SoCalMule

Motorcycle Training During Sleep Time

This information may test some beliefs as to what is possible; your reaction to this message is your sole responsibility, and has no reflection on me as the presenter. Having said this, I can only share my experience; and I have felt compelled to share this with you all.

For the past two weeks I did an experiment. I heard that we can program our sleep time in a way that it affects our awake time experience. Yes, and I found that this is true. I wanted to contact some of my heroes in the motorcycling world to take me to school as it were. How I did this was as I was in bed, in a completely relaxed state, I asked to meet with Malcom Smith, Adam Reiman, Tim Coleman, Gram Jarvis and a few others. With intension, I planned to meet with these greats during sleep and to learn from them techniques that I could apply to my riding abilities during wake time.

When we dream our physical body stays planted in bed, but we also have an astral body that leaves the physical body and journeys to many places... ie. the dream world. I programed my physical body that stays behind to rearrange the cellular memory and muscle memory to compensate and adapt for the new abilities learned during sleep with these masters. This part is important.

Many throughout history have done this kind of dream work/play and have brought back some pretty amazing results! Einstein for one brought to us the theory of relativity (E=MC2) in a dream, and it took him two years to explain it in a way so that we in the waking world could understand it.This is just one of many examples. 

During my two week experiment with the possible, I noted having dreams of riding off road and handling the bike in amazing ways. I also had dreamless sleep so I don't think it is important that we remember dreams of riding. So...putting this all to practice. Each time during the two week period that I took a ride (in my waking world) on my bike, I found that trails where I used to have less confidence, or was a bit of a challenge for me, were now much easier and fluid for me. It was working! I must have been grinning like a fool under my helmet to the realization of this new found ability! and that this dream programming stuff actually works! I can only say that this process worked for me, and I plan to continue it for not only motorcycling, but anything that comes to mind. It's a playful process; be creative. I figure that such a large time is spent in sleep, why waist it? 

If only one person here finds value in this message, then I am grateful.

Cheers! The Sleepy Mule 💤

• Like 2

I dunno nuthin bout no sleepin thing.

But you've been riding very well!

48 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

I dunno nuthin bout no sleepin thing.

But you've been riding very well!

Having been a Baja roommate of yours, I know that you do a lot of work during your sleep! Maybe put some of that time to "The Creator's favorite Work/Play"...Motorcycles! 

I'm gonna say that I do think our minds are way more capable than we will ever know.  I buy into the story you tell (I've read The Secret, Think and Grow Rich, and others) and I do believe that it can-at a minimum-change at least your thought process.  I don't know how to tell myself to do this before I fall asleep (or even if I will remember to after a couple of glasses of wine!) but I'll take any idea that may make me a better rider!

55 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

I don't know how to tell myself to do this before I fall asleep

I just keep it easy Bruce, when I am relaxed and have minimized the random thoughts, I imagine meeting with my rider of choice during my sleep time and ask "would you please help me out, give me some tips?" after making that connection, I imagine my physical body adapting to the new abilities that I may learn during sleep.

I don't subscribe to the "Secret" type of thoughts...especially those that include "money." If one thinks they "need abundance" or "that they aren't very abundant," than they are already operating from a "place of lack," thus sending that message to the universe, and guess what the happens next? More experiences of lack. Thoughts are things. 

What I am talking about is more like visualization. I humbly request for guidance from those who are awesome riders. It's now my experience that they have responded...pretty cool.

Just a side note: probably alcohol before bed time is not the Rx for this kind of work.  

PS: Bruce, when are you going to include your 2019 KTM 500 exc to your SDAR Bio? She probably feels a bit ignored 🤔

Years ago I had a boss who did not subscribe to any of this stuff.  He would tell those of us who did that he would go to bed and visualize himself becoming "a 6''7" African-American NBA player".  He said that he thought that was the same thing we were all trying to do (insert rolling eyes emoticon here!).  He was a white guy (still is!) and said since that never worked none of it did.  I have studied a little of the Master Mind stuff also, so I know where you are coming from.

I like your take on this (although that glass of wine before bed is also one of my rituals :) .  After 12+ hour days it feels good to grab a hot shower and sit down with Mama on the couch in front of the tube and just relax.  Perhaps my advanced pool guy brain can enjoy a glass of wine as well as gain REM enlightenment!  Who am I kidding?  If I had an advanced guy brain I wouldn't be a pool guy!

I've tried several times to edit my signature but it says I can only have one line.  Somehow I got away with many early on and now I am afraid to screw that up (remember the story of the pool guy brain?)!  Edit: Went back in and was successful; another payoff of sending my donation to the page!

35 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

I imagine meeting with my rider of choice during my sleep time and ask "would you please help me out, give me some tips?"

That’s good. 

But I’m personally uncomfortable lying in bed, drifting off to dreamland with my last thoughts 💭💭being of Mark Paradise’s excellent riding demonstration of last Thursday. 

☁️ ☁️ ☁️ 🐑 💭🐑💭🐑💭🐑💭💭💭

haha, COOL. I like it Mark! https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/living-forward/201806/3-effective-visualization-techniques-change-your-life

When we were in Baja I didn't sleep much. Every time I started drifting off I'd be riding again, pushing too hard to 110%, flying off that one turn and that one. Certainly, I didn't like the "feeling" of falling off that cliff... Yeah, I'm not doing that tomorrow. Better to make mistakes in our sleep! I also enjoyed the next day that much more. I've heard Travis Pastrana wakes up screaming from time to time, he says that it happens when he wrecks in his sleep.

:thumbsup_anim:

Be round, roll well

Just remember to come back or well miss you Mark..                                                                                     YOU ARE HEAR \/ BLUE DOT

20130722_annotated_earth-moon_from_satur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 97xr400r said:

haha, COOL. I like it Mark! https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/living-forward/201806/3-effective-visualization-techniques-change-your-life

When we were in Baja I didn't sleep much. Every time I started drifting off I'd be riding again, pushing too hard to 110%, flying off that one turn and that one. Certainly, I didn't like the "feeling" of falling off that cliff... Yeah, I'm not doing that tomorrow. Better to make mistakes in our sleep! I also enjoyed the next day that much more. I've heard Travis Pastrana wakes up screaming from time to time, he says that it happens when he wrecks in his sleep.

:thumbsup_anim:

Be round, roll well

Just remember to come back or well miss you Mark..                                                                                     YOU ARE HEAR \/ BLUE DOT

20130722_annotated_earth-moon_from_satur

This is too funny! Blue dot sure puts things into perspective! 

2 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

That’s good. 

But I’m personally uncomfortable lying in bed, drifting off to dreamland with my last thoughts 💭💭being of Mark Paradise’s excellent riding demonstration of last Thursday. 

☁️ ☁️ ☁️ 🐑 💭🐑💭🐑💭🐑💭💭💭

Sleep well Buttercup!