Sign in to follow this  
klrscoob

trail up back side of banner grade?

I have heard some of you talk about a trail that goes up the backside of banner grade. Where does it start and end. Also, anyone know of a trail from borrego to the warner springs / anza area. I am looking to try some new areas and these seem interesting. GPS tracks anyone?

thanks

I have heard some of you talk about a trail that goes up the backside of banner grade. Where does it start and end. Also, anyone know of a trail from borrego to the warner springs / anza area. I am looking to try some new areas and these seem interesting. GPS tracks anyone?

thanks

are you referring to oriflamme? That's a big trail, suitable for any DS bike... I only "know" the trail going down... near Banner store there is a trailhead on the opposite side of the road... just a bit "west" is how I would describe it... unlocked gate; shut it after you pass. Most of these trails are on the AB maps.

That trail takes you down... I don't keep GPS tracks, cuz, I'm well... what's the word?.... STUPID! That's it!

The "other" trail is only talked about in hushed tones, and with a fair amount of finger pointing and chuckles. :)

(Take OPTION ONE)

thanks

are you referring to oriflamme? That's a big trail, suitable for any DS bike... I only "know" the trail going down... near Banner store there is a trailhead on the opposite side of the road... just a bit "west" is how I would describe it... unlocked gate; shut it after you pass. Most of these trails are on the AB maps.

That trail takes you down... I don't keep GPS tracks, cuz, I'm well... what's the word?.... STUPID! That's it!

The "other" trail is only talked about in hushed tones, and with a fair amount of finger pointing and chuckles. :)

(Take OPTION ONE)

The trail splits at Rodriguez and both trails take you down to S2 south of Blair Valley.

This sounds like a fun trail. If you want some company, and can schedule this for a Sunday ride, i'd join you. I'm a novice with a big 650.

I've seen that trail from the Banner store on Google Earth and it's on my list of places to go. Let me know when you plan to ride it and I can probably join you.

Steve

thanks