Crawdaddy

Time Flys.....

I dropped Jarrett off at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) on December 8th......a couple of months of basic training, followed by a month or so of survival schools, followed by a few months of training/simulators and LOT'S of studying..........the waiting is finally over........Jarrett made his first flight in a KC135 today......

Comments from the Boy,

"Today was a good F'n day. Flight one knocked out, Refueled a C-17 made picture perfect contacts. Didn't throw up, although I got quite nauseated in the pattern, Touch and Gos Blowwww. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have the coolest job in the world! I fly again Wednesday! It was Awesome!!!!! "

Not a bad gig if you can qualify for it/earn it.........and earn it he did, one month before his 19th birthday.........proud of the boy :rolleyes:

Awesome!!!

Congratulate Airman Crawford from me!

I still remember my "dollar ride" like it was yesterday (if you can call 15 years ago yesterday).

C-17's are one of the harder planes to refuel - Since they're so big and blunt nosed, they push off a pretty nasty bow-wave (just like a boat does in the water) and the tanker crews are pretty much working overtime to keep the plane from nosing over as that wave tries to lift the tail - good on him!

I hope he put his gloves on the chin rest!

I dropped Jarrett off at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) on December 8th......a couple of months of basic training, followed by a month or so of survival schools, followed by a few months of training/simulators and LOT'S of studying..........the waiting is finally over........Jarrett made his first flight in a KC135 today......

Comments from the Boy,

"Today was a good F'n day. Flight one knocked out, Refueled a C-17 made picture perfect contacts. Didn't throw up, although I got quite nauseated in the pattern, Touch and Gos Blowwww. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have the coolest job in the world! I fly again Wednesday! It was Awesome!!!!! "

Not a bad gig if you can qualify for it/earn it.........and earn it he did, one month before his 19th birthday.........proud of the boy :)

He'll be back in town for the first time in Sept......I plan on pulling him away from his buds for a day or two so we can head up to Bear Bear with the bikes and make a few more memories..... B)

Chris,

Congrats to Jarrett! He is doing well and living the dream. He will see more of the world than 99.9% of this country, and have a blast doing it.

I always felt bad for the guys in back while in the pattern doing touch-and-gos. When I wasn't flying, I would have them come up front and give them my jump seat, while I was in the back in their seat feeing like crap. :rolleyes: Figured that an hour up front for me was nothing, but for them it was some relief and it wasn't everyday they got to look over the pilots shoulders while doing landings.....give a little and it comes back in different ways.

I remember the time I let the FE fly the plane while orbiting off the coast of Russia. You should have seen that young E5's eyes while flying. Granted, it was level race track pattern, but he thought he was king of the world! Little did the 18 guys in back know he was flying. :):o I'm sure Jarrett will get the chance to do something similar soon.

Wish him well and remind him he has the best seat in the house!

The boy sent home a couple of cell pics.....

Apparently they use the ADV Salute in the Air Force too :lol::)

Jarrettrefueling2.jpg

Workin/flying the boom.....

Jarrettrefuel.jpg

Brilliant!! Congratulations Chris for your son's growing up!

Great pictures Chris! Good job to the kiddo. I just got back from Scott AFB last week and was thinking about Jarrett as I drove by the KC-135s there. He's going to have a ball.

So, did you ever think that your son would grow up and be making a living by "passing gas"? :lol:

(That's what they call it, I didn't make it up!)

Trophy...this is somehow the first time i have seen this thread....but i wanted to say...i love knowing parents who are proud of their kids and have a good relationship with them....im sure you are very happy to be his dad and proud of him.

all too often in this world you see parents who are not involved in their kids lives once they hit the teen years, they just become at odds with each other, and some even dread being with each other. seeing other parents who love their kids all of the time....that is refreshing....

things like dirt bikes can really help teens to keep connected with their parents....i hope we all use this great sport as a positive for our whole families....

seems like a great kid TH

I'd certainly be proud to have Jarrett for a son, but he's Crawdaddy's.......

