hiker of questionable nationality, slosher kicks ass, and a broken clutch cable slows down slut... Film at 11

Nice day out there. Just enough wind to handle the dust, 70's, clear. Can't ask for better weather.

I took a few shots

Here's sandiegoland sliding down a hill

800IMG_0587.JPG

Roostingu on Kernan

800IMG_0591.JPG

SDAR Trailhead

800IMG_0594.JPG

Great view from the top

800IMG_0595.JPG

without a bike in the shot, take your pick

800IMG_0596.JPG

Slosher on the slicks

800IMG_0598.JPG

Sandiegoland

800IMG_0599.JPG

Here's why we wear good boots, imagine center punching a rock with Timberlands on?

800IMG_0601.JPG

Fun ride, can't think of a better way to spend a Monday...

hiker of questionable nationality, slosher kicks ass, and a broken clutch cable slows down slut... Film at 11

P2020007e.jpg

Here's why we wear good boots, imagine center punching a rock with Timberlands on?

Another comparison shot of the hit...

post-101-1233628310_thumb.jpg

Another comparison shot of the hit...

post-101-1233628310_thumb.jpg

What was that trail number? It was a little set of rock steps. Erick launched off the left side where you could clear the rocks, but that would've been a hell of a landing for me with the stock suspension set up for someone about 45 lbs lighter than me... :lol:

P2020007e.jpg

so... he wants a ride to Interstate 8... uh... we're not really set up for passengers (cept SDL... but I wasn't going to sell him out), plus you don't have a helmet... THAT'S AGAINST STATE LAW! ;)

So... he's almost out of water... yeah; I'll fill up your bottle for you

So... he wants to know how far to the freeway... uh.... NINE miles... on 20 oz of water... hope that works out for you :lol:

Erick gave him some food... we called one of 15 different numbers in Modesto, although I suspect the prefix is a pretty important thing... and he didn't have any

I stopped at the BP checkpoint on Old 80, and suggested they go get him, or help him, as the case may be... they were already "chasing him down a hill", so I suspect either he got a second wind and started jogging, or was running from them due to his questionable nationality...

NOW... before ya'll jump down my throat... I have mixed feelings about the whole episode, but I sure as hell don't want a "coyote" conviction on my record, and I sure as hell don't want anybody to die from the heat stress... which seemed like two real options...

Its OK. Its totally different when you are face to face with any human.

Well after you left my navagation skills are questionable made it to 6 but at bobcat I think I messed up, anyway took slosher up some really nasty stuff, but he and sandiegoland came through unscathed, picked up 1 after a while then down to the entrance to kernan where Sandiegoland and slosher peeled off, got back to the trucks about 2pm we did approx 45mile some of the best excercise I have had for some time. :lol:

Looked something like this?

CIMG3663.jpg

CIMG3670.jpg

CIMG3673.jpg

I suspect THAT would be trail 9... we refer to that as crankcase now, after the BC330 awesome ride...

actually, that looks a little like the trail that crosses one... Trail 8 maybe? That straight edge up top has me confused

Well, I had almost as much fun staying home taking care of business. No, I didn't. I still took some "ride photos" since I would have rather been riding.

Palm tree started like this.

P1010001.jpg

Ended up like this.

P1010002.jpg

Oil change.

P1010003.jpg

Did you know that if you bring home a Datsun, your wife just says "Fine, do whatever you want." Sweet! Whatever I want! It's not mine yet but I won't tell her if I have carte blanche now.

P1010006.jpg

All these parts came out from under that hood. Hope I know how to put them back?

P1010004.jpg

Here's the problem.

P1010005.jpg

I would have rather gone riding, but it was productive. Next time!

...we're not really set up for passengers (cept SDL... but I wasn't going to sell him out), plus you don't have a helmet...

No pegs... plus my large posterior...

No worries. You can't assist anyone to break the law, but out there sustaining life comes first. When you are that far from the highway there is plenty of time to sort things out.

Treat people with respect (they'll do the same for you when you are in their country). 4 out of 5 times if they show themselves to you they will ask you to call "La Migra" before you even ask.

Tom; is that Z yours?

I'm working on it, and working on talking the guy into selling it to me.

No matter what you had a great day on the trails and you helped out another human being.

I have found boat loads of people all over the seas from all kind of places, no matter how hard core you might think you are, there comes a time when that

human side comes out and you help anyone in trouble.

Good thing you didnt have a hang nail when you kicked that rock.

Hmmmmm Z cars

82 righthand drive,streached 6 speed man, fuelie turbo. damn i miss my Zs

I'm pretty sure none of us thinks we're hard sore... Er... CORE... I think we handled that situation as well as we could. The ride was good, up until the cable break... It was still ok after that, but, for me, it made me think a lot more, instead of just riding...

Z cars; my step-dad raced slalom in one back in the 70's... Very tricked out, and he spent a lot of time farkling the car, and going to local races...

Anyone else sore?

No, but I did stop at a Holiday Inn Express on the way home to take a nap... <_<

Nice photos!

My thumb is sore. I smashed it closing my ramp after loading my bike. Now, I get to watch the purple spot and guage how fast my thumb nail really grows.

We missed you guys by a day.....Rachel, my friend Jim and I were out there on Saturday having a blast. CC was perfect on Saturday and it looks like Sunday was nice too.

Big thanks to tntmo for lending the mighty DR350 to Jim. <_<

He did very well in the tight stuff for a guy who is used to riding R1's instead of dualsports. He wants one now B)

Hope to catch up with you all on the next one.

Aaron

bs the pic is not of the trail we were on, it was simular in the respect of rocks but it was very steep, I was looking at the map and it don't think it was 8 or the map shows a trail out of bobcat between 8 and 9 with no number that intersects with 1. At bobcat there was a trail that went straight up a hill which was to the right another that broke off the left and one in the middle that is the on we took, it was fairly steep right away with a lot of tall rocks that were outcropping not loose, we did go down the step that we avoided on the way out? Next time I will carry the map.

On another subject the man on the way, was doing what he thought was the best for him and his family, the part I don't understand is our government and how they say you must come to our country lawfully, but then when the do make it in illegally they provide services to them, it is a mixed message. <_<

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...62156&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...38003&hl=en

Sandiegoland did those pics of the whoops turn out?

bs the pic is not of the trail we were on, it was simular in the respect of rocks but it was very steep, I was looking at the map and it don't think it was 8 or the map shows a trail out of bobcat between 8 and 9 with no number that intersects with 1. At bobcat there was a trail that went straight up a hill which was to the right another that broke off the left and one in the middle that is the on we took, it was fairly steep right away with a lot of high rocks that were outcropping not loose, we did go down the step that we avoided on the way out? Next time I will carry the map.

On another subject the man on the way, was doing what he thought was the best for him and his family, the part I don't understand is our government and how they say you must come to our country lawfully, but then when the do make it in illegally they provide services to them, it is a mixed message. <_<

sounds like trail 9... my second favorite trail at Corral after kernan... it can be a little tough, but, as i gave slosher some unsolicited advice earlier... when in doubt, throttle out. Trail 9 is actually easier fast than it is slow...trail one goes straight and left... 8 goes to the right, and 9 goes straight/left... it eventually does intersect with trail two towards the other campground