Chinen

New Member Intro

Howdy y'all! I am new to San Diego and Adventure riding. I live in the Otay Ranch/Eastlake area. I have a BMW F800 GS and I would love to become more confident on it so any beginner ride recommendations would be lovely. I will search the forums for such suggestions. I just wanted to announce myself and look forward to some great experiences! 

Hello Chinen,

Welcome to the forum! I am new as well. I also am in the Eastlake/Otay Ranch part of Chula Vista. I have a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere and a TW200. I am open to going on beginner rides as well.

Hope to see you on the trails,

Erik

Welcome otay truck trail is pretty beginner but kinda steep, use to be able to atleast do Proctor valley road for basic dirt road practice havent been there since they started developing it though

Welcome, Chinen. Sounds like you, Erik, and I need to get out on some easy fire roads together. Kind of a blind-leading-the-blind trail ride. What do ya say?

Brad

Welcome!  Look for noob rides posted here occasionally.
(And don't take your F800 down Heart Attack Hill)

F800GS looks like a good mid-sized adventure bike, hopefully you can get some weekend trips in.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

14 hours ago, bradwill said:

Welcome, Chinen. Sounds like you, Erik, and I need to get out on some easy fire roads together. Kind of a blind-leading-the-blind trail ride. What do ya say?

Brad

Haha... I am in.

45 minutes ago, erik_26 said:

Haha... I am in.

Me too!  Let's go on this blind date of blind-leading-the-blind trail ride. HA

1 hour ago, Chinen said:

Now don't be getting any ideas and think about getting fresh with me.... I am high maintenance, have expensive tastes and require more than a dinner and a movie, just ask my wife....

On 12/14/2018 at 1:46 PM, erik_26 said:

Now don't be getting any ideas and think about getting fresh with me.... I am high maintenance, have expensive tastes and require more than a dinner and a movie, just ask my wife....

On 12/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, Chinen said:

@Chinen and @erik_26,

Over in the Pine Valley Rd thread, @Bp619 suggested trying Pine Creek Rd as a easy and scenic route for big bikes. Maybe we try that one out?

Here's a link to what I think is the route: https://goo.gl/maps/tJsUwdEZnpq. Looks like just under 10 miles with a 2200 ft elevation gain.

Brad

4 hours ago, bradwill said:

@Chinen and @erik_26,

Over in the Pine Valley Rd thread, @Bp619 suggested trying Pine Creek Rd as a easy and scenic route for big bikes. Maybe we try that one out?

Here's a link to what I think is the route: https://goo.gl/maps/tJsUwdEZnpq. Looks like just under 10 miles with a 2200 ft elevation gain.

Brad

Hey Brad,

That looks like fun too me. I would be in. Are you thinking of riding there or throwing your bike in the back of the truck?

Also, there is some good big bike riding near us here in Chula Vista. Honeysprings road in Jumal offers a nice scenic ride with multiple side routes. 

Hey Erik,

Wherever we decide to start, I would ride there on my GSA. I don’t have any way to transport my bike other than riding it 😜

I’m open to Honeysprings Rd as well. I just explored Proctor Valley Rd to Jamul last weekend in that neighborhood.

Just do all those routes in one day easily doable in couple hours

On 12/20/2018 at 7:13 PM, bradwill said:

Hi @Chinen. @erik_26 set up a ride from Chula Vista up to the tech day on Saturday morning. Check it out. Maybe you can make it?

Hello! Well I am currently at work, I work nights at a hospital. I will definitely be too tired for a ride like that after tonight but I would like to come by the meet up to at least show my face, and say hello. 

6 hours ago, Chinen said:

Still there?? I just arrived I may have missed you. 

Sorry Chinen, I think you missed us. We left a few minutes earlier than originally posted.