vegetable_television

new to dual sport ridin'

Hey, I'm Andrea, 25, just got a bmw 650 gs a few months ago and have limited dirt/off road experience...looking to find some people to ride with on easier dirt roads to start...I want to ride through Baja in March or April and want to get some more off road experience first...

Please let me know about any upcoming dirt rides, thanks!

post-13823-1265075495_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club. There will be plenty of rides coming up. There always are. Hope you have experienced companions to do Baja with.

Hi andrea,

Nice to have you!....thats a big bike you have there....my buddies at work are always wanting me to head to baja with them...I'm a bit scared to go down there, but Love riding for sure and hear it is great riding down there...

You would have liked our Otay ride last week....I'd like to head back there soon, maybe you can join me...

hope you have fun with the new ride, some of the guys that I road with this past week had bikes the size of yours. Welcome.

Welcome Andrea! Check the "Who's going riding section" often for posted rides. It might appear a bit slow as most are doing the Desert Dash in 2 weeks. Riding out to Butterfield on the 20th and meeting some folks might make for a nice day.

Hi andrea,

Nice to have you!....thats a big bike you have there....my buddies at work are always wanting me to head to baja with them...I'm a bit scared to go down there, but Love riding for sure and hear it is great riding down there...

You would have liked our Otay ride last week....I'd like to head back there soon, maybe you can join me...

I just saw the post about the Otay ride...I'd love to join you on the next one...I'll keep checking the upcoming ride posts...thanks!

So far I've just got one friend [he's got an 800 GS] whose interested in doing Baja with me, but we'd probably like to go with someone who knows where they're going...my spanish is pretty good and I've always had a great time in Mexico [Mexico City, Oaxaca], but I haven't had a chance to go down to Cabo yet and am excited to ride my bike there...

Welcome Andrea! Check the "Who's going riding section" often for posted rides. It might appear a bit slow as most are doing the Desert Dash in 2 weeks. Riding out to Butterfield on the 20th and meeting some folks might make for a nice day.

Thanks, I'm going to check that section more often...I just saw an old post about a ride in Otay and wish I'd see it sooner! I was thinking about trying to do the Desert Dash even though my bike is probably a bit large for that . But I'm actually going with a group of people up to Death Valley the same weekend as the Desert Dash. I'm hoping to explore some easier dirt roads in the park up there...

Welcome to the club. There will be plenty of rides coming up. There always are. Hope you have experienced companions to do Baja with.

Thanks...I'll be sure to check back and come along on the next ride...I've only got one person whose interested in doing Baja with me, but he's got an even larger bike [800 gs] and no Mexico riding experience...we're hoping to go down there with someone more experienced...in March or April sometime...

Welcome to the club...join in a ride sometime

That BMW is a nice ride; hope you use it often

Welcome!

I just joined last summer and have been on a few rides. There is a wealth of bike and local trail knowledge here. Hope to see you out on the trail.

...I've only got one person whose interested in doing Baja with me, but he's got an even larger bike [800 gs] and no Mexico riding experience...we're hoping to go down there with someone more experienced...in March or April sometime...

hey andrea,

My friend at work goes all the time, he said he'll plan a trip and take you guys....PM me your phone number, I'll get you in touch with him...

PS: I want to do Death Valley in March, would love to hear your input when you're back...get tracks, etc?....

Welcome aboard.. If you want to venture up to south Riverside County (Temecula / Murrieta) I can take you up into the Cleveland National Forest. There are some great fire roads to play on up there.

Welcome aboard.. If you want to venture up to south Riverside County (Temecula / Murrieta) I can take you up into the Cleveland National Forest. There are some great fire roads to play on up there.

Damn Rex....we've been beggin' for a Temecu ride but then Andrea shows up and you're ready to lead a ride....? :lol::lol::lol:

..."I can take you up into the Cleveland National Forest"... great line... :party:

WELCOME TO THE FUN!!

looks like a fun bike, good thing you use it too!!

looking forward to seeing you out on the trails!

:lol:...and i am shocked it took 15 posts to make that turn :party:

Damn Rex....we've been beggin' for a Temecu ride but then Andrea shows up and you're ready to lead a ride....? :lol::lol::lol:

..."I can take you up into the Cleveland National Forest"... great line... :party:

Now Trophy... I am a happily married man.. Just trying to be nice to the "newer than me" folks..

I am itching to lead a ride but have been waiting for the forest service to open some of the trails back up that have been closed due to the rain.

Thanks that would be awesome...how about next week sometime? I can go pretty much whenever bc I'm not working right now...

Welcome to the group, hope to catch ya on a ride sometime!

Now Trophy... I am a happily married man.. Just trying to be nice to the "newer than me" folks..

Oh, I know, but I had to razz ya.... Lookin' forward to a ride. :)

Sorry for the hijack...

Thanks that would be awesome...how about next week sometime? I can go pretty much whenever bc I'm not working right now...

Unfortunately mid week rides are out for me due to work. The next weekend that we will be home, (ie. not camping) will be the 27th so let me look into putting a group ride together on that weekend.

Unfortunately mid week rides are out for me due to work. The next weekend that we will be home, (ie. not camping) will be the 27th so let me look into putting a group ride together on that weekend.

Did someone say "Group Ride" in my neighborhood?? I'm in. Sorry for the hijack......

sounds good for the 27th...