Guest Jdawg

Meet and Greet

Guest Jdawg

Would any lads, ladettes, and lest we not forget California’s newest gender category, non-binary’s, be up for a local meet and greet?   We can see how beautiful and sexy we all are!  😊

Even a meetup at a local brewery like Ballast Point in Mira Mesa, Karl Strauss in Rose Canyon, or Stone in Liberty Station would be groovy....or we could meet for breakfast chow somewhere like Konitos (huge, amazing breakfast burritos) in PB or Majors in Pine Valley.  

Just thinking something low-key to get us familiar with one another.  

What say you?  Say you, say me, just don’t make me sing Lionel Richie!

thats always fun.  maybe take a little time off from Xmas and shoot for late January?

We have informal get togethers pretty much every month in north county. Anywhere from 3 to 20 guys show up. We are due for one so

I’ll try and put one together. 

You may may want to plan one further south also.

CiD

So, what is considered, "south"? I am not from here originally and I don't know many of you or where the bulk of the members are located. Would the line be from Del Mar?

JDiudvi.jpg

Guest Jdawg
22 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

We have informal get togethers pretty much every month in north county. Anywhere from 3 to 20 guys show up. We are due for one so

I’ll try and put one together. 

You may may want to plan one further south also.

CiD

Hi CID

Very cool.  Where is your typical rendezvous?  Is this a bike meet, or just arrive in whateva’s clever (like a cage)?  Is your meetup mostly regulars?  I was hoping to entice noobs as well. 

Cheers,

J

Guest Jdawg
12 hours ago, erik_26 said:

So, what is considered, "south"? I am not from here originally and I don't know many of you or where the bulk of the members are located. Would the line be from Del Mar?

My opinion would be the line is wherever people are comfortable with riding/driving that distance to the venue.  

If, however, I were to make a N/S Mason-Dixon Line, I would place it near La Jolla. Based primarily on Oceanside to San Ysidro mileage.  

Outside of a map pinned with our locations, there is no way for me to know where the bulk of us are.  In the past, I would usually just throw out a time/date and location and see who bites.  

All that shizzle said:

Major’s (ride to, weather dependent) in Pine Valley is fine with me. To play it safe it would probably be best to plan it no earlier than 9am or 10am, to mitigate the possibly of your gnads freezing directly to your tank. 

For in town, (metro San Diego), Pizza Nova (near Point Loma seafood) has great, pizza, beer selection (if you so choose), and a nice view of the marina with partial harbor view. I am open to suggestions though.

January 26th (Saturday) sound groovy?

Distance doesn't matter because we have motorcycles and love to ride.

May I suggest waiting until we have our SDAR Club Meeting in January...and this will also be our Desert Dash coordinating meeting.

Time and date not set yet.

Just an FYI...Generally speaking, as a long time San Diegan, north/south has typically be delineated by highway 8. 

32 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Just an FYI...Generally speaking, as a long time San Diegan, north/south has typically be delineated by highway 8. 

Yes.

In fact, anything above the 52 is part of the LA/OC metroplex. Anything east of 70th is Phoenix, anything south of the (now) 56 is Mexico. Anything northeast of the 67 is part of Las Vegas, specifically, Henderson.

Anything east of Ranchita is Paradise 

Guest Jdawg

DD46C848-7751-4EC7-92BB-187AC5CC060C.jpeg

I have been edumacated that I actually live in ole Mexico....so I better get to digging a hole for me creampuff.

3 hours ago, simicrintz said:

I see what you did there, Mark :)

👏

On 1/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, KTMrad said:

May I suggest waiting until we have our SDAR Club Meeting in January...and this will also be our Desert Dash coordinating meeting.

Time and date not set yet.

The informal Meet and Greets are great. It is hard to talk and socialize at the club meeting because of too many people and everyone is packed into a booth and not giving up their space .

Yes time for a North County one  !

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 3:44 PM, SoCalMule said:

Anything east of Ranchita is Paradise 

Nice Mule....

Jamul on the other hand, is where the marine layer ends and the adventure begins....

• Like 1

These Informal Meets are entirely un-authorized and getting out of hand. Under the corporate model, member will submit applications for meetings to the calendar coordinator.

Don't get me started on the subject of approved topics of discussion.

😎

• Haha 1

Guest Jdawg

Personally, I would prefer to have the meet and greet separately from the club meet.  Doesn't matter if it is a big turnout.  Just a quick informal meetup to see new faces and/BS 💩 a little.

Anyway, I’m up for venue suggestions outside of mine.

1.  Does Jan 26th work?  It could even be done earlier, but I have visitors in town for Jan 18-21.

2.  Do people prefer a ride to eat breakfast at a place like majors in Pine Valley?

3.  ...or just to drive (uber) to grab a beer at an SD brewery or some restaurant locale?

This is not a big deal to me, just a low key meet up.  Let me know.

Keep the rubber dirty!

jdawg

Getting together with Kug for a beer and BBQ tomorrow (Thursday 1/10) at 5:00. Mike’s BBQ in Escondido. We usually go until about 7:30. All are welcome. I’ll also make a new post.

CiD

Guest Jdawg

I wish I could, but traffic is gonna be a biatch for me to get up there. Thanks for the general invite.  Hope you lads have a hoot!