erik_26

Yamaha Part Question

I need 4 of these bad boys or girls.... doesn't matter, as long as they're bad (not in the literal sense).

NUT - 90179-05003-00 - by Yamaha

90179-05003-00 NUT

Anyways, what the heck is this thing called? It is a nut within a rubber grommet, but they're fused together. Is there an equivalent name for these that can be found at a hardware store or on Amazon?

https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/90179-05003-00?msclkid=e7e72ccae36d1c66696e70fc54b80a87

Some parts you'll have no choice but to buy OEM. In this case, you are talking about $10 worth of parts. I'm not sure how much effort it makes sense to put into finding an alternative????

If you physically have one in your possession, go down to Marshall's Industrial hardware and see if they have them.

Looks like a motorcycle windshield nut, I think sometimes they are called well nuts?  

If you only need four, probably best to just buy them.  Lots of different sized ones out there, here's a set of 25 on Amazon but you'd have to check the size.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Well-Nuts-M5-8-Length/dp/B0040D2P7E/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=89B3MR7996839CNCZS8C

Update:

Correct, they are called Well Nuts, I learned that after using more Google skills. I found #10-24 at the local Lowes. 

tntmo, correct, they are off the windshied. The factory size is M5. 

I also learned they are not reusable. I got a Madstad windshield and brackets, but the factory windshield was in the lower position and I needed my well nuts to be in the upper position.

2 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Well, that’s a deep thought!

...and the hits just keep coming...:lol:

• Like 1

They are called Well-Nuts and you can buy them at Marshall's Hardware off Miramar Road.

Yep, its a well nut, they also get used as a holding tank sensor in some motorhomes, a solar panel anchor on motorhomes, a storage compartment drain plug, and just about anywhere you need an expanding rubber plug type of mount.  I've probably got around 20 of them left over from the last solar install I did.  The ones that I have are probably not the right dimensions or thread size though.