Kitchen(maybe hit it on the way back instead) in the interest of time.

Here's the general route in Google maps: LINK HERE

GPS File: LINK HERE

Let me know if that's what you're thinking about.

Is there still a meet-up with DigiDug at the Carls Jr. in Fallbrook at 8am or did we lose that a few threads back?

Is there still a meet-up with DigiDug at the Carls Jr. in Fallbrook at 8am or did we lose that a few threads back?

Yeah.. I'll head up to Carl's. That's the start of the GPS track and I'll go there in case any lurkers show up. See you guys at 8am there. I'm just going to head straight up since I'm a few miles west of Escondido.