Crawdaddy

Time Flys.....

Seems like it was only yesterday that 11yr old Jarrett transitioned from being a quadtard to a motorcycle rider.......here he is on his YZ80 out at Glamis in 03'......

DSCF0020.jpg

Flash forward 7 years.......now he's transitioned from boy to man........from trainee to Airman......he picked up his Airman's Coin at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. this morning......he's off to tech school on Monday to learn how to become an inflight refueler/load master as part of an air crew....

JarrettChrisBMT.jpg

Time flys.......now he's going flying :lol:B):)

Congrats to Jarrett, and to the proud dad ! :lol:

Congrats Jarrett and Craw...daddy.

Chris, please tell him good luck for me !

Congrats to the both of you!! Its not an easy task to excel in the A.F. GOOD JOB.

---Yes I remember dune season 2003. Very wet that year. Made for excellent traction.

Great pic, awesome hats :lol:

Congrats to Father and Son! Bummed I couldn't make it out for his graduation B)

Congratultions on both his accomplishments today and that you got to have quality moto time with him as he grew up. :lol:

Seems like it was only yesterday that 11yr old Jarrett transitioned from being a quadtard to a motorcycle rider...

Good move getting him off that quad! B) You really set him the right direction. :lol: Congrats to both of you!!

Job well done to both Father and Son...

P.S. Atta boy dad,,

Nice going Chris. Parent child relationships don't always turn out this well. God luck to Jarret.

Congats Mr. Crawford sir. oh and congrats Crawdaddy as well :D

seriously a proud day i am sure way to go gentlemen!

That is a proud father/son pair. Congrats to both of you.

Glad he came to his senses and joined the USAF (this is coming from a career USN guy!)

Stood in that same spot 29 years ago.

Congrats Chris & Jarret! Here's to hoping he gets stationed where there's good riding! :D

Thanks to all for the well wishes........yep, proud papa....... :)

Jarrett was also one of the few to obtain "Marksman" status in BMT :hunter:

Sunny here today.......picking up Airman Crawford in an hour when his town pass kicks in at 9am........think we'll check out the Alamo/Riverwalk area today...

Stayed close to the base yesterday.......AF kept telling him to come back in an hour for his post BMT tech school orders because he *should* be headed.......somewhere :huh::unsure::blink: ......... to begin tech school on Monday.......no orders yet......hurry up and wait :lol: .......we did venture over to Rudy's BBQ yesterday.......the boy ordered one of everything on the menu :lol:

So, he may be staying here at Lackland for a bit........he may even wind up doing a portion of his inflight refueling training here.........who knows :blink: (not either of us :lol: )

Hey Chris,

Has Jarret gotten any updates on orders?

Not yet.....hopefully today or tomorrow......if not, he may be stuck in limbo for another week.....he mentioned something about Mondays being the only "ship out" days.....

I'm guessing the foul weather at Altus AFB may have screwed up plans/orders since they had to shift a few things around over there: http://www.altus.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123189447

Being "on hold" is one of the best and worst things about the service. Best because he'll do BS jobs for 4 hours a day and still get full pay. Worst because he's doing BS jobs and the boredum drives ya nuts.

Cheers

Hey Chris,

Has Jarret gotten any updates on orders?

Jarrett just finished up his basic aircrew training at Lackland AFB and was awarded his "Wings" on Tuesday of this week (and bump to E3 paygrade/status).......yesterday they put him on a plane to Fairchild AFB near Spokane, WA. for one month of SERE Training

Next stop is Pensacola, FL. for more SERE training then Altus AFB in OK. for ~3-4 months of inflight refueling training......pretty sure he gets a few weeks off after that so we'll be headed to Bass Lake with the bikes ;) ........he's currently scheduled to be deployed at Scott AFB (just outside of St. Louis) once his training is completed

Funny thing about that SERE training, the instructors really get twisted if you cheat and get the drop on them with the rubber knife that you hid in your pants!

"So tell me Captain, how did you become the only Star Fleet cadet to solve the Kobayashi Maru problem?"

"It was simple Spock... I cheated"

I dropped Jarrett off at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) on December 8th......a couple of months of basic training, followed by a month or so of survival schools, followed by a few months of training/simulators and LOT'S of studying..........the waiting is finally over........Jarrett made his first flight in a KC135 today......

Comments from the Boy,

"Today was a good F'n day. Flight one knocked out, Refueled a C-17 made picture perfect contacts. Didn't throw up, although I got quite nauseated in the pattern, Touch and Gos Blowwww. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have the coolest job in the world! I fly again Wednesday! It was Awesome!!!!! "

Not a bad gig if you can qualify for it/earn it.........and earn it he did, one month before his 19th birthday.........proud of the boy B)

He'll be back in town for the first time in Sept......I plan on pulling him away from his buds for a day or two so we can head up to Bear Bear with the bikes and make a few more memories..... :rolleyes: