TrophyHunter

Border Ride...Sunday.....IT'S ON!...

This Ride WILL happen Sunday, March 14th.

Meet Location Ready to Ride 9:30 AM

Starbucks Meet Location Ready to Ride 9:00 AM Next to Petco & Taste of Italy. DO NOT confuse with the other 2 on Jamacha.

Times will vary a little but we'll do our best to launch at 9. A few minutes to top off down south. Semper Gumby

All experience levels welcome. Street licensed bikes only. Top off before launching from 905/125. Bail point after initial loop will be on 94 by Barrett Junction if you need to leave 1/2 way there.

DO NOT truck to the gas station unless you want to ride back there. The ride will end by Rancho SD and parking will be available at STARBUCKS.

You will need $5 for the 125 toll road if you take it. It's worth it to me. It's $4.50 so I throw a 5 in ....quicker than loading in 4 ones and 50 cents. Fine is $54 for not paying.

The machines do not make change!!!

Bring extra $ for gas in Tecate (The CA side - sorry for the confusion) and food in Campo area.

I can't imagine anyone running out of gas between stops. I will carry 2 fuel bottles (1/2 gallon total) just in case.

Please be self sufficient as you can (tubes, wrenches for your axles, etc). DO NOT miss the ride if you're not fully equiped. We will do our best to get you through IF there's a mechanical issue.

Figure 0900 launch from STARBUCKS or 0930 at the gas station at 125/905.

Plan for most of the day 9:00 to 4:00 & bring a jacket for the slab sections in the afternoon.

I will use this thread for updates.

Riding

Me - Sweep - Radio

Fakename - Lead - Radio

KTM-licious - Station

Vegetable Television

Erick - radio - house - Starbucks

Scott..?

1kstep

nomilk4u

Argmister - Starbucks (prolly)

Starpal

Daddy Starpal

Yeti

teebes - radio - passport

klrscumbag - Station

Shock - radio - passport :rolleyes:

Mainblockhead - Starbucks

Zoot

Greg

kkug

LucidMayhem - pending

cmayer31 - radio - Starbucks

PIERCALIF - pending

N2TM

Beezzz - Starbucks

650Hucker - Starbucks

In on this as well cool deal. Are we goin through the tunnel? come on live a little!

In, hopefully with a radio. I have the BD helmet kit. No radio. Hopefully I'll get a sponsor...

What level of rider should one be for this route? Also, is this something that you'd want to do on a monster dual-sport r1200gs or on a 450? I'm a little hesitant to go on group rides with you folk because I'm pretty green compared to most of the people on this board.

FNA...I'm IN!!!!!

I'm having some registration challenges with my new (to me) KTM. If I can get that all ironed out, could be a good first ride on the Orange rocket.

Call me on the reg issues. I may be able to help but I at least know who to call if it's outside my knowledge base (high probability)

What level of rider should one be for this route? Also, is this something that you'd want to do on a monster dual-sport r1200gs or on a 450? I'm a little hesitant to go on group rides with you folk because I'm pretty green compared to most of the people on this board.

I did this ride with Chad a long time ago on my V-Strom 650 with stock tires. Overall okay & with more dirt oriented tires, not a problem. The water crossing was not flowing at the time so that didn't happen.

If you're new to dirt, I'd opt for the 450. We will ride whatever pace needs to happen to get everyone through. If we need to break into groups, we will.

Do NOT miss the ride based on your experience level. Mostly dirt roads with a few challenges. This is a friendly, team ride.

I'm considering it...pyro out from Alpine...not bringing passport, so not crossing borders...DRZ so trying to avoid slab...I'll get a new radio cord and ride sweep if I go.

This is an excellent ride for the noobish. It's more of a sight-seeing ride than technical challenge.

hmmmm....interested, VERY interested

let's see how Mrs.Blind appreciates the interest.

;) ..will keep on it

You could ride out with FN & ride with me.....the two guys that brought you back safely from Primm. She can't argue with that... :)

Aaarghh!! I just told Mrs. Yeti that I wouldn't ride this weekend and would take care of some honey-do's.

Anyone got a good excuse I can use for why I'm changing my mind?? :lol:

Aaarghh!! I just told Mrs. Yeti that I wouldn't ride this weekend and would take care of some honey-do's.

Anyone got a good excuse I can use for why I'm changing my mind?? :lol:

Take a half hour each night and knock a few off the list. That should buy a Sunday. Especially if you take the family out for lunch on Saturday, get a family movie and watch it all.

Yep.....All of it.

I might be up for a little ride of the area. Would like to get some water crossing shots before they go dry.

Throw something on the Jeep and head south. Ready to ride...9 AM my place.

Does this ride cross the border? i would love to tag along but i have no passport.

pretty sure we stay this side of the line. Let me know if you want to carpool down there as i am also in ramona.

i am interested and probably so is my dad but neither of us have large tanks yet( only about 2 gallon tanks) that will get us somewhere around 40 miles. so my question would be the total length and what are the gas stops inbetween?

i am interested and probably so is my dad but neither of us have large tanks yet( only about 2 gallon tanks) that will get us somewhere around 40 miles. so my question would be the total length and what are the gas stops inbetween?

Quick answer is...I'm checking. I don't know what you're riding but I would imagine it has a longer range than 40 miles. You'd know best. My DR650 with minor mods gets 40 mpg.

I will check but I don't think it's 40 miles to gas. I'll update the first post with more info and bump this thread when I do.

Glad to see a lot of interest and some new members jumping in. Should be a good ride.

Does this ride cross the border? i would love to tag along but i have no passport.

pretty sure we stay this side of the line. Let me know if you want to carpool down there as i am also in ramona.

No border crossing on this ride (for me).

If folks want to split off & do that, feel free. Just let the lead and sweep know.

I might be in, if nothing else pops up.

I like to avoid water crossings. Especially when it's 60 degrees out...

Is this the same ride I did before with you guys?

Yes, and you're too young to be such a p-- well to be complaining.