Crawdaddy

Time Flys.....

Sounds like some strong career progression. If I remember correctly, he may get a bump in his tuition assistance (percentage paid by the AF) based on that promotion. Outstanding stuff..!!

Agreed Ken!

They finally "punched" Jarrett's senior airman stripes into place last week over in Trashcanistan.....he''ll be there until late March.......Not sure what that fuzzy thing over his lip is all about ......he said, "it's a deployment stash"

jarrettseniorstripes.jpg

Another pic from last week.......Jarrett said the back seater threw up a peace sign but you can't make out that detail in this cell phone pic:

JarrettDeployed.jpg

His dorm room decorations in Trashcanistan:

jarrettdormroom.jpg

Ahhh, the ever popular deployment battle 'stache! I'll have to see if I can find our Christmas decoration pictures from my deployment in Kuwait, similar idea.

The boy is pretty proud of himself....

"Just got my third Outstanding Aircrew of the Quarter award.....it's just whatevsies......try to be as awesome as me :) "

"Grounded" him a bit by reminding him that it's a "crew" award.......and he doesn't fly the plane.....he pumps the gas :coolio::lol:

Jarrett.jpg

"Just got my third Outstanding Aircrew of the Quarter award.....it's just whatevsies......try to be as awesome as me :) "

"Grounded" him a bit by reminding him that it's a "crew" award.......and he doesn't fly the plane.....he pumps the gas :coolio::lol:

Jarrett.jpg

Congrats!!! We need more responsible people his age. He pumps the gas but does he clean the windows?

Jarrett.jpg

You could just say that the pilots are there to get him where he needs to be to do the job! There is a reason they call them bus drivers. :rolleyes:

Oh believe me... Bus Drivers are SUPER important

First time back in a year and a half (one of his sisters is getting married in two weeks)

Hopefully I'll (we'll) be riding this weekend :)

202693_4017605151560_1420732230_o-1.jpg

Jarrett got promoted to E4/Senior Airman yesterday. He's worked his way up from Airman Basic (1 stripe) to Airman First Class (2 stripes) to Senior Airman (3 stripes) in the span of ~22 months. Next step is Sergeant (4 stripes). It's normally a 36 month wait to make Senior Airman as an enlisted airman, but the Air Force has a special program where commanders can promote a limited number of outstanding Airman First Class (E-3) to Senior Airman (E-4) six months before they would otherwise be eligible (in Jarrett's case they made this happen ~14 months ahead of schedule). This program is known as the Senior Airman Below-the-Zone Promotion Program. Only 15 percent of eligible Airman First Class (E-3) can be promoted under this program. He's worked hard, folks have noticed, and now he's being fast tracked. He's taking classes, working on his degree, and moving up the ladder.......and he just turned 20 two weeks ago.......I'm really proud of him.

Moving time once again........the boy tested for Staff Sergeant two weeks ago......today he found out he's now an E5/Staff Sergeant.....not bad for 2.3 years out of High School.....they're fast tracking this kid (as they should :king: )

50px-E5_USAF_SSGT_svg.png

Moving time once again........the boy tested for Staff Sergeant two weeks ago......today he found out he's now an E5/Staff Sergeant.....not bad for 2.3 years out of High School.....they're fast tracking this kid (as they should :king: )

50px-E5_USAF_SSGT_svg.png

Now that Jarrett is a certified instructor/Air Force Lesdership School (ALS) graduate he can FINALLY be pinned on as a Staff Sergeant this Friday...

His squadron showed up at his ALS graduation last week to wish him well......I'm flying back to tour the base/plane in a few weeks......looking forward to the trip:

47507556-IMGP5263-pp_zps0a57af75.jpg

Wow, the Air Force sure does give out a lot of chest candy, I've got 22 years in and not as many ribbons/medals.

Great job, Jarrett! Very respectable to make E-5 so quickly.

Does this mean he's putting on E-6 or another award?

Either way, CONGRATS!

When did the Colonels start looking so young?

Oh yeah.......

Meant to post this yesterday since it was Veterans Day. Unbelievably, my son has put in his 6 years in the USAF. He's been stationed at Scott AFB for the past ~4 years. It's a Nat'l Guard base utilized by both the Guard and the USAF. Once he has his BS degree in hand this Spring he'll be going into the Nat'l Guard (full time) as an officer and attending flight school (the skids are greased).

Parting words/photo earlier this week,

" Well... the day has finally come. I'm heading up on my last flight as an active duty boom operator. Of course, even in the final hour I'll be logging time as an instructor. Training never stops! Although the Air National Guard is probably right around the corner, it's still an exciting leap leaving this chapter in the military."

97F27ED6-0137-46FD-B257-73E32D9F589D_zps

Very cool...I'm sure you are VERY proud of him! :good:

Read this entire thread. Awesome to see..from a strapping boy to a proud American serviceman. You should be very, very proud.

Read this entire thread. Awesome to see..from a strapping boy to a proud American serviceman. You should be very, very proud.

Thanks, I AM very proud of him.....flying Jarrett and his fiance to Vegas on Thanksgiving day.......bring'em them down to Bullhead City and we'll head out/hit the trails together again.....it's been ~4yrs since we rode together in Bullhead City.

Here's a shot of him wearing a CORE T under his USAF gear.....

658F1207-7D08-420D-BB60-260E153A72E6_zps

Jarrett was part of a 3 man crew awarded "Aircrew of the year" honors by the Air Mobility Command for 2015. This is the second year in a row for Jarrett. He took the ACC award last year with a different crew........he's the common denominator......yes, I'm very proud of him......

In 2015 my son’s KC-135 crew did everything they could to get a badly damaged A-10 to safety over the skies of enemy territory in Iraq.  They guided an A-10 pilot through dust storms, loss of airborne command and control radar – all at dangerously slow speeds/altitude to a base not listed on the official navigation database.  Likewise, they refueled incoming support prepare them to assume duty as on-scene commanders.  The only tanker in the skies/area, they also had the ability to use specialty communication equipment and pass on all information necessary to launch a full support team before the they landed. 

My son, Jarrett, and his crew, were recognized nationally last week by the American Red Cross.

Short official video with the crew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EhYvYTrkzA

(Jarrett’s  ~4 minute Rock and Roll version of that 2015 deployment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wVD_fXQDUM&feature=youtu.be)

Official story regarding the incident:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/239942-a-10-suffers-catastrophic-engine-failure-in-iraq

Local interview/news story in published in St. Louis last week:  

http://www.stltoday.com/news/special-reports/heroes/scott-afb-tanker-crew-gets-national-award-for-leading-crippled/article_1123ff6c-54b2-5bc8-83fa-8a6e1f55b1af.amp.html