dirt dame

All American KTM Memorial Day ride

Thanks to Brent for putting on a great ride, RJ for opening his shop for our ride, and the gang from Acerbis for coming up and showing off their products and handing out some freebies. And thanks to all the riders that showed up for the ride and helped make it a really nice day for one and all.

I'll post more details and some pictures later. :angry:

I took the liberty to copy 2 posts here to ride reports about today's ride so you would not have to search several posts for the ride report. I hope that is ok.

Whata day. My old body hurts...trying to sooth it with Colorado Kool Aide.

Thanks for all who helped me today.

Here's a link to my SPOT GPS thingy map page: https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/v...XqWKJyhHgIPtqja

The password is kawi.

It's a standard Google map with locations sent during the ride by the SPOT. It's supposed to send a location every 10 minutes, but it doesn't seem to work that way all the time.

Locations 17 to 32 were today's ride. Earlier locations are from a street bike ride on Sunday.

Phill

Great ride today! Thank you to the guys at All American KTM for their hospitality today.

This was my first ride with SDAR and you guys are top knotch! Had a great time!

Mike

Thanks a boatload to Brent, RJ, and all the folks at AAKTM!

Great to ride with y'all today. Lots of new faces and a few old ones (like mine and KLRoger's :lol: BTW, shouldn't you change your handle to something like "letsomebodyridemyHuskyandtheybrokeitsoIboughtanewanddifferentmodelbikebutstillnotaKTM-Roger" B):lol::lol: Good to see you again buddy ;) )

Anyways... good times and a great way to commerate those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to maintain our freedom salute.gif

Many Thank You's to Brent & RJ at All American KTM and all the other folks that made this a great ride! It was nice meeting and riding with many of you from SDAR today. Here are a few pics from the day's festivities:

-Alan

It was a great ride, thanks to all that showed up- and there were a LOT!

Special thanks to Strega for hanging around doing the sweeping. It was slow work, but it was fun and rewarding.

AAKTM- thank you!

Thanks for everyone that planned and set up for this event, I had great time.

The dust made it tough at times, so sorry for going slow.

Five of us split off from the group and had a good ride up to La Jolla Indian Reservation and back down through Mesa Grande.

The CHP informed me that they did not approve of my bike on my way home though.

The short list included the following:

No left side mirror

Unable to use gps as speedo

License plate mounted wrong

No license plate light

Rear turn signals mounted too close together

No horn

Covers installed on lights

But he was cool and let me off with a warning....

Bobby

Here are some pics. :lol:

The morning started off cool and cloudy. There was an excellent turnout of riders.

100_1814.jpg

Our good buddies from Acerbis came out to the event.

100_1816.jpg

They brought plenty of goodies to show off and some to give away too.

100_1815.jpg

Andrea is shown here waving a patriotic colored donut.

100_1819.jpg

KTM patriarch mixing with the gang....

100_1823.jpg

Who's the leader of the ride that's made for you and me.....

100_1824.jpg

Riders meeting.

100_1827.jpg

More photos to come. :lol:

Out on the backroads.

Near Lake Sutherland.

100_1832.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1834.jpg

100_1836.jpg

At a junction.

100_1837.jpg

End of the road.

100_1840.jpg

Our sweepers roll in merrily waving.

100_1842.jpg

Top of a hill.

100_1844.jpg

At the end of Lusardi.

100_1852.jpg

Lone all Italian machine....

100_1859.jpg

Up on the other side of Pamo road on Orosco Ridge.

100_1861.jpg

We then went to the Amerient restaurant for lunch.

100_1862.jpg

I think we all ordered American.

100_1863.jpg

That's what I get for handing my camera to other people. :lol:

100_1864.jpg

Brent in his best Sunday-go-to-meeting tee shirt. I think that the smile is stuck on his face.

100_1865.jpg

There was only one waitress in the place and we ran her ragged trying to get everybody served.

100_1868.jpg

100_1869.jpg

But, I finally got my sandwich before everybody else was done. :lol:

100_1870.jpg

It was another great day with too many people to even keep track of.

Thanks for 5 great hours of riding.

Thanks

SDAR!!!!!

Brent the ride planner/prerunner, Neil Tour guide, AAKTM RJ Host and all the other Fantastic Riders. It was fun riding is a large group down Ramona main street.

Beezzz

That was the biggest group of dualsport riders I have ever seen to show up for a local day ride. :lol:

And it was the perfect type of ride for that size group.

Yeah was a good setup for so many people. Was nice to meet and see a lot of new and old faces.

Special thanks to the Organizers and of course to Fakey and Strega and KLRRoger for sweeping

It was interesting to say the least doing the ride on the 90/10 street/dirt tires. While it was fun to goose it going uphill and bring the rear out the sand and downhill = no braking without the rear wheel locking up. Looking forward to future rides with all american ktm!

