dirt dame

A rider escapes the Camp fire

This was just posted on another motorcycle website.  They were lucky to be safe, but lost all...

We lost everything from the F'! Camp fire. Here is what 4 Italian TE Husky's and 2 KTM Duke's look like now. We are so sad. We are thankful that we did make it out with the car, the cats, the laptop and a portable hard drive with years of photos. That is it. IMG_6.jpg

First one didn’t work for me either but the second one does.

My bosses in-laws lived in Paradise.  They lost 6 homes between them.  They also lost their jobs as those business burned to the ground.  Relocating 6 related families and looking for new jobs in a new town . . . it's a lot for one extended family to endure.

I have AH friend, who lost 3 car and bikes in the camp fire. Same for his sister and brother. just to sad that we have to talk about this.

Terrible, we had a forest management/ fire management thread one time, I won't repeat, but to think all this was most probably preventable. Terrible, and to think it's going to happen here again way worse than the Laguna Fire in 70.

Terrible.

I work with someone who lived in Paradise for 12 years and just moved last year, because his wife was so worried every time he traveled out of town for work in fear of fire.

Showed me the picture of a foundation this morning, that was once his home.

Worked with with someone in SF last week that moved there 1 month ago and lost everything - Devastating

I have very similar concerns living in eastern Jamul, beautiful place to live but it's just a mater of when not if.