carguy

Pay to be, membership site

I would love to get involved opening the top of Mason Truck Trail to Hwy79.

Dave

Boy, that would be great. I'd want to know how to get in on that.

Bagstr,

What is the situation with 79 access and Mason Valley Road? That is an upcoming ride planned for me.

Beezzz

How about an address to send a donation of your choice (or a paypal option...whatever the case may be). The members that are into it, use the site and realize the usefulness will send donations.

Although most would want to keep it free, I would also pay. Hell I pay for BMWOCSD, BMWMCOA adn others I don't get much from although BMWOCSD is more active, I spend much more time w/the dirt guys (its why I bought a ADV bike).

A yearly fee (similar to most) w/a meeting every now and then, maybe a shirt, some cheap arse stickers and community involvement/area involvement may be worth it. Tax deductible and may actually give the organization a formal voice...not that it needs one. Just my .02 and I just returned from the Highland games, so I have a few pints and scotch's on me...

Frankly....seriously: I look at Ventura County Adventure Riders and am impressed with what they do as a group, the training involved (even at cost) and the organization with or without a specific bike emphasis. This club could although under a ADV rider title is mostly made up of dualsport (fast as hell single track riders) with a few large bike riders...or from what I have read thats how the rides have gone. Why not bring the two together, cater to both who obviously want to take the road less traveled and use their bikes for what they purchased them for....

I love that you guys have had Tech Night, etc, i think that rocks.

So, off my soapbox,,I actually fell into it. Anyway, yeah, i would pay as would most of us I think that have ridden but a newcomer may not, so whats in it for them.......An intro maybe.

I jsut ran out of beer, off to the beach to see my lady play proam volleyball

I like the simplicity here of no dues, etc, BUT I'd also be more than happy to donate and I'd also volunteer to work for new rides, help organize, research, seek out permits, permission , whatever is needed....

I appreciate all the work that you organizers put in to making a great site....(I didn't even know we could send donations ...guess I'll look that up),...

So please let everyone know what is needed, what we can do, etc, and I expect that alot of members are like me, and would be happy to support informally, so you can still keep it simple..

And thanks for all the information and nudges to write, when letters are needed to the State, Feds, etc....personally, I try to send as many letters out as possible to keep the trails open...( I recently received emails back from the Governor, Senator and assemblyman...not sure they really listen, but we have to try)

As mentioned before, if you'd like to donate, please send me a PM and I'll give you an address of Paypal.

thanks

Above post was in response to the recent inquiry about making donations.

thanks folks,

You can help on adopt a trail and support clubs like SDORC, AMA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Corva and many others. Please continue to support your right to ride and protect it.

Donations to support cost of website maintenance is always appreciated.

OK, I guess I would pay a small fee to be a member here as long as I get a membership sticker. Definitely do NOT want to see any ads on the website. I like the simplicity and freedom that we have now without the influence and restrictions that advertizers would bring with it.

Just my 2 cents worth that is really not worth that much in these tough economic times...

OK, I guess I would pay a small fee to be a member here as long as I get a membership sticker. Definitely do NOT want to see any ads on the website. I like the simplicity and freedom that we have now without the influence and restrictions that advertizers would bring with it.

Just my 2 cents worth that is really not worth that much in these tough economic times...

There will NOT be any mandatory membership fees.

We MAY develop a separate page for advertising.........not sure yet, we'll see. If we do, it won't be on the front page or on the forums page.