Hello to all my fellow riders,

I am thinking of starting a ride aout of ramona on moday ( may 25). We where just kicking the idea around, and would like to get some feed back from you all. I am not so versed on the trails in the northern part of our county, but would be willing to defer that part of the ride on to someone who does.

My intention was to start here at the shop, and migrate thourgh the mountians ( hopefully all off road ) and then over the hills to Laguna's and down to campo, maybe? It would be great to do an extended ride with lots of picture opportunities, as well as obsticals.

Let me know what you think.... we have a whole week to get it together.

Word!

Brent

Let me think about it and i will get back to you on this one

Ah ok i'm in!

My intention was to start here at the shop, and migrate thourgh the mountians ( hopefully all off road ) and then over the hills to Laguna's and down to campo, maybe? It would be great to do an extended ride with lots of picture opportunities, as well as obsticals.

Lot's of private property/gates between Ramona and Julian/Lagunas......unfortunately, the bulk of a terrain on a ride in that direction would *probably* have to be ON ROAD......and all the way to Campo?........that would be a pretty darn big/long loop out of Ramona....

Well if that's the case then, does anyone have a loop plan we can do that can start from AAKTM? I need to ride some of the northern stuff. I can only get you as far as the Ramona Dump <_< That would just be a sucky ride!

I would even be up for a little road, but would like to have that lead to some great trails. I will have coffee and doughnuts for all that show, once we figure out what to do?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

BC

All the loops that I can think of require quite a bit of pavement. Up to Julian, out Sunrise highway, down Deerpark, east on old 80 to Kitchen Creek road, up Thing Valley and back onto Sunrise. That's a favorite of mine.

Well if that's the case then, does anyone have a loop plan we can do that can start from AAKTM?

I'd suggest you swing out to Black Canyon Bridge and then ride "Bagstr's loop" in either direction (we went counter clockwise last time):

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ost&p=44517

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4669

It's not a technical ride/loop but it IS suitable for ALL bikes/ALL riders and perhaps a good inaugural ride to lead from the shop...........sort of depends on what you're after - all inclusive or more advanced.........

Other options for future rides -

Cut through Anza and head up to Idyllwild via Thomas Mtn Rd.......hit the single track up near Idyllwild.......drop back down to Hemet.....up Hixon (which is probably pretty beat up after this past weekend's Dualies Charity Ride).......down Allesandro (or not)........then make your way back towards Ramona........but that second option involves A LOT of time, pavement, and some nasty sections.........it's probably too long of a ride/day for a bigger group and some folks might not be comfortable with some portions of the ride......I'll take you up there some other time.....

From Black Canyon Bridge - cut around Lake Sutherland and ride up to Wynola, across Rodriguez or Rodriguez Spur.....down to S2, 78, Grapevine/Jasper/Culp......left on S22 back towards Ramona.......but I think it's getting pretty damn hot to ride that loop or a variation of that loop:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2417

Another longer one would be Black Mountain,(EDIT-I meant to say Black Canyon road <_< ) road over to Lake Henshaw, then out past Warner Springs, up Lost Valley, over to Anza, then to Santa Rosa Mtn. (never been there) Maybe over the top of Thomas Mountain on the way back.

I'm making myself tired even thinking about that one.

Another longer one would be Black Mountain road over to Lake Henshaw, then out past Warner Springs, up Lost Valley, over to Anza, then to Santa Rosa Mtn. (never been there) Maybe over the top of Thomas Mountain on the way back.

Lets talk more on this.... I have never run any of this!

Another longer one would be Black Mountain road over to Lake Henshaw, then out past Warner Springs, up Lost Valley, over to Anza, then to Santa Rosa Mtn. (never been there) Maybe over the top of Thomas Mountain on the way back.

By the way, I meant to say Black Canyon, not Black Mountain road.

The unknown/unridden can be fun too........sometimes ya just gotta......

wingit1.jpg

I'm interested. Finally a ride on a day I don't have to work.

Just gotta know when & where to start.

Phill

The unknown/unridden can be fun too........sometimes ya just gotta......

wingit1.jpg

wow Mr Crawford you are really bringing me back with this one! Man i oh i mean we are gettin old

Lets go coleman get this thing toegther so we can ride! I have the gps track for the loop Mr Crawford suggested.

Lets go coleman get this thing toegther so we can ride! I have the gps track for the loop Mr Crawford suggested.

You better knock it off with that "Mr. Crawford" sh*t.......I already feel old enough.... :lol:

You better knock it off with that "Mr. Crawford" sh*t.......I already feel old enough.... :lol:

Yes Sir Mr. Crawford Sir!!! :P

Sure thing! That sounds like the deal. I have been talking to Bruce E. about the trails, sounds like one of the gates might be locked! I will try to go check it out in the AM. But if all is good, that will be the route we take!

We will have a box of shwag from our favorite venders to give out. The items will go to the most prepared bag ( or fanny pack...so 80's), most bling on bike, first blood on the ride, oldest bike and so on.

See you all here on Monday. 8:00am. Coffee and doughnuts, we will do a walk through the groupe, and decide on the door prizes then we will hit the trail by 9:00 am.

See ya all at All American KTM

Thanks

BC

What kind of terrain are we looking at here? I am interested in checking it out but need to know if I should leave my "street tard" tires on or if I need to have knobbies on for this one

Oh and what kind of fuel range?

Are there any trails that would start in Ramona area (past dump) and go to the top of Palomar? That would be fun!

What kind of terrain are we looking at here? I am interested in checking it out but need to know if I should leave my "street tard" tires on or if I need to have knobbies on for this one

the last ride on this same track if its what we stick to was done with no problems by several bikes with street tires including the now famous royal enfield. i made the gas stop in anza with my stock fuel tank on my 450 exc, i think it was about 60 miles to the gas stop, then about 75 or so on the way home maybe more but i made it fine back to ramona.

I'm really interested in the ride, but I need some help with getting a new bike ready!

Hit me up at the shop in the AM. I will do what ever I can to help...What bike are you working with?

760-788-7733

Brent

the last ride on this same track if its what we stick to was done with no problems by several bikes with street tires including the now famous royal enfield. i made the gas stop in anza with my stock fuel tank on my 450 exc, i think it was about 60 miles to the gas stop, then about 75 or so on the way home maybe more but i made it fine back to ramona.

If that is indeed the case I should be fine not swapping and also on fuel range then I usually get 80 before reserve but I burned a lot of fuel on Crawdaddys DS ride but was a lot of 3rd gear stuff for me

I'm interested. Finally a ride on a day I don't have to work.

Just gotta know when & where to start.

Phill

We are stating from All American KTM in Ramona. Our original plan was to meet at or near 8:00am for tea and crumpets, then after some bench talk, and typical moto head ribbing..............We ride!

Hope to see ya

BC

872 Main St.

Ramona CA 92065

I will be there, Brent maybe you can tell what was really done to my bike at your shop. It is Nolan Colwells old 525 exc with a 610? kit in it? Hope to see you there, might have to put on a new tire though.