Joliet

Maintenance Day Sat 6-26

I talked to a bunch of people that did not get all their bikes finished at Steve's house last week, so lets have another day to work on our bikes. I will have some drinks here for us, but it won't be a spread like Schwinn had unless people want to bring stuff. There are several resteraunts close by.

I will be here from 8 to 5. There will be room for about a dozen bikes at a time inside. I will hook up the pressure washer outside. Let me know if there is anything special you want to do and I will see what I can do to have tools for you. There are several motorcycle shops within 15 minutes. The address is 1234 Keystone Way, Vista, ca 92081. It is right near the old Carlsbad raceway, where vista, carlsbad, oceanside and san marcos meet. :) Ken

Let me know if there is anything special you want to do...

rim squashing... :)

I can bring a bunch of sandwiches by on Friday fresh from work if you have frig space

I can bring a bunch of sandwiches by on Friday fresh from work if you have frig space

I will make some fridge space, looks like I have some beer drinking to do this week :)B)

The frig at work is full of beer :)B)

I will drop them off at your work. Have to be kept cold the whole time. :)

Darn, that's Big Bear day :) I'm in for the next one!

Darn, that's Big Bear day :) I'm in for the next one!

Yea, I wanted to go up and volunteer for a checkpoint, but I don't have much time to get things ready for Bass Lake, so I opted for this instead.

Is the tech day still on? Might swing by to add some new farkles to the wife's bike.

I will be there all day working on stuff. This will be my forth one and I don't think we have ever had less than a dozen show up yet. Lets have everyone post up that is going to come to this, so I know how much stuff to have on hand. Thanks, :) Ken

Pirate Monkey and I will drop by at some point to BS and socialize. We will be on the bikes but hopefully won't need any maintenance.

Wayne

I should be able to drop by for a while Ken. No maint just socialize.

X2 :)

Maybe I will give you a screwdriver and a Yamaha carb and put you to work :):lol: .

Maybe I will give you a screwdriver and a Yamaha carb and put you to work :):lol: .

Work?.......What's that? I Pontificate for a living.

Ok.

Cement mixer tire changing it is, I'll be there in the AM.

Need anything?? Jacks/stands? I have a jack that will lift the Harley or a quick stand for lighter bikes.:lol:

I have got everything I need (I think), no one else has spoken up about needing anything special, so I guess we will get by. I couldn't get the lug nuts off the mixer today, so I soaked them a few times and will bring home the air gun tomorrow and buzz them off. You would think being protected by a nice thick coating of concrete for 15 years, those lug nuts would just ease right off :lol: :lol: .

I might have to pop in to work on Saturday... but I'll swing by if I can finish up early enough... :lol:

For those that haven't been here before, Keystone Way is 1/4 mile north of Palomar Airport road on Business Park Drive. Head west (only way you can go) on Keystone Way, 3rd driveway on the right, second building on the right. Drive around back and park where the boat and toyhauler are.

Steve, thanks for dropping off the sandwiches, sorry I was out and missed you. Must have been your lucky day :lol::blink::lol: . Ken

I need to replace the bearings in my front wheel on 426, would any shop stock the parts I need? If so, I'll come out with the parts.

I'm not sure if I can make the tech day, but I'm definitely going to try. I'm hoping to get some help checking my oil and other fluids, chain, and possibly do a valve check if there's time and someone wants to help. And/or just try to watch and learn as much as possible from others working on their bikes too!

I need to replace the bearings in my front wheel on 426, would any shop stock the parts I need? If so, I'll come out with the parts.

try motoworld or north county yamaha

post up to see if anybody has the bearing puller or right size socket to drive the old ones out

Ken... do you have a freezer and a heat source?

That should do it Wil- (IF you can get the right size bearings in stock... if not... we can do it at my house later in the summer)

I suggest NCY also. Yes I have a freezer and heat gun or torch. I don't use the torch much any more, I use the heat gun for most apps.

Ken, thanks for hosting the Maintenance day. Especially the assistance with the tire I wasn't planning on having to fix :lol: Steve the sammies were great as usual (Had leftovers for dinner, too. Try em toasted sometime :) )

Here are a few pics of the day. Carguy was the first one here and I think the only one that showed up before noon.

Carguy knocking the concrete out of a wheel.

P6260095.jpg

Packing a bearing on the mixer.

P6260099.jpg

Another addition to SDAR and another DRZ. He isn't registered yet, and I will put in his name as soon as I remember it.

P6260101.jpg

P6260098.jpg

The naked Husky, sporting a new headlight and graphics.

P6260096.jpg

Mistress of the Dual, getting an "Edge", taillight that is.

P6260100.jpg

There were a few bikes there with less "dual" and more "sport"

P6260102.jpg

P6260105.jpg

And last but not least Steve's "bronco" :lol: (that should get him going) Steve, thanks again to you and Brown Bag for the sandwiches.

P6260104.jpg

Thanks to everyone that came over to make it a great day. Carguy, "the new guy", Baldbeemer, Mistress, Zenosan, Humpety, Pirate, and schwinn, and the harley riders. :) Ken