I'll have to ask rich where there get there standards, something like the city uses? "the green book" the standard drawings book. Do they have to be 3-4 feet tall.

Perhaps I just haven't been paying that much attention, but I don't believe the Arrowhead OHV trails have water bars... I realize it's not the same National Forest (Cleveland -vs- San Bernardino), but it is another national forest. That being said, I have seen some pretty nasty erosion going on up there. I'm not saying they're bad, just questioning the standards/regulations that require them is all...

I'll help. I have a fine lopper-majiggy tool and I'm even willing to work during peak heat if someone doesn't mind rolling me into the shade when I pitch over from sunstroke.

It's not just Kalifornia, I was on the Great Western in Utah and they had WB jumps near the top of hills. This must be mindless boilerplate standards put in place by mindless boilerplate enviormentalist. VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

It's not just Kalifornia, I was on the Great Western in Utah and they had WB jumps near the top of hills. This must be mindless boilerplate standards put in place by mindless boilerplate enviormentalist. VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

Yah... F%^&* Those anti-errosion liberals!

:);)

BC

I'd say we don't do too much and leave it as one of the more challenging trails in the area... After "paving" Kiernan North and Spur Meadow, and our wonderful mountain biking friends "grooming" our adopted portion of Kernan, we need to keep a few real black diamond trails...

I agree, I will mention to Richard, we can't keep grooming some of the better trails, otherwise they won't be challenging !

Mickey and I rode trail 7 again this past weekend. The bigger ruts are gone (weather? unofficial maintenance?). I don't think it needs all that much work. Mostly a little trimming (just a little, some of the "tightness" adds to the enjoyment) of bushes. There are a couple rocky sections that are challenging, but I'd hate to see too much done to "improve" it. Mostly just needs to be ridden a bit more to "keep it in shape" if you know what I mean...

It's a great little trail, and the fact that it isn't used much makes it that much more enjoyable than the over-used, rhino widthed, dusty, whooped out other trails up there...

I revieved this Email from Jan McGarvie today... I thought I would pass this on Randy and SDAR to chew on especially this being a bike forum and all... The Young Rider Training Area is for the use for young motorcycle riders instruction and practice. Richard is also in the process of building a closed loop for the big boys to warm up on... :drinks: We dont want to call it a track, but you get the drift...

Folks,

We need to schedule a work day for the new Young Rider Training Area at Corral Canyon. The following dates are possibilities:

Sunday Sept. 20

Sunday Sept. 27

Saturday Oct. 17

Sunday Oct. 18

We will work from 8 am to noon. A picnic lunch will be provided. As usual, you can bring your toys and play in the afternoon if you like.

Scheduled work includes:

Removing existing old fence that dissects the open area.

Weed clearing where the new fence will be located.

Put in fence posts (time permitting).

We suggest wearing long pants and sturdy shoes. Bring gloves and eye protection. If you prefer using your own weed trimmer you can bring it. Richard says they have 4 or 5 that we can use.

Please let me know which date you or your group prefers. The date with the most responses will be announced soon so you can mark your calendars.

Contact Jan McGarvie at 619.561.3877 or Jan@McGarvie.us.

I'd Love to help....I prefer Sat Oct. 17th, but will try to make it whenever.....as a land surveyor, I've done a bit of line clearing in my career....I'll try to watch for a post on the work day?

ill come out and help out. We rode trail 7 this weekend and it was overgrown with poison oak and manzanita. I'll probably be all itchy tomorrow after riding through there. I didn't realize it was closed until we got to the bottom and saw the sign. There is an unofficial entrance off of 3a. We went most of the way down 3a when 6 jeeps blocked the trail and we cut over to 7. That trail is pretty challenging going up hill and could use a little bush wackin and it will be great.

See the Corral Canyon updates in the Members Only Trails Forum, for a new update from the Ranger in charge of Corral Canyon.