Chief Gunner

Trans-America trail "Road less traveled"

This movie will be out this summer, I'm thinking about doing a long ride like this when I retire from the Navy, at least for a month or two before I have to get a real job.

Looks like it might be good, I knew the XR's Rocked!

http://www.roadlesstraveledmovie.com/

I remember those guys went to ADVrider to do some market research for the film a year and half ago. The trailer looks sharp!!

:( Chief Thanks for posting the info on the movie I think their should be more bike movies along the line of On any sunday for us older folks speaking of myself of course. Just like to add I have been up in Arizona this past weekend riding with my brothers it seemed like one of those retirement rides we all dream of taking some day.I have got to tell you Arizona is the bomb when it comes to great highways endless views and good people, after rolling 1500 miles on in three day's I can't wait until I retire so we are planing another trip to Alaska next year, anyway you guy's have fun at the desert dash and I'll find you on another great trail ride,THE DOC.

AMA

SDORC

SDAR

06 KLR 650 Lowered

03 VT 750 CDC

00 KLR 650 GREEN

RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN :huh:

Yeah, that looks like a good movie......look forward to seeing it when it's released......

Bought the "Long Way Round" DVD off Amazon......great six part episode report on a moto trip around the world that I assume most of you are familiar with....if not, here's a link:

http://www.longwayround.com/html/longwayround.html

Here's another link to more obscure dual sport flick (I haven't seen it yet):

http://www.dirttrackproductions.com/traile...solo/index.html

I know this is a really old thread, but I just heard about this "Road Less Traveled" documentary.  Everything I find about it on the internet is very old and seems to be saying they're still working on getting it released.  Does anyone know if it ever got release?  Did anyone see it?  Anyone one know where I could rent or buy it? 

Thanks.

Steve

Go ride the TAT....you won't have to watch the movie.

I did it from Eastern Colorado to the end on Oregon Coast in 2008 on my 950...what a great ride !

13 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

Go ride the TAT....you won't have to watch the movie.

I did it from Eastern Colorado to the end on Oregon Coast in 2008 on my 950...what a great ride !

Wow, that's cool.  How many miles to you do and how long did it take you?  Did you do mostly hotels or camping?  I just read a book by a guy from New York that did it and he did mostly hotels.  I hear there are bypasses for some of the tougher off road sections - especially for guys on bigger bikes.  Did you take any of those?

Here's the link to my write-up, I never finished the trip report.

We all brought camping gear with us, but after riding a couple days, we all decided we didn't want to carry the weight of all the camping gear since there were some challenging sections, so some of us sent our camping gear home. Ron and I mailed our camping gear to the end of the trail in Port Orford, OR to pick up after we finished the TAT. So, we ended up doing motels on the entire TAT.

I took a month off to do this trip....I stayed about 5 days at Uncle Cameron's (co-founder of SDAR, he built the website) house in Oregon, then did more exploring on the way down from OR to San Diego.

There are bypasses for the tougher sections, but we did all the difficult options, even Mike and I on the Adventure Bikes....Mike on the R1200GS, me on the KTM 950, but Mike and I are experienced riders on the big bikes.

Bummer I never finished the report, I have over a thousand photos from the adventure....a lot happened on the trip.

What an awesome adventure it was. You will really have a trip of a lifetime if you do it...I highly recommend.

I've been watching the "Long Way Round" documentary mentioned above.  It's about 2 guys from the U.K. that are riding around the world.  It's been really entertaining.  I would definitely recommend it.

1 hour ago, skincer said:

I've been watching the "Long Way Round" documentary mentioned above.  It's about 2 guys from the U.K. that are riding around the world.  It's been really entertaining.  I would definitely recommend it.

Two guys? That's Obi wan bro