Special thanks to the Organizers and of course to Fakey and Strega and KLRRoger for sweeping

Jaynen... Fakey and Strega were the sweeps, I'm just really slow. :lol: You did very good with those tires. I can't wait to see what you do with Knobbies.

Thanks to RJ for letting us use his store, and giving us the OJ, Coffee and donuts. Thanks to Brent for setting this little ride up. If some how you missed this ride I would strongly recommend you go to Brent’s next ride.

Thanks to all that attended, a special thanks goes out to Rodger and Paul :lol:;) our sweepers. They stepped up to the plate with no regard to their own speed needs. Thanks to all of our local sponcors who hooked us up with a bit of swag. One Industries, GPR Stabilizers, Acerbis USA, and the one m.i.a. vender was Baja Designs. It turns out that Diego forgot to put the box on the big brown truck last week. But he still gets props anyway. Thanks to Andrea and Bonnie form Coach to Ride for joining us, It was great to see your "KT-YAMA" out on the trail. I really enjoy riding with all of you. This was the first time I have ever lead that many people on an excursion. Oh yah thanks to Hobiee and Neil Cook for backing me up on the lead when I was poppin photos, and getting the gates. I look forward to doing another one. We are kicking around the idea of a desert night ride, or maybe a CC to PV night run (always fun). I enjoyed seeing all the smiles under the 2.5 lbs of dust on everones faces. I hope to see you all soon. Thanks again for all that attended, even those who only came for the doughnuts, and coffee(OB) :lol: See ya soon, now the impotant part...........

HI EVERBODY!

P5240332.jpg

MMMMM COFFEE

P5240335.jpg

P5240337.jpg

Backside of southerland DAM road

P5240339.jpg

P5240340.jpg

P5240344.jpg

P5240347.jpg

GREAT FORM :lol:

P5240348.jpg

P5240351.jpg

P5240352.jpg

End of the Truck trail, Before our assent to the summit.

P5240354.jpg

Keeping the trail clear of fodder! mostly just kicking the parts out of the trail that keep falling off of the Jap machines!

P5240359.jpg

P5240363.jpg

P5240366.jpg

more to come.......

BC

PART TWO....

P5240367.jpg

P5240368.jpg

Great view

P5240369.jpg

P5240371.jpg

Braaap Braaap!

P5240372.jpg

P5240376.jpg

P5240377.jpg

P5240378-1.jpg

P5240381.jpg

P5240382.jpg

P5240383.jpg

P5240384.jpg

MMMMMM CHEEESBURGER!

P5250385.jpg

Last shot of the day. Hope you all had fun, I did! Great ride, great company, great food. hope we can all do it again soon

Thanks to all

Brent

That was the biggest group of dualsport riders I have ever seen to show up for a local day ride. :lol:

And it was the perfect type of ride for that size group.

Awesome! :lol: ......glad so many of you came out to support the ride/shop :lol:

Thanks R.J./Brent for hosting the event.

Thanks to all that attended, a special thanks goes out to Rodger and Paul :lol::lol: our sweepers. They stepped up to the plate with no regard to their own speed needs.

Roger too. :lol:

It was fun- we stayed out of the dust, and had our own speed runs a few times.

regrets.....this one ranks up there....damn. :lol:

decisions to do things with family....ppppffffttttttttttttttttttt :lol:

NEXT TIME I AM IN!!!

Blind :lol:....kicking myself for not "just going" ....wanted to surf..... didn't :lol:

A huge thanks to Brent and RJ, Bruce for putting on a great ride look forward to the next one.

THANKS OZ

Thanks to all for your help, when I drew first blood! I can't remember everyone's real names but you know who you are! Thanks for all the help getting my upside down bike out of that ditch! New shift lever will be mine manana!

Thanks again for putting on such a fun ride! Sorry to hold everyone up for a bit there!

Nice meeting everyone and thanks for helping my Dad N I feel so welcome!

Clint

Brent, thanks for the having me go along with you guys and lead the first part of the leg, I had a blast. Aaron and BeeZee had fun when we split off on a torture test ride. Great ride with great people. Thanks Neal Wish me luck going off to the Sierras for 8 day in less then 2 weeks.

Thanks for a great ride.

XTSTEVE :ph34r:

hey rescue truck #2 you're back! I thought I recognized this guy, but thought naw it couldn't be.

100_1861.jpg

FYI.....I rode down Pamo road to black canyon truck trail last night. There is a scraper out there that has scraped the trail all the way to the top.

The road is very rocky with lots of silt now. Does not make fun riding.

But, on a good note....Lusardi has not been touched (yet)