Is anyone up for a ride somewhere in the North County 8/15? I would prefer mostly dirt, but any seat time would be great.

RIDE UPDATE:

Ride Sunday August 15

Leave from Shell Gas Station at Via Rancho and 15(East side next to Chevron) promptly at 7am

Onto Carl's Jr in Fallbrook

Leave promptly at 8 a.m. and ride to Corona

Have enough gas, food/snacks and water for 70ish miles of riding

Carl's Jr in Fallbrook (GOOGLE MAPS LINK HERE) and hitting the road early (8am worked for us). I'd probably skip Margarita Peak, as well as lunch at Hell's Kitchen(maybe hit it on the way back instead) in the interest of time.

Here's the general route in Google maps: LINK HERE

GPS File: LINK HERE

So far:

Ralphie Boy DS

Dig Dug ADV

Steel Rain DS

Bruce

Zenosan

Main Block Head

SocalCPA

Hmmmmm.... two good riding partners, riding......penciled in for now....see how the hall pass goes.

I may be... the more dirt, the better... what kind of route are you thinking?

How about around Palomar area? or S2 to Split Mountain Road on dirt. That's fun too. or. . . .

Wow, What a brain donor ! ! !

I just realized I will be riding the Midnight Madness Bike (bicycle) Ride the night before and can't make my own Run on the 22nd.

Can we ride the 15th instead? Same everything else.

ride update?

I can lead the ride out S2 to Blair Valley, Diablo Drop-Off, Split Mountain, Split Mountain Road, Ocotillo Wells. or, If someone else would like to lead a ride in the Palomar Mountain Area I would be happy to follow. I don't know any trails other than around Ocotillo Wells and wouldn't mind exploring new territory other than OW.

I can lead the ride out S2 to Blair Valley, Diablo Drop-Off, Split Mountain, Split Mountain Road, Ocotillo Wells. or, If someone else would like to lead a ride in the Palomar Mountain Area I would be happy to follow. I don't know any trails other than around Ocotillo Wells and wouldn't mind exploring new territory other than OW.

were you thinking of doing this ride at night? Or, baking during the day?

were you thinking of doing this ride at night? Or, baking during the day?

Baking sounds so negative. How about saute? (Translated=day ride.)I thought Palomar area might be cooler, but either way we could start out early and as long as we keep moving it shouldn't be too bad. Okay, I just looked at the weather on Sat and it's going to hit 110 in OW, that's baking. Palomar is going to be 95, would you mind leading a ride around there?

I would love to join in but I have a birthday/ride day at my place that day. Feel free to drop in and ride the track or even start at my place.

I could be talked into a ride this weekend!

Let me know what your details are. My little bike is down for a rebuild, so I'll be on the 950 if the route will tolerate a big bike.

......would you mind leading a ride around there?

Defenitly have some clean up and light maintenance to do on my bike this weekend.....I'm out (unless I happen to stumble on and adv bike this week ;) )

I am going to look at the lunar schedule and try to set up a moonlight night ride similar to what you had posted earlier soon!

Split Mountain to Fish Creek to Diablo, Palo Verde Wash, S2, Pinyon Mountain, Heart Attack Ridge, Sandstone Canyon, to Fish Creek / Split Mountain.

~Hijack Off~

Let me know what your details are. My little bike is down for a rebuild, so I'll be on the 950 if the route will tolerate a big bike.

Since I'm following and don't know the area, tell me when and where. Beggars can't be choosers. And while your at it, make it a ride that will accomodate your 950. I'll be happy just seeing some new terrain.

Still planning on being there... probably on the DRZ, so as little slab as possible, and I'll probably truck up to the general area

Doug

If you are leaving from San Marcos on your 950 I might be willing to join you from Escondido for the cooler part of the ride. Not too sure about dropping down into 110 degree heat though. We'll see what the weather looks like on the 22nd.

there was a post that this was moved to the 15th... maybe some edits and clarification are in order... Ralphie; dug;don;hoss;christi

I am in for the 15th, and maybe in for the 22nd too...unless I decide to do a more serious dirt ride, in which case, I'll update this post

there was a post that this was moved to the 15th... maybe some edits and clarification are in order... Ralphie; dug;don;hoss;christi

I am in for the 15th, and maybe in for the 22nd too...unless I decide to do a more serious dirt ride, in which case, I'll update this post

Hey there BS or DD, Do you have any ideas for start time and location? I will be dual sporting the whole way so I can meet anywhere.

Hey there BS or DD, Do you have any ideas for start time and location? I will be dual sporting the whole way so I can meet anywhere.

Where are you coming from and what do you want to check out? The other question is how much time to people have?

There are really two rides you can do up here in North County. The Ramona Loop: Another Big Bike Ride - Toro Peak and the Fallbrook to Corona Ride that are all-day type rides. Everything else up here is shorter stuff (Nate Harrison - 8 miles long, etc) and has a bit of pavement thrown in.

Take a look and see which interests you and we can come up with a meeting place/time and go from there.

Where are you coming from and what do you want to check out? The other question is how much time to people have?

There are really two rides you can do up here in North County. The Ramona Loop: Another Big Bike Ride - Toro Peak and the Fallbrook to Corona Ride that are all-day type rides. Everything else up here is shorter stuff (Nate Harrison - 8 miles long, etc) and has a bit of pavement thrown in.

Take a look and see which interests you and we can come up with a meeting place/time and go from there.

I'm in for the Fallbrook to Corona Ride. I'm coming from Poway, do you want to meet before Fallbrook like Esc. or somewhere in San Marcos? Looks like there's some fun back roads to Fallbrook on the East side of Pendelton.

Doug

Sounds like you need to step in and set this one up (again). I would do and easy route but can't do a long day.

(Where is Bagster when we need him?)

But don't go by my needs the group may want a longer run.

I'm in for the Fallbrook to Corona Ride. I'm coming from Poway, do you want to meet before Fallbrook like Esc. or somewhere in San Marcos? Looks like there's some fun back roads to Fallbrook on the East side of Pendelton.

It's your ride, sounds like a good route. I'd suggest meeting at Carl's Jr in Fallbrook (GOOGLE MAPS LINK HERE) and hitting the road early (8am worked for us). I'd probably skip Margarita Peak, as well as lunch at Hell's Kitchen(maybe hit it on the way back instead) in the interest of time.

Let me know if that's what you're thinking about.

It's your ride, sounds like a good route. I'd suggest meeting at Carl's Jr in Fallbrook (GOOGLE MAPS LINK HERE) and hitting the road early (8am worked for us). I'd probably skip Margarita Peak, as well as lunch at Hell's Kitchen(maybe hit it on the way back instead) in the interest of time.

Let me know if that's what you're thinking about.

Sounds great to me. Thanks for all of the planning. 8am Carl's Jr in Fallbrook. Are we taking asphalt back, different trails or back tracking?

Sounds great to me. Thanks for all of the planning. 8am Carl's Jr in Fallbrook. Are we taking asphalt back, different trails or back tracking?

It's a mix of pavement and dirt all the way up. The most dirt is to just backtrack, but it depends on time. We can make that call as we go along. I'd pack some snacks and fill the tanks with gas/water. No real place to stop until we drop off the mountain.

ADVs or DSs?

I should be able to squeeze out another ride on the DRZ rubber...