KTMrad

SDAR Voluntary Supporting Membership Fee UPDATED 6/12/19

EDIT: UPDATED to $30/year 6/12/19 to be a SUPPORTING MEMBER.

HI All, as mentioned at the club meeting, we have implemented a $30/year (revised 6/12/18,) voluntary paid membership fee to belong to San Diego Adventure Riders Club and website as a SUPPORTING MEMBER.

This is due to the fact that website costs for hosting, storage, maintenance, and work involved is greater with each passing year. I also believe that SDAR should be more of a "club" atmosphere, than just a website....the attendance at the club meeting and involvement in volunteer trail building and maintenance supports this fact.

What this means is that the forums and website will still remain free to everyone.

Supporting members will have access to additional benefits:

• Discounts at certain motorcycle shops
  • Access to Members Only Forums
  • Discount on all SDAR merchandise (stickers, hats, t-shirts, etc.)
  • Discount on entry fee to any SDAR organized, promoted ride or event
  • Some additional forum controls for each paid members
  • Only Supporting Members will be able to attach motorcycle only related photos (using SDAR server) to your posts, following proper photo posting guidelines (including max size of photos being 1024 x 768) 
  •  If anyone decides they want to contribute more than the $30/year, of course that will be graciously accepted.

If you are a moderator or listed as a club officer, your get all the benefits of a contributing member, without having to contribute the $30..

We also plan on having an official Club Meeting probably quarterly.

Thanks for your support and understanding !

I want to thank everyone who helps with the club and website and who has donated in the past. And, I'd like to thank all SDAR participants and members for helping make SDAR what it is today !

If you use the Paypal or send a check in the mail, please include

• Your Full Name & site USERNAME
  • Address
  • Phone Number

this way I can easily keep track of who is who......thanks !

Please send the new President, ADV Bum (Mike) a PM for his mailing or Paypal address. We will also be able to accept credit cards via the Donate Button on Front Page of our website.

Are you going to set up a Paypal account for this?

Yes, we can do Paypal, but I'd prefer checks in the mail.....though either way is fine.

I'll post my e-mail for Paypal, and my mailing address in the Members Only Forum in the Members Contact Info Section, I'm the first post there.

If you use the Paypal, please include your site USERNAME, this way I can easily keep track of who is who......thanks !

Soon as you post the PayPal email address I'll be sending you $$.

For those who pay by PayPal, throw in a couple of extra bucks to cover the PayPal fee... :blush:

Glad to do it....paypal is super convenient for us on the payee's end, not sure what that means for you....

As always, please let me know if you need admin help, etc.

I can make an excel sheet for members, dues, column for positions, moderators, etc...if that is helpful?....I've been manager for many competitive & high school soccer teams, and I seem to enjoy the organizing thing...Also glad to help out my SDAR family......

I once donated to a motorcycle forum and they had 2 options a suport team member (yearly rate) and a lifetime membership (obvious higher up font cost but one time fee) not sure if you thought about that option but I thought I'd throw it out there for us really hardcore sdar members.

Check's in the mail today. C'mon folks, 20 bucks for a year....? That's you and your S/O stoppin' by Burger King.

If I could find this much entertainment anywhere else for $20, I'd buy a hundred of 'em.

Thx to Randy & Cameron for payin' the bills up to this point.

Randy,

PayPal paid!

Thanks for everything.

Jim

I'm in.............tell me where to send the paypal B)

You've gotta go to the Members Only section to get his email addy. I just figured this out myself. :lol:

Oh, and I just paid plus a little for the beer fund. There is a beer fund, right??

Done.

Another suggestion- change the line above the blue squares in your sig to reflect you're a paid member, in th ehopes it will inspire others to do the same.

Remember to re-up this time next year!

Done.

Another suggestion- change the line above the blue squares in your sig to reflect you're a paid member, in th ehopes it will inspire others to do the same.

Great idea

Money sent via Paypal....Thanks for all you do Randy

money sent via paypal, plus a little for beer fund. Thanks randy

xxx

money sent via paypal, plus a little for beer fund. Thanks randy

+1 :unsure:

A suggestion for those paying with paypal, you can eliminate the fee if you select the "Personal" pay method. It will ask you if it is for a "Gift", "Money owed" etc. Of course I'm sure Randy and the organization would appreciate any extra donation. Sending mine in now.

Done.

Good idear......PAID

Membership plus - sent via paypal....Thanks again Randy & website

Hey all, when you use the Paypal, please include your site USERNAME, this way I can easily keep track of who is who......thanks !