HacksawPete

I don't get it

Here's a very short clip from today's Sprint enduro.      Can some of the race guys on here offer an opinion on what happened here.    I interpreted the "race officials" were directing me to go to my right but the track is straight ahead, and they all know it.   Did I get some bad directions here?     in the first two seconds of this video, I see two race officials pointing to my right.  I lost a 1:32 by going up the road.  A friend of mine argued with the guy and got through.  Was I just an idiot to not argue with them?  I thought we were supposed to do what they say?  There might have been a rider down ahead on the trail but I didn't see anyone.   All of these guys knew where I was supposed to go.   I don't get it?   

Other than that, the race was really good.   Good challenging terrain and marked pretty well.   Two thumbs up for Hill Toppers MC

• Sad 1

I can see how it looks like the official is trying to tell you to go right but it also looks as though they were working a road crossing. Like he was trying to stop cross traffic to allow you to continue on the course. Notice the other bike coming at you after you made the right turn. Either way that was some poor signaling by the official. 

• Like 1

if its not a check point, I don't even see anyone, I cant figure that guy out either. was there a course A and C loop break? I would not have even slowed down.