Hi,

I am noob so excuse me if it is posted anywhere else. If so point me to the right place and delete this topic.

Having made the mistake of not resizing my attached pictures I know that if I delete them I'll have to re-upload them. They must be sitting in some folder in the server accessible by FTP and my assumption is that if I re-upload the links pointing to them will be broken. I could not find a way to upload them.

My suggestion is to make that folder accessible or to at a way in "Manage my attachments" to bring the to size compliance. For the same price we could add another to bring them to archive size and resize them to the minimum.

If disk space is an issue let me know if donating hard discs would help? ATA, SATA, SCSI and what physical size.

Well basically there are a couple ways to do this...

(I realize this may be a little redundant for you, but might help someone else too)

The easiest way would be to upload your photos to a free online photo storage/gallery:

MyPhotoAlbum
* Picassa
* Picture Trail
* Image Shack
* FlickR

Once you've done that, instead of ATTACHING an image to your post, you simply add a link TO the photo on the site you choose to upload. Most of these sites allow you to choose the size in which you want to display them. You just drop your image link between 'image tags' as shown below.

Image Linking: (Doing this would actually make the image show up right in the post, you would not see a link)

[img=http://stregalicious.com/moto/lab2v08/misc/lab2v-strega01-med2.jpg]

Another way is to host the pics on someone else's website, like mine, and get FTP access to dump pics and just link from there.

If you or anyone else needs help, please don't hesitate to PM me anytime :)

I use photobucket, another free one... I also set it up to automatically re-size photos to a size easily seen on most computers

I use photobucket, another free one... I also set it up to automatically re-size photos to a size easily seen on most computers

Me too except I use Irfanview, a free editor to resize the photos before I up load them.

It's also much kinder to our SDAR hosts to use a linking service rather than their server space by using attachments.

It's also much kinder to our SDAR hosts to use a linking service rather than their server space by using attachments.

I didn't know it was hosted by Internet Express, that makes sense. I am sure they charge for disc usage even if it has become ridiculously cheap.

You're attachments are easily managed.........read the Help section to find out how. Or, at the bottom of your post when you open to edit, you'll see the attachments window.......there you can delete your attachments.

Everything should be explained in the HELP section.

I have no problem sticking to the rules. I already deleted all my attachments. I am not complaining ;) just suggesting a new feature. Not really that important, I admit. That why I said 'nice to have'.