I do try to make my kids feel special tho.... "hows my favorite daughter" (only one) "hows my favorite oldest son" (see where this is going? ) "hows my favorite middle child" (gettin' the picture? ) They get tears in their eyes every time....

oops..CRAWdaddy NOT Trophy...this is somehow the first time i have seen this thread....but i wanted to say...i love knowing parents who are proud of their kids and have a good relationship with them....im sure you are very happy to be his dad and proud of him.

all too often in this world you see parents who are not involved in their kids lives once they hit the teen years, they just become at odds with each other, and some even dread being with each other. seeing other parents who love their kids all of the time....that is refreshing....

things like dirt bikes can really help teens to keep connected with their parents....i hope we all use this great sport as a positive for our whole families....

seems like a great kid {not TH} crawdaddy

TH..i know your a proud dad TOO

i miss read the original post...and a few others apparently....

Jarrett left for Scott Air Force Base yesterday.....likely deployment to Qatar in January.......picked up a frame this morning to display an Inflight Refueling poster I had him autograph for me......

"Nobody Kicks Ass Without Tanker Gas!".....Jarrett Crawford, BOOMER.........

Boomer.jpg

Go get'em Jarrett.....see ya again NOT soon enough.....

Way to go Craw and son! Although I'm new to this forum, I'm completely clued on developing relationships with your children. My kids got to watch their dad run/win footraces, get pinned as a Warrant Officer and compete often. I worked on developing their physical abilities and spent endless hours at swim practice(older daughter) and Karate(Son). When he joined the Navy 12 yrs ago, I made sure he knew we were happy about it, and have worked to keep him in the loop. 3 yrs ago, he graduated the BRC while I graduated the BRC Instructor course. I helped him buy his first bike, helped/scheduled for more training and recently took him for a week long bike ride on our aprilia's. He's pretty good now, and we talk(all of us) at least once or twice a week. With skype/internet, its ez to stay in contact, so work on that. Sadly, my youngest daughter has moved on to bigger challenges and seems to forget the time we spent with her - she's even a bit bitter, and slammed us a few times on fb(for f*cks sake). I still work on keeping open lines to the other two and realize she will get it, eventually.

Once again, thanks for Jarrett's service and when I got thru Scott(space A is the bomb) I might try to stop by and say hello..

Merry Christmas to ME! :) ......the boy is flying home tomorrow night – Monday :good::friends:

He spent the last week in New Orleans refueling F15s......they put him up in a suite in the French Quarter.....not a bad gig :coolio::lol:

In flight:

jarrettKC135headset.jpg

Filling’em up.....

refuel.jpg

Adios Amigos

F15.jpg

Chris, no doubt: you done right with the kid!! :king: I remember you selling off his bike due to bad grades. Temporary pain; long-term lesson. You all have a great Christmas :D

......I remember you selling off his bike due to bad grades.......

Yep, but first I had him wash/wax it "twice" to make it look nice and shinny/new...........THEN I told him why, "Nice job son - now I can sell it!" :lol:

Jarrett was able to get his hands on some good/positive reading material....he's currently deployed in the greater "Trashcanistan" area......

JarrettOsama.jpg

Jarrett was able to get his hands on some good/positive reading material....he's currently deployed in the greater "Trashcanistan" area......

JarrettOsama.jpg

Hooray AT LAST

Jarrett, we are proud of you, thankyou for serving our country!

Talk about a picture being worth 1000 words. Great pic!!!

Is it just me, or did Jarrett age 20 years in the last two? He looks all growed up....and stuff.

Ditto....great pic.

Jarrett got promoted to E4/Senior Airman yesterday. He's worked his way up from Airman Basic (1 stripe) to Airman First Class (2 stripes) to Senior Airman (3 stripes) in the span of ~22 months. Next step is Sergeant (4 stripes). It's normally a 36 month wait to make Senior Airman as an enlisted airman, but the Air Force has a special program where commanders can promote a limited number of outstanding Airman First Class (E-3) to Senior Airman (E-4) six months before they would otherwise be eligible (in Jarrett's case they made this happen ~14 months ahead of schedule). This program is known as the Senior Airman Below-the-Zone Promotion Program. Only 15 percent of eligible Airman First Class (E-3) can be promoted under this program. He's worked hard, folks have noticed, and now he's being fast tracked. He's taking classes, working on his degree, and moving up the ladder.......and he just turned 20 two weeks ago.......I'm really proud of him.

JarrettSeniorAirman.jpg

How's the view from your office window?

Jarrettstealth.jpg

Sounds like some strong career progression. If I remember correctly, he may get a bump in his tuition assistance (percentage paid by the AF) based on that promotion. Outstanding stuff..!!