:clapping: As I am approaching Casa de rexr, I get a call from XRL bum in Big Bear... :good: uh.. Bob... I'm only at 5000 feet and it is wicked... ice and snow and wind; I can't imagine what it'll be like up the mountain.

I've known Mike, at least by reputation for a few years now... he wasn't telling us NOT to, but he was sure giving me an out... I met with rexr and hoss, and we took the out... saved some driving, and motored out from rex's house on two wheels... that's right! A NICE weathered dual sport ride... rex and hoss pieced together some really nice trails, and along with hoss-friends Forrest and Larry, we got a great ride in

rex's other toys

103_1532.jpg

lined up and ready to roll

103_1531.jpg

first stop

103_1534.jpg

also at the first stop; Larry's fuel hose on his XR600 cracked, and it took a leak... so a little trailside surgery is in order

103_1535.jpg

Right at the bottom of HIxon, rex was running lead, and clipped a rock... broke the spring retaining clip on his frame, and it was prop a bike the rest of the day

103_1536.jpg

flowers in case anybody cares

103_1541.jpg

103_1547.jpg

103_1540.jpg

near the top of hixon

103_1542.jpg

103_1543.jpg

103_1537.jpg

103_1538.jpg

103_1539.jpg

Thomas Mountain- weather starting to get a little - uh.. cold

103_1549.jpg

More Thomas Mountain- really freaking cold

103_1550.jpg

Tried to thaw out at Anza

103_1551.jpg

103_1552.jpg

Larry and his non-starting XR

103_1558.jpg

A nice little trail rex had found... while Larry had fits with his XR, we saw this little guy

103_1563.jpg

Forrest running up a little ridge trail

103_1557.jpg

Larry finally got the XR re-started and we got about 5 miles closer to home, when it quit...

This is all the great minds figuring out what to do... You'll see there are not 5 minds there

103_1566.jpg

hmmmm much of that ride looks vaguely familiar rex ;) seem to remember a beer under that sombraro ??

looks like a nice chili day, probably good call to avert the big bear ride if it was snowing on Thomas mtn.

i keep telling you guys about those HONDAS :clapping: im just surprised it was the XR not the crfx :good: just kidding...let the barrage commence

really bummed i missed this ride...petcocks will be here hopefully by wednesday

Hixon looked really pretty....Thomas Mountain didn't look quite as nice. :clapping:

Was thinking of a street ride today after I cleaned the carb bank on the 550. Usually head for the mountains. Soooo glad I didn't go.

yes- he mentioned that the two of you had previously done most of this same ride... much slower

:good:

jk- I actually had a pretty bad day... two slow speed tips on Alessandro... then my front knobby starting going away... serious chunking, and it was pushing on every turn, no matter how slow or firm... I was lucky to only drop it twice

really now- WHO would ever do two drops in one day?

:clapping:

yeah yeah my tire thats the problem...my tire is bad.... :clapping:

good food at that little restaurant eh, la casita i think. i had a huge burrito there. never go wrong with pacifico either :good:

Hixon looked really pretty....Thomas Mountain didn't look quite as nice. :clapping:

Was thinking of a street ride today after I cleaned the carb bank on the 550. Usually head for the mountains. Soooo glad I didn't go.

Thomas was pretty miseable... it was my first time on snow, though... SLIP AND SLIDE... it was fun in a "as long as I don't fall off the side and end up as a slutsicle way"

kelly.. i was having a bad day before the tire :good: It just made it worse

I know rex and hoss got some pics, too...

I LOVE IT! 2 wheels and a motor, that's what I'm talkin' bout! :clapping:

Nice write up Bob...

It was a great day and a great ride. Here are some additional pictures..

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_01.jpg

Fixing the fuel line

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_03.jpg

Bottom of Hixon

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_04.jpg

A nice little climb

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_05.jpg

Break time.. Notice my bike on its side.. No kickstand.. Dohhh

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_06.jpg

Is is getting a little chilly or is it me..

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_07.jpg

Hey what is that white stuff??

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_08.jpg

Dang its cold.. I thought we were in Hemet not Big Bear.

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_09.jpg

The token flower shot..

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_10.jpg

A fun little climb..

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_11.jpg

Our little friend..

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_12.jpg

More trail maintenance..

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_13.jpg

Hoss changing a fuse for his heated grips.. Whatever..

I LOVE IT! 2 wheels and a motor, that's what I'm talkin' bout! :clapping:

i like some suspension too, and now that im old and broken i really like a seat too....but my favorite is a throttle :good:

At 5000' we ended up with about 5-6 inches. Cold, breezy, snow, lightning and thunder. I could only imagine what Big Bear would of ended up like. Was pretty envious that you guys were still going to get a good ride out of the day.

Could not get crap done, but I did get to see the Blackhawks make into the Stanley Cup finals.

yes- he mentioned that the two of you had previously done most of this same ride... much slower

:good:

jk- I actually had a pretty bad day... two slow speed tips on Alessandro... then my front knobby starting going away... serious chunking, and it was pushing on every turn, no matter how slow or firm... I was lucky to only drop it twice

really now- WHO would ever do two drops in one day?

:clapping:

Oh here we go.. When Kelly and I did the ride I was on Avon Distanza's (street tire) and didn't fall once.. I go for a ride with the slut and end up falling 3 times and breaking my kickstand.. What the heck man?? ;)

hey you got your bigger tank back on ehh rex...does promoto billet make a kickstand for the husky? they make a trick one for the ktm..

nice ride rex :clapping:

hey you got your bigger tank back on ehh rex...does promoto billet make a kickstand for the husky? they make a trick one for the ktm..

nice ride rex :clapping:

The kickstand itself did not break. Just the little piece on the frame that holds the spring. I am going to drill a hole were it was welded on and thread it so that I can put a bolt in there to hold the spring.

Good thing you were wearing helmets! :clapping:

Wow the hail came down out there. Great photo

May_2010_Hixon_Snow_06.jpg

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty impressive picture of the hail coming down, too.

Yeah that stuff hurts when you are moving..

It's even more fun when you aren't wearing a helmet, because you are on the water in a boat. :)

It's even more fun when you aren't wearing a helmet, because you are on the water in a boat. :)

Ouch....

I know rex and hoss got some pics, too...

I think this was one ride that I did not break out my camera even once........whoops.

Thanks for the ride Rex.........great time and company as usual! you too slutty one :)

Great pics! Loved the snow and hail. That is fun stuff! I want to do that ride one of these days...

Glad you guys were able to get out and ride :) ........you made the right choice.....Big Bear would've been miserable today.....

Great pics! Loved the snow and hail. That is fun stuff! I want to do that ride one of these days...

Anytime.. Just let me know and we can put another one together.

Hmmm Hoss seems to bring snow with him wherever he goes...snow-miser.jpg