Riggerdan

Corral Canyon - Friday 01/11/19

In an effort to get back in shape and ride more in 2019

Parking at the cul de sac in Pine Valley for a run up Bear Valley to 4 corners ride some single track and head back.

welcome to join if interested 

KSU @ 0730 

Non Plated / small bike for me

3 hours-ish

can do B-fast in PV 

Possible. Confirm later

What is this, "run," you speak of? I thought this is why we all have motorcycles, specifically ADV/Duel sport, so we don't have to be physically fit? We look cooler on a bike then in one of those hover-round chairs.... hahahaha. 

There is a Moto gate at the Pine Valley culdesac. They closed the gate to keep the 4x4s out during wet conditions. 

You can get to Coral via Kernan. Gates are closed to 4x4 there as well as of last weekend 

Are Adventure Passes still enforced there in the cul-de-sac? I need a new one for 2019. I'll have an additional-vehicle pass tomorrow as well.

If you guys wait at the turns....

1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

Are Adventure Passes still enforced there in the cul-de-sac? I need a new one for 2019. 

Always wait for you P

Gives us time to change the air filter & rotate the tires..

Think my pass is still good?

1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

Are Adventure Passes still enforced there in the cul-de-sac? I need a new one for 2019. I'll have an additional-vehicle pass tomorrow as well.

I would like the use of your pass Paul if it is still up for grabs. 

18 hours ago, Jdawg said:

Interesting how rangers give different answers.   I have been told more than once if the gate is locked it is closed to any and all “motorized” vehicles, regardless of wheels that touch the ground.  They informed me that this was to reduce damage by motorized vehicles.  

That said, I always abide when I see a locked gate as it negatively impacts us all if we bypass it.

Talked with the Ranger last weekend as he checked us for spark arestors.They put the small gate in for us to use when it’s wet. 

He was kind of proud of it. 

All good. 

I think it was totally cool that they did that. When they first changed it, just bikes could get thru. Then they moved that section over to allow quad’s to get thru now too. 

9 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Awesome to see they did that with the gate

Pretty awesome to see this. This is what positive relations with the Rangers look like.  They really do appreciate the trail maintenance and positive attitude we have towards the  riding area. Hopefully we will be opening another trail in the near future.  

• Like 1

I liked it better when it was like this

4AEBFDB4-369E-48DC-8486-466046B647D0.png We were there a few weeks back before they changed it and the gate was locked, the Ranger drove up. Started talking about access, told him I’d do it right then for free as I had a sawzall.  The next week we went back and they had done this. 

2 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

Pretty awesome to see this. This is what positive relations with the Rangers look like.  They really do appreciate the trail maintenance and positive attitude we have towards the  riding area. Hopefully we will be opening another trail in the near future.  

:thumbsup_anim: