Pokey151

Question about CO2 inflators

I picked up a CO2  Inflator It came with an adapter for a schrader valve and the bicycle valve ( I don't know the name)

Anyways, for the shrader valve it appears there is no center pin that I see on any gauge or air chucks to fill the tire.Did I get a defect of one or is this normal and because the C02 cartridges such high pressure it automatically pushes it in through pressure?I am trying to find out before I end up having to use it and find out it's defective thank you

Normal. Mucho pressure. Some times a little tricky. Good idea to practice with once or twice before you really need it. 

8 minutes ago, amgems said:

Normal. Mucho pressure. Some times a little tricky. Good idea to practice with once or twice before you really need it. 

Agreed test it 1st the first co2 inflator i got was pressure fit and went threw 2 of them on the trail before any air got into tire. New one i got is screw on co2 type

Hate those things.
Except when they work. Something so gratifying about having them actually inflate the tire, maybe because it's so rare. I nevertheless carry one, but only as a backup (it pumps, too). I much prefer my tiny electric compressor.

Thanks for the info and advice.  I have 3 screw in canisters, I should order more and practice with it

2 minutes ago, Pokey151 said:

I should order more and practice with it

Indeed. 

I used one for the first time on a fellow rider a few months back.  It had to be screwed onto the stem, and then the pressure released.  One canister filled his rear tire to 10 psi.

1 hour ago, tvscum said:

I used one for the first time on a fellow rider

Jeeze.
You TV